Clone Commando in SWBF 2

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

CloneCommanderAlpha512

Clone Commando in SWBF 2

Post by CloneCommanderAlpha512 »

i was wondering if it would be possible for someone to make a swbf 2 mod that includes the republic clone commando as a class, maybe replacing a jet trooper in some maps. of course, we might have to wait for the mod tools to be released. The models can be like Majin Revan's SWBF 1 clone commandos
CloneCommanderAlpha512

RE: Clone Commando in SWBF 2

if ppl are not willing to replace jet troopers than maybe we can make new maps where clone commandos are heroes or replace another constant class
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

uhh - what's the point?

you CAN play as a Clone Commander, with a chaingun - isn't that good enough for you? :wink:

besides, you haven't told me what to replace in which maps etc.
Darth_killer

Post by Darth_killer »

I like the chaingun better then the other weapons :wink:
RDST

Post by RDST »

The sad part is even if you put a new texture on a trooper you would need a totally new model with animations (something that ca't be put ingame) for it to look like and RC. Thats what it boils down to... great ideas but no ability to do them :?
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Or...we can just show this to Majin Revan, since he made the Clone Commando for SWBF 1, and ask (beg) him and see if he'll do it again for SWBF II.
CloneCommanderAlpha512

Re: RE: Clone Commando in SWBF 2

Qdin wrote:uhh - what's the point?

you CAN play as a Clone Commander, with a chaingun - isn't that good enough for you? :wink:

besides, you haven't told me what to replace in which maps etc.

HELLO!!!!!!!!! i said clone COMMANDO not COMMANDER. Majin Revan's swbf 1 clone commandos looked pretty cool and were awesome to play as
RDST

Post by RDST »

calm down. Half the folks here don't read the post anways :wink:
CloneCommanderAlpha512

k sry bout that i got hyper
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Me want commandos! *Twitch*

I just love those elite dudes... and seeing as the jet trooper's effectiveness has been reduced to a laughable state... sure, replacing it would be cool. But I'm guessing we'll need to wait for the tools to be released. IF they get released.
CloneCommanderAlpha512

DakkerDB wrote:Me want commandos! *Twitch*

I just love those elite dudes... and seeing as the jet trooper's effectiveness has been reduced to a laughable state... sure, replacing it would be cool. But I'm guessing we'll need to wait for the tools to be released. IF they get released.
Im sure the tools will be released soon
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

I thought a good mod for each level is to replace the commanER with the character from that planet in the films e.g. Cody for utapau.
Anyway that sounds cool, replacing the jetrooper with a just as cool looking commandO.
dipstick555

Post by dipstick555 »

making a unit for each plante is very possible, but the side size will sky-rocket
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

yeah - and RDST: it IS possible to create your own unit-models and animations! go update youreslf in the XSI forum :roll: if they hasn't changed anything in the sequel regarding the bones, nulls and the models itself (since there's a few models to one unit - lol)
Besides, if you really want to have the Clone Commando made by MajinRevan, and the same weapons - I still want credits for the weapons :P :P :P

but for me, the Clone Commando and Clone Commander means the same :roll:
RDST

Post by RDST »

^ya I just looked and well... I was wrong. Maybe a commando is possible afterall (of course you might need to enlist Saturn's help to do it). Now its time to wait for mod tools.

*twidles thumbs*
Karr

Post by Karr »

Just curious, can you change the rate of fire from hex editing? I havent looked at the side files yet (been wrapped up in mission.lvl) If so just replace jet trooper weapons and such with a faster firing riflemen- maybe a little stronger too- with a remote det change and bam, you got a clone commando.....? Maybe change the outfit to the sniper if you can since that looks sorta like the commandos.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

you could port JA models, all you would have to do is reweight them and figure out how to put them in game. and if they were to high poly you might be able to use the l.o.d variants for models.
Easy.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

hmm - but you also have to let the animations and bones fit into the right pieces of the model and envelope it :?

but if you know how to do that, then there shouldn't be many problems :)
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Well, im surprised that not many people know stuff about weighting to new skeletons and fitting bones to the model to work with animations.
RDST

Post by RDST »

^Thats a pretty advanced topic and considering many of people don't own XSI or any 3D modeling program its not a surprise.