Moderator: Moderators

CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 3.0 COMPLETE

Post by CodaRez »

Ahahaha! Pleasure to be recognized in the credits of this great mod, thank you, it is an honor.

Since the .lvl was corrupted I believe I can't give a substantially full report(and also on the count that I'm lazy tdy :P ) But, i did play 2 maps, and I will give my review as such:

MOS GAMOS:

-Well, my only issue was that the reinforcement count was maybe too high, leading to a prolonged game, maybe too long. There were some pathing errors too, but I'll get pics for those in my next report.

MOS GAMOS P.O<(I hope you remember what this meant)

-You DO know that I released a version 2 of the tusken cycler right?

http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 64&t=20724

If you have a patch you should include this version, trust me its more improved.

-The jawa shots are yellow, that seems odd. Ionization is predominantly blue. But hey, its ur mod.

DANTOOINE:

-Well, there are some probs here, like some stacked boxes having gaps and Nahdar not having quite a proper UVed face(u should check it out) Still, nice addition to the Rep Heroes :thumbs: .
Ill post more pics of those stacked boxes having gaps in my next report.

-You know the first objective? Capture a CP? Theres a deep pond there right? Well, I was jumping around with Nahdar with his super mono-jump(quite interesting and fun really) and well, you can guess what happened. Fell in to the lake, and whats more important is then I fell THRU the ground. Then I fell into the black void till a *Leaving Battlefield* sign saved me. But to save trouble, you should just put a death region, or make sure the lake has a flat surface so eh can at least JUMP out of it (and the droids cant hehe :bdroid2:

-Little Googie spawned again for me after I killed him for the objective(quite a nice kitbash btw)

-I believe ur holocron has a messed up UV

DANTOOINE P.O:

-Maybe those turrets u need to destroy for the mission should be auto-turrets?

-The first CP u need to capture? Yeah, how bout making it more of a challenge by letting the AI able to re-capture it again. It was really easy when i made the CP neutral, got cut down, and then just come back and cleared the droids and captured the CP

-You DO know the Z-wing exists right? Ugly Starfighter. But there are no pics for it, so I guess urs suffices :thumbs:

Well, all in all, well done. With these 2 maps, I have faith in the awesomeness of this mod. Most of the crushed bugs (award weapons :wink: and weapon icons) were great. Keep it up! And hope to get that PLAIN.lvl fixed :D

Btw:
DarthRogueKnight wrote: All the grenades have weird HUD displays.
I wouldn't necessarily call them weird. Maybe thats how he wanted them. I do agree they look a bit bland as just paint colour, but that helps differentiate what they are. He could improve it with a sort of *flare* effect for the display pic. But its up to him.
(awesome plasma grenade effect btw :thumbs: )
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks for all reviews, no idea what happened to the plain.lvl. It's the main republic, anyhow, it's updated in the first post, you can download it here

To get BF0 to work completely, put the above file in Addon\ZER\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE

Mav', could you also link to this in the SWFilefront review? It would be a pain to upload it all again. (Can't wait for your critism btw)

Also thanks for the reviews, Dantooine bugs might be fixed but the rest is mostly unfixable (the Tat-CP4 spawn, from the first release, floating objects on Myg) because i lost all assets to most maps I don't neccesarily need bug reports since I'm well aware of what to fix and what not. P.O., as Coda says it; Personal Opinions, are free to give ofcourse :)

Again, thanks for the nice reviews :)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Hehe, now that the final .lvl piece is complete, I can unleash my potential.

"Now you will experience the power of this FULLY ARMED and OPERATIONAL BATTLESTA-*I mean!* REPORT!"

MOS GAMOS:

-To supplement my earlier report, nice effect that u applied envmap to the DC-15 Long Blaster. But in this pic, there are some cut and slanted edges for its envmap:
Hidden/Spoiler:
They are a bit hard to notice, but well, ur decision to see to it a bit. Sry, just cant really articulate this one well.

RYLOTH:

Well, now with the hyper .lvl patching up the units, the whole *commanders only* lineup is not evident. Unit roster complete *chime*

-No complaints on hunt mode, it is IMO alrdy well polished. GJ :thumbs:

-Well, the only bug is with Cody. See this pic that captures the visor I made:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Its missing some parts....
I think this has to do with hex-editing. I suggest you add the visor as an addon .msh and hex-edit the jetpack and hole-filler (yes I noticed :wink: ) only. That way you can preserve most of the visor.

