Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront Zero - Version 3.0 COMPLETE

Post by MandeRek »

Dear friends,
After long work, 2 new maps, improved weapons, effects, vehicles, and things added like Commanders, weapons, heroes etc.; My baby released in completed form

Unbelievably happy: I hope you enjoy this as much as I do every day. I squashed most bugs, there will be still some, mostly in maps (which are unfixable) and some vehicle sounds, and HUDs.

I just couldn't resist releasing this now, please check it out since it's FINALLY as it should be, in my opinion. Below the readme, please make sure you read it!

Download using Star Wars Battlefront Filefront(fixed version, thanks Mav):
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ero;108273

Also thanks for the reviews, Dantooine bugs might be fixed but the rest is mostly unfixable (the Tat-CP4 spawn, from the first release, floating objects on Myg) because i lost all assets to most maps I don't neccesarily need bug reports since I'm well aware of what to fix and what not. P.O., as Coda says it; Personal Opinions, are free to give ofcourse :)

Readme:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||BATTLEFRONT ZERO VERSION 3.0||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Index
---

1. Introduction (Mod information)
2. Installation Guide
3. Mod Content
4. MandeRek's Note
5. Contact, Mod Guide etc.
6. Credits

1. Introduction (Mod information)
---

Well, here it is, at last. Battlefront Zero. Battlefront Zero is a mod for Star Wars Battlefront 2, which basicly adds VERY MUCH new Clone Wars stuff.
How? Are we replacing sides? The answer is no. Battlefront Zero is a stand alone mod, and can be played with all other mods. No things will be replaced,
only things will be added. This is because Battlefront Zero just adds maps, which includes all new stuff, like map objects, new legions, new droids,
new weapons, new vehicles, new heroes, new sounds, new effects and new animations.

Battlefront Zero can be used without any other thing, as said. Still, we really think you should download Zerted's Version 1.3 patch, because this will
add more MODS (like Jedi Hunt) and more display to the addon list. Without this shell from Zerted, the Battlefront Zero maps won't have names in the addon
list, so you'll need to puzzle to find out what to play! With the patch/shell, all map names will be displayed in BLUE FONT, so you know what a Battlefront
Zero map is.

2. Installation Guide
---

BEFORE INSTALLATION, IT IS COMPLETELY NECESSARY TO INSTALL ZERTED'S 1.3 PATCH! SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR GAMETOAST.COM/FORUMS

1. Take the ZER folder from this package, and paste it with the one from ...\Lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\addon
2. If it asks you if it's okay if files get overwriten, press YES, otherwise BF0 won't work properly
3. After installation, play till your computer crashes because of the drool coming out'f your mouth!

Uninstall:

-Remove the ZER folder from the addon folder (and uninstall the 1.3 patch if you need)

3. Mod Content
---

The mod has a lot of new content, cannot really tell everything.

-New maps, displayed in blue, with new map props
-New heroes, with new Force powers, light saber hilts and cloth properties
-New CIS droid units
-New clone units, with new legions
-New vehicles, like the AT-AP and Blurrg
-New modes, like Weapon Conquest
-New weapons
-Two different campaign lines
-Improvements on stock models, like Mace Windu

It is to much to go into it with detail, for real detail I suggest you check out the links in *5. Contact, Mod Guide etc.*

4. MandeRek's Note
---

Battlefront Zero has become a huge mod. It all started with one map, and some custom hero models, most not canon at all. I think we can conclude
that BF0 has become an huge, canon mod, and I am proud to be the member that started this mod, saw this growing, and will probably release the final mod.

Just keep yourself up to date on www.gametoast.com/forums
We have our own 'Battlefront Zero' part there, full of info and nice pictures. Good luck, and have fun playing!

NOTE:

Version 3.0 is the first release which should be astonishing; almost no bugs. It's known that some vehicles are missing sounds,
and that the CIS vehicles on Thule might be missing vehicle HUDs. All others things should be fixed, although most map impurities can't be fixed because of lost assets!

5. Contact, Mod Guide etc.
---

Battlefront Zero
forums/viewtopic.php?f=71

Status with finished things, WIPs and links:
forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=14958

E-mail:
manderek92@live.nl

Don't spam, or it won't be answered. For questions, go to GameToast.

6. Credits
---

Real life savers, contributing models, experience, other assets, and loads of help:

FragMe!
RepSharpshooter
Maveritchell
AceMastermind
Teancum
[RDH]Zerted
AQT (now team member)

Also credits to:

CodaRez (for the best piece of bugtesting you'll ever find!)
B.I.G._Cookie
Satti
DarthD.U.C.K.
Dragonum
Delta "35"/Delta-1035
SkyHammer
NeoMarz
Rekubot
Commander_Keller
ANDEwEGET
RogueKnight
CommanderBacara/CC-1138
DEVISS-REX
Squeddie
theultimat
NapSlash

I also wanna thank members which left, but contributed to this project (although some work didn't make it to the release):

Wazmol
RepSharpshooter
FOOLIS
YaNkFaN

The Battlefront Zero Team

----

MandeRek (Crazy_Ewok) (AQT) NullCommando mswf

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE,
DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.[/code]
I want to thank especially FragMe, Mav', Tean and CodaRez, for checking, strong opinions which mean really a lot to me.

Besides that, I want to thank AceMastermind. Just read through my old PMs, and I almost forgot, that he learned me basicly everything I know about moddeling. Thanks buddy!

Make sure to check out the Mustafar map, started by me and the other 99% completed by AQT.. It's an awesome map!

Greetings,

MandeRek and the BF0 Team
Last edited by MandeRek on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 3.0 COMPLETE

Post by The_Emperor »

Nice, time to play BF2 for the first time again in half a year!

And as for you Mande, GO OUTSIDE! It's snowing like mad! GO!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Well, like before I must wait for another link because megaupload hates my pc...

Anyway good job Mande, finally the v3.0 it's out and I'm sure it will be really good. :)
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Cool, BF0 3.0. :runaway:

I am downloading. :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

The_Emperor wrote:Nice, time to play BF2 for the first time again in half a year!

Think I didn't notice! :D Best snow in years, this release was waiting on my pc for 3 days hehe! We're completely snowed up! :)
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

OffTopic: Anyone with Firsfox should get the download manager addon off the firefox addon site, its soo much faster than the regular FF downloader.

OnTopic: D/ling now, and will probably play everything after church.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I'll do my best to get this up for you on SWBFFiles either today or tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fantastic but as always you can expect some candid criticism (not that it will detract from the scope of what you've done - which is why I say this first). :thumbs:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Cool - just in time for my winter break. :P Will definitely give it a go.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

MandeRek wrote:
The_Emperor wrote:Nice, time to play BF2 for the first time again in half a year!

Think I didn't notice! :D Best snow in years, this release was waiting on my pc for 3 days hehe! We're completely snowed up! :)
Same here. Got over a foot of snow.

Can't wait to give this a try. Congrats on all your hard work.

Edit: I got a message saying that the PLAIN.lvl file is corrupt.
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Super, good news
:yes:
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

Plain.lvl is corrupt.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

So from what I've played, I do have a few criticisms about some things:

Mustafar: Fun, but it's too....open. You get shot from halfway across the map. The stealth trooper also has no stealth, which kind of defeats the purpose. Something looks wrong with the vibroblade texture, too.
Dantooine: I personally would have liked to see a conquest mode for this. There's also a bug on one of the bridges, as you can fall through part of the walkway. I also noticed that the Lt. (is his name a reference to Gogie, btw?) does respawn after you kill him, which I don't believe was intended.
Ilum: You removed Hero Assault? Was it too buggy? Thought it was unnecessary? I personally liked it.

Edit: Geonosis is unplayable as the Republic, asthe only two units you can play as are Commander Jet and Luminara, and both are unlockable units. I highly suggest you release a patch in the future.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

AT-RT on Felucia: Mineral Basin has no firing sounds.
All the grenades have weird HUD displays.

Pretty bug free, although I noticed also that Fisto's apprentice on Dantooine carrys the holocron inside his chest, and it sticks out his back and front.

Good release, but a patch would be a good idea.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Tatooine: The Republic tanks have no firing sounds. Another bug that's been present since Version 1 is that you can't spawn on CP4.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Yay! What a great Christmas present! Thanks a lot for uploading, Mande.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:Plain.lvl is corrupt.
Same. But that doesn't make this mod any less awesome. Amazing Work, MandeRek! :thumbs:
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Same. But that doesn't make this mod any less awesome. Amazing Work, MandeRek! :thumbs:
What is that for anyways?
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:
What is that for anyways?
I'm guessing that it's affecting the Geonosis level, as there only two units appear on the selection screen for the Republic.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

It's also for Ryloth cuz I only get to play as Commander Cody & Ponds. A patch would be greatly appreciated cuz I'll have some more bugs to report later.
genaral_mitch
Jedi
Jedi

Post by genaral_mitch »

For the republic on Thule: Assault you only get to play as Mace Windu. He takes points to unlock.