I'm suprised nobody has...

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveK14
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SteveK14 »

Qdin wrote:OGE, how would you make the AT-TE - as a individual vehicle - be connected to the AT-TE Carrier???

first of all, you're talking about 2 vehicles, where one controls BOTH :?

second of all, after dropping the ATTE the ATTE Carrier seems kida pointless to me :?

as said, it would only be fun - but never useable :o
There was great interest and work done on this in BF1. The problem is what Qdin stated. In BF1 the thought was that ATTE's would spawn units in flight and they would fall to their deaths. The odf's had pointers in them to a hard point called "link". It was supposed to be the attachment point to the LAAT/c. The resource files for the LAAT/c were not finished or included in the tools. Also there is no animation for the ship dropping and unfolding it's legs or whatever it looks like. Animations EAT memory. A new model of the LAAT with the hardpoint in it was attempted but the work was abandoned. Modeling new vehicles and getting them to work in-game proved to be almost impossible and VERY time consuming. Who knows what tools for BF2 will bring?

Steve
giftheck

Re: I'm suprised nobody has...

Post by giftheck »

OGEB1103 wrote:...designed and made an AT-TE carrier gunship. Basically you would get rid of the wing balls and extend the wings, get rid of the turret balls and take a chunk out of the back and add grippers. You would have a pilot with just lasers and the co-pilot who would pickup and dropoff the AT-TE. It would fly slower obviously. Think about it :D
It was removed from BF1 because it was extremely buggy and the AT-TEs fell crashing into the ground. LucasArts abandoned this as well as other vehicles, including the Sentinal Shuttle.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: I

Post by Teancum »

However, the Sentinal Shuttle works now.
Evans

RE: Re: I

Post by Evans »

the atte thing might work because if u have ever jumped on a vehicle u would be shooting kind of like a turret and u could jump off and be a normal soldier. u might be able to do this with an atte if u created a barrier under the ship and had the atte sit "on" it and have the co pilot disable it but i dont think that will be possible in the game because of the moveing ship. u could also make an anamation where the atte drops then have a spawn point on the ground there for it.
Kipp

Post by Kipp »

i think what we need to do is have more bording party action.... i mean getting a few men out and droping time bombs is kinda fun and all, but wouldn't it be cool to have full scale or near full scale hanger battles?

also, i think volture droids should be able to land on ships, kinda like in ep3.

and i think it would be cool if the insides of the ships would be expanded, instead of just like 4-5 rooms have it be a full map like the Yavin IV map. (is it Yavin 4? maybe it is Yavin 5... the map from the start of ep4.)
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

I think, the map you're thinking of is Tantive IV, not Yavin IV. Yavin is the jungle moon with the temples.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

But being able to transport an AT-TE would be very useful during an orbital assault/Space Assault (assault on muunilist), when you don't want to fly down your troops in a LAAT again and again and again...