Other than that, the map was awesome, like in previous versions.

*On another note, i personally want to thank you for following my advice on properly enveloping the SBD Commander a bit. I dont see no sticking out black parts now :thumbs:

TANTIVE IV P.O:

*Again, I also want to thank you here. Now with a better unit roster, the republic has SOME chance of winning now :clone:

-You may want to match the legion markings of this arc to his pauldron or vice versa:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-The same can be said for this arc, to match up with the saturation of his jetpack(or vice versa):
Hidden/Spoiler:
DANTOOINE EXTENDED:

Now to extend on my report hehe :maulsaber:

-Well, ur texture has some black here:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-And ur CPs missing here.
Hidden/Spoiler:
-This bug is a lot harder to explain. Ur bridges have a problem where they connect(which is mostly where the wooden railings stop connecting to each other) where one can phase through the ground. Such as poor Nahdar having his feet mysteriously stuck.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Chances are a bit low on actually falling from it, but since nahdar has a bit less control on his jump(combined with the force inherent in jumps) you will never be sure where to land and have this happen to you. Ah well, ur choice to find and fix

-You could do better at UV-ing this poor barrel a bit
Hidden/Spoiler:
-And theres a teensy gap between these boxes here
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that, campaign, fun :mrgreen: .

SALEUCAMI P.O:

-Quick suggestion, since the 91st guy is just another trooper for variety, why not make him more special, and give him increased walk speed hmm?

*gasps for air*

Phew! Its been awhile since I wrote such a big report like this. Of course, part one this only is, more reports in future, and you can so count on it :wink:

Seeing old maps that havent changed except gotten a bit better. You really have done it man. Expect more from me in my next report, while i let u munch thru these details that will probably freeze ur brain numb as the snow outside ur house! muahahahaha! :maulsaber:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Sjee, sometimes I just want to kill you since you're seeing just everything, don't cha? :P

Anyhow, I can't ignore the special feeling of answering all your notifications, I'm kinda happy since they're hardly my mistake (forgive the egoistic remark)
CodaRez wrote:Hehe, now that the final .lvl piece is complete, I can unleash my potential.

"Now you will experience the power of this FULLY ARMED and OPERATIONAL BATTLESTA-*I mean!* REPORT!"

MOS GAMOS:

-To supplement my earlier report, nice effect that u applied envmap to the DC-15 Long Blaster. But in this pic, there are some cut and slanted edges for its envmap:
Hidden/Spoiler:
They are a bit hard to notice, but well, ur decision to see to it a bit. Sry, just cant really articulate this one well.
I'm just not going to fix this, sorry man :P

RYLOTH:

Well, now with the hyper .lvl patching up the units, the whole *commanders only* lineup is not evident. Unit roster complete *chime*

-No complaints on hunt mode, it is IMO alrdy well polished. GJ :thumbs:
Thanks a lot man, this is the kind off remark I like most

-Well, the only bug is with Cody. See this pic that captures the visor I made:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Its missing some parts....
I think this has to do with hex-editing. I suggest you add the visor as an addon .msh and hex-edit the jetpack and hole-filler (yes I noticed :wink: ) only. That way you can preserve most of the visor.
Actually it's DEV's hexed model. Anyhow, if any newer releases come out I'll replace it.

Other than that, the map was awesome, like in previous versions.

*On another note, i personally want to thank you for following my advice on properly enveloping the SBD Commander a bit. I dont see no sticking out black parts now :thumbs:
No problem? :P

TANTIVE IV P.O:

*Again, I also want to thank you here. Now with a better unit roster, the republic has SOME chance of winning now :clone:

-You may want to match the legion markings of this arc to his pauldron or vice versa:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You're right, somehow this ARC skin gets overriden once in a while. I need to check what's bothering it

-The same can be said for this arc, to match up with the saturation of his jetpack(or vice versa):
Mwah, okay.. But only because it's you

DANTOOINE EXTENDED:

Now to extend on my report hehe :maulsaber:

-Well, ur texture has some black here:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weird lighting problem?

-And ur CPs missing here.
Just make another step. Still, dunno how to fix. Maybe your video settings?

-This bug is a lot harder to explain. Ur bridges have a problem where they connect(which is mostly where the wooden railings stop connecting to each other) where one can phase through the ground. Such as poor Nahdar having his feet mysteriously stuck.

