swbf profile character limit evilness

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

imp_strikeforce

swbf profile character limit evilness

Post by imp_strikeforce »

ok this is really screwy. so i go to put my new all-cool [GT]imp_strikeforce name into the profile menu in bf, only to find that my new name (of merely 19 characters) is too much for bf to handle! it only allows like 15-6 characters. :(

but i thought i could maybe get around it. so i go into the folder where the profiles are, i copy my existing profile to my desktop, rename it, open it with notepad/ultraedit change the values to match my new name, and save. then i go into the game and my [GT]imp_strikeforce profile shows up! so i click on it, and it gives me this error "can't load profile" or "error loading profile" or something.

so i don't know if this means i have to give up my name or shorten it or what.

but any help here would be hot :D
Darthlarrious

Re: swbf profile character limit evilness

Post by Darthlarrious »

I also have encountered the same problem, and as much as i would love to be {GT}Darthlarrious, that just isin't possible, so i just wan't to know if i MUST have th {GT} because i'm not ready for an identity change just yet
imp_strikeforce wrote:but any help here would be hot :D
*edit= sorry, imp_stikeforce : [GT]
Last edited by Darthlarrious on Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imp_strikeforce

RE: Re: swbf profile character limit evilness

btw we're [GT] now instead of {GT}
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

It not required, if they dont fit, there is nothing that can be done so Im sure everyone understands, its really just to helpus/ let us know. I will have [GT] since mine is short but Id worry more on kicking butt! hehe.
Darthlarrious

Post by Darthlarrious »

lol, good to know, thanx guru
imp_strikeforce

i know but its like darthlarrious said, i'm not exactly ready to part with my name or the honorary [GT] part either!

as for kicking some serious butt, don't worry about that!! :D
(although i havent really played in like almost a month, iv just been modding *hehe* but i'll see what i can do)
imp_strikeforce

but thers got to be some way you can edit some file or even the battlefront.exe to allow for more characters in the profile.

i think it could be done, but youd have to have some programming/code skills, which i don't. i used to know a little java, i once took a robotics class that used pbasic (although i prob forgot both -hehe), and i have some experience with code and like c# or c+ or whatever it is just from modding and messing around, but prob not enough to do this kinda thing.

oh well...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

Some of the guys in TAW have long names I wonder what they do to make things work, maybe some of you have seen? I think I played on a few of their servers and everyone in most cases was tagless?
imp_strikeforce

hmmm, thats interesting. i wouldnt really know. like i said i havent really played in almost a month.

but im sure it can be done. somehow... maybe this is something fred or nimlot could help/w
imp_strikeforce

WOOT!! i just noticed. eddie's in the clan now too! sweetness :D
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

yup 16 and about 2 join a day! very cool , well getmore organized soon, with events and a match 2 days into being a clan , its hectic :)