I'm suprised nobody has...

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

OGEB1103

I'm suprised nobody has...

Post by OGEB1103 »

...designed and made an AT-TE carrier gunship. Basically you would get rid of the wing balls and extend the wings, get rid of the turret balls and take a chunk out of the back and add grippers. You would have a pilot with just lasers and the co-pilot who would pickup and dropoff the AT-TE. It would fly slower obviously. Think about it :D
JAFFA

RE: I

Post by JAFFA »

Kind of pointless to fly in....lightly armoured and no weapons. This would only be for fun, and i dont see how anyone could actually make an AT-TE drop off animation....
OGEB1103

RE: I

Post by OGEB1103 »

I forgot to put in that it would be heavily armoured so it wouldn't break apart from carrying the AT-TE
Anyway i thought it would be good for a massive Geonosis battle that i thought of designing. But i don't know how do do modding and mapping.
Neon

Post by Neon »

What about adding the arc-170 co-pilot and rear gun? :twisted:
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

OGE, how would you make the AT-TE - as a individual vehicle - be connected to the AT-TE Carrier???

first of all, you're talking about 2 vehicles, where one controls BOTH :?

second of all, after dropping the ATTE the ATTE Carrier seems kida pointless to me :?

as said, it would only be fun - but never useable :o
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

As I recall, the AT-TE does have a carrier model. I might be wrong though. I know it never made it to a playable state.
xDarkRainx7

Post by xDarkRainx7 »

or you could mod it so instead of just dropping outa the sky when a new AT-TE is spawned you have a custom scripted animaionof the LAAT/c dropping off the AT-TE
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

The purpose would be to transport AT-TEs faster around the map. Once on the ground they are essentially a moving CP, so...

Equipping it with minimal guns would probably be best.

Though it might not even be possible, lol, like others said above.
Orix

Post by Orix »

Imagine the AT-TE carrier being used in a large space map to place it in the CIS hanger... That would just be the meanest, and coolest thing, allowing for a spawn point on the enemy ship!
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

You obviously haven't played SWBF 2 ORIX because the Clone Gunship is a spawn point in its own rights, but i won't judge you for it as you're new :wink:
jango232

Post by jango232 »

i agree this would be cool cos it would give it a sense of reallity but in staed of that , you when a vechile is destroyed a new one is spawned instead of it just appaering by magic hav that ship drop it at the cp then it would be more likt the film

EDIT
oh by the way how do you get your rank higher on this website????
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

As on any other forum : You must post a certain amount of messages to get new ranks...
Orix

Post by Orix »

You post more Jango :P

I have actually played BF2... probabaly too much for my own good recently.
I know there is a LAAT spawn in the Republic hanger... just thinking how cool it would be to transport an AT-TE over to them CIS hangers.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

Now that WOULD be cool orix :P

It wouldnt be very easily moveable about the hangar, and kinda pointless apart from being a near indestructable spawn point.

And, as said, this being quite hard/impossible to do, ppl may not risk making it on a space map....it might walk out of the hangar LOL and fall to oblivion :D

I assume, tell me if im incorrect, that ANY vehicle should be able to exit through the hangar force-fields yeah? So some kind of walker could walk outside and shoot at the ships in space :D
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

No, no. There are barriers for walkers, men, hover-class and flyers. So that could be fixed.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

Aha......so then the AT-TE in the hangar would be incredibly pointless then.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Why would those barriers make it pointless? There are probably barriers on the mag-con field for vehicles (so that droideka can't roll into space, like on the Death Star map) but flyers can. The AT-TE would be considered a flyer when connected to the transport. So it would work.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

But an AT-TE in space would be pointless, all the same. Why are we even considering it? :?
Orix

Post by Orix »

Well... if a huge space map involving a large CIS ship's hanger, such as the Invisible Hand should be made in a mod, then such an ability would be quite devastating for the CIS... unless of course it was balanced somehow. Anyway, I think it would definately be an incredible tactical advantage on the battlefields that utilise an AT-TE.
maxloef
Major General
Major General

Post by maxloef »

wel it used to be in battlefront 1 if we could pursuade psychofre on finishing it for swbf1 and then convert it to swbf 2 welthen uhm it wuld be very well possible ;)