Weird, might look into that.

-You could do better at UV-ing this poor barrel a bit

Not mine, but.. I might make a model

-And theres a teensy gap between these boxes here

Again not mine, but I'll make a new model

Other than that, campaign, fun :mrgreen: .

SALEUCAMI P.O:

-Quick suggestion, since the 91st guy is just another trooper for variety, why not make him more special, and give him increased walk speed hmm?

Nah, he's just there so people won't bother making comments like: "Weren't the 91st on Saleucami, stupid MandeRek?"
*gasps for air*

Phew! Its been awhile since I wrote such a big report like this. Of course, part one this only is, more reports in future, and you can so count on it :wink:

Seeing old maps that havent changed except gotten a bit better. You really have done it man. Expect more from me in my next report, while i let u munch thru these details that will probably freeze ur brain numb as the snow outside ur house! muahahahaha! :maulsaber:
Thanks for the review man, luckily, this time, there's more P.O. as real bugs; that just made my day
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Thanks for the fix, MandeRek. But I thought you said Mustafar; Burning Platforms would have a Zero Squad mission?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Yeah true, but AQT was working on that, and I wanted to give him some more time for his baby

Instead of that, I did the Jedi Affairs mission

Hope you all like it! This is basicly what you will get for this year, I'm already working on some updates which you.. might not expect from me.

Also, the first post has been updated with the FIXED version of this version, which means there's also a working plain.lvl in that version. It's from filefront, and reviewed by Maveritchell. Screenies are included so make sure to check it out :thumbs:
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

about the credits.....
-its HapSlash, not NapSlash
-the ARC-gun was made by "(Lord) Bertie" not Dragonum
-Squeddie is actually a mix of the makers of the assets in "squeddies pack of source models" Squipple and Eddie
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:about the credits.....
-its HapSlash, not NapSlash
:funny2:

I wonder what kinda assassin he was to kill people in their sleep
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

about the credits another time..
you forgot to credit Hatrus for the electrostaffmodel

and i found a small bug: the magnaguard has b1-droid chunks
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks D.U.C.K., it's fixed for the next version ;)
Thanks about the bug as well, might fix that although it's not much of a priority at the moment really
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hey MandeRek, are you gonna add regular conquest to Dantooine??
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I have just finished playing every mission and conquest map in this mod recently, and, well, I've already said how I feel about the latest versions of BF0, I really like them, so I won't repeat myself; I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on "finishing" (there are still a few bugs here and there to sort out, but I realize this is more or less the finished product) this project, I would also like to thank you again for your perseverance and determination to see it through, you must be glad to be done.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks Nihillo, I'm indeed glad to be done, although I've always worked on this project, so far, with fun and enthousiasm. With the new GCW/Envoy of the Beginning part, BF0 takes a new step and so do I. Glad you like it
Nova Hawk wrote:Hey MandeRek, are you gonna add regular conquest to Dantooine??
Nope... sorry!
Havoc 526
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Something
Games I'm Playing :: Xenoblade Splatoon

Post by Havoc 526 »

So, I take it Christophsis was scrapped?
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Havoc 526 wrote:So, I take it Christophsis was scrapped?
More or less like; the finished product has never been published by the one person that was going to do Christophis.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

True, I'm still hoping he'll finish it (completely (bugfree)) one day, but I think not. To give some room for a Tri-Droid, NullCommando (and Skyhammer too) are/were working on a big-bridged Mygeeto map! I'm sure that would add enough fun to replace Chris, I even think it will be better (gameplay wise)
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

MandeRek wrote:True, I'm still hoping he'll finish it (completely (bugfree)) one day, but I think not. To give some room for a Tri-Droid, NullCommando (and Skyhammer too) are/were working on a big-bridged Mygeeto map! I'm sure that would add enough fun to replace Chris, I even think it will be better (gameplay wise)
I still am.....had to restart the whole map once (got a stupid terrain bug I couldn't get rid of at all) and lost some of the damaged buildings to a stupid xsi crash...but its getting there, slowly. Send you picks once I've got the fx settings all done (need more clouds and flames).
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Sick man, just take your time. Why should I make you rush if I won't do it myself for some of your requests? :P

I'm already so glad you're making a Mygeeto for BF0 :thumbs: