MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Last Release: Version 5

Post by MandeRek »

After more than 2 years of working, a lot of team members, who joined and left, a lot of crashes, falling and redoing.. This is finally the last release of BF0. Not because it's completely finished, not because I think it's done.. Just because I think it's time to finish the chapter of 'modding' in my life. I polished what I could the last weeks, although I didn't have much time, and must say I just left GT without saying or releasing anything.. But I just can't keep you away from my baby, although not many people will really like it with all new moddeling and mapping going on for this game. This is basicly all I've ever done in modding, and I hope.. actually BEG you can at least see all effort I've put in this.. GT:

Battlefront Zero; Version 5.0

Readme, basicly all to say there is, about new content (in short: GCW), notes, credits etc.:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||BATTLEFRONT ZERO VERSION 5.0||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Index
---

1. Introduction (Mod information)
2. Installation Guide
3. Mod Content
4. MandeRek's Note
5. Contact, Mod Guide etc.
6. Credits

1. Introduction (Mod information)
---

Well, here it is, at last. Battlefront Zero. Battlefront Zero is a mod for Star Wars Battlefront 2, which basicly adds VERY MUCH new Clone Wars stuff.
How? Are we replacing sides? The answer is no. Battlefront Zero is a stand alone mod, and can be played with all other mods. No things will be replaced,
only things will be added. This is because Battlefront Zero just adds maps, which includes all new stuff, like map objects, new legions, new droids,
new weapons, new vehicles, new heroes, new sounds, new effects and new animations.

Battlefront Zero can be used without any other thing, as said. Still, we really think you should download Zerted's Version 1.3 patch, because this will
add more MODS (like Jedi Hunt) and more display to the addon list. Without this shell from Zerted, the Battlefront Zero maps won't have names in the addon
list, so you'll need to puzzle to find out what to play! With the patch/shell, all map names will be displayed in BLUE FONT, so you know what a Battlefront
Zero map is.

2. Installation Guide
---

BEFORE INSTALLATION, IT IS COMPLETELY NECESSARY TO INSTALL ZERTED'S 1.3 PATCH! SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR GAMETOAST.COM/FORUMS

1. Take the ZER folder from this package, and paste it with the one from ...\Lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\addon
2. If it asks you if it's okay if files get overwriten, press YES, otherwise BF0 won't work properly
3. After installation, play till your computer crashes because of the drool coming out'f your mouth!

Uninstall:

-Remove the ZER folder from the addon folder (and uninstall the 1.3 patch if you need)

Problem:

-IF somehow it isn't working, you're probably having too much missions. Place some from the Addon folder in another folder, names different, so they're
temporarily not loaded. You can always replace them ofcourse. This should be compatible with the Conversion Pack and The Dark Times.

3. Mod Content
---

The mod mainly focusses on fixing old bugs, polishing some models and adding a WHOLE NEW ERA with heroes, sides etc.

It is to much to go into it with detail, for real detail I suggest you check out the maps itself (:

Things which eventually didn't make it into this final release, and why:

KOTOR era -- Had no motivation after Mav's amazing era
TriDroids -- Eventually had no map to place them in, they're done though
Endor; Base (MandeRek's map) -- Had 1 more bug, which wasn't worth fixing for now
AT-OT -- Done, but didn;t finish the animations yet.
Playable Crab Droids and Dwarf Spiders -- Never had time and good will to finish the big amount of work I've put in them

The above might be released as a seperate mod!

4. MandeRek's Note
---

Battlefront Zero has been my modding baby.. My first model is still in the mod, and so is my last. I really hope people can appreciate the
work I've put in this, and also all other contributors. This will be my last big mod, and basicly it's the only mod I've done.
I know some things lack, especially in the maps, but I hope the sides and heroes will fill that gap. I tried keeping everything as BF2's as possible,
so no HD-clones or other things which Pandemic wouldn't include in an addon for BF2.. Hope you really enjoy it, and.. good luck playing it all! (:

5. Contact, Mod Guide etc.
---

Battlefront Zero
forums/viewtopic.php?f=71

Status with finished things, WIPs and links:
forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=14958

E-mail:
manderek92@live.nl

Don't spam, or it won't be answered. For questions, go to GameToast.

6. Credits
---

Real life savers, contributing models, experience, other assets, and loads of help:

FragMe!
RepSharpshooter
Maveritchell
AceMastermind
Teancum
[RDH]Zerted
AQT (now team member)

Also credits to:

CodaRez (for the best piece of bugtesting you'll ever find!)
B.I.G._Cookie
Satti
DarthD.U.C.K.
Dragonum
Delta "35"/Delta-1035
SkyHammer
NeoMarz
Rekubot
Commander_Keller
ANDEwEGET
RogueKnight
CommanderBacara/CC-1138
DEVISS-REX
Squipple & Eddie
theultimat
HapSlash
Lord Bertie
Hatrus

I also wanna thank members which left, but contributed to this project (although some work didn't make it to the release):

Wazmol
RepSharpshooter
FOOLIS
YaNkFaN
Crazy_Ewok
AQT
NullCommando

The Battlefront Zero Team

----

MandeRek and mswf

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE,
DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.[/code]
Download link:
Last edited by MandeRek on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: Last Release: Version 5

Post by lucasfart »

Wow! Its finally here! Good to see you've finally released the finished version. My only issue is the 500mb download. I don't think i'll be able to download this :( .
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Known bugs which won't be solved anymore, and stupid i missed them:
  • 2 or 3 Force Powers unlocalised
  • Death Star has no loadscreen
There are a lot of impurities in maps as people stated before, not all got fixed but I remember doing a lot of work on those. Gameplay should be fun though! Enjoy all

(sorry for the 500mb download, I already reduced filesize a lot from how it was first)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Well to quote...

"It's been a pleasure"

Great work, the irony of it is that since I bugreport this is the final version and I can't give quirky comments :P

Well seriously, I do truly appreciate the work and effort you put, doesn't come easily a modder who can make/gather many to make so many new diverse models, even if imperfect. A true inspiration to the rest of us. I'll play it with joy, you can bet on it :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks man, also for all bugtesting you've done, you know I really appreciate it right? Enjoy the new era, and thanks for all support as well :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Congratulations, MandeRek, on this final release of Battlefront Zer0 and all the effort you put into it to make it so. It seems like it was only yesterday that I played through the alpha. I'm glad I had the opportunity to help out and contribute in whatever way I could, whether it would be loadscreens or even a map, it was worth my time. I'm sure this version will be a blast to play through. :)
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks man :) I changed the hints/tips so people could actually be credited, you'll probably see your name/little story passing by during maploadings once ;)

Mustafar is, in my opinion, the strongest map of the mod. Thanks a lot for cleaning it and finishing it like this, and ofcourse for all the loadscreens :thumbs:

On another note, I won't 'stop' modding completely.. I'll still be available for small fun things, like moddeling contests, or helping other people if I can. I really want to focus from big, massive content mod (BF0) to more small, real polished, refreshing maps. Besides, I'm always in for requests for friends ofcourse.

I'm still hoping on a nice trailer for BF0, Revan would make one if I remember correctly, but my pc is so unbelievable laggy.. I'm already having problem playing on the highest lighting settings, so can't even think about recording. If people are in the mood.. I'ld be more than happy! :mrgreen:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Good to see it's out, bad to see the great chapter of Mande's mod is coming to a close. Looks good, man :thumbs: . Downloading now.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Congrats, MandeRek! I hope everyone can appreciate the work you and the team have put into this. Now, to reinstall BF2...
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

It says here that the file is temporarily unavailable and I have been trying to download this the whole day. I guess I will wait until you have another mirror ready.
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF

Post by FragMe! »

Just played through a few maps, congrats to you and all that contributed.

And I must say the ATAP looks awesome with the lighting on Kashyyyk, thanks for getting it in game. :D

Warning: A bit of self indulgence
Hidden/Spoiler:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I'm having the same issue as Nihillo, but I'll be sure to give it a download as soon as I can. :thumbs:
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

^I think the file was "temporarily unavailable" because so many people were trying to download the mod at once. :)
Anyway, I just started downloading it and I'll try it out soon. And I must say it is a shame that Endor:Base couldn't make it. The screens looked so good.

I'm guessing we can post our reviews here?

Oh, and can you tell me how many maps there are so I can know if I installed it right?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

inky wrote:I'm guessing we can post our reviews here?

Oh, and can you tell me how many maps there are so I can know if I installed it right?
You can post reviews if you want, but there won't be a new release so at least I won't do anything with them.. They're always good ofcourse.

By heart it containes 16 maps, wherefrom 2 are stock(loaded) ;)
FragMe! wrote:And I must say the ATAP looks awesome with the lighting on Kashyyyk, thanks for getting it in game. :D
Haha it sure looks amazing, thanks a lot for the great asset and all help you gave me throughout all problems I've been through. Make sure you read the Hints/Tips, you must be on one ;)

You're a lifesaver Bert :thumbs:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I had a chance to play through the mod a bit last night, and I have to say the new content really shows how far you've progressed as a modder. I still have my criticisms of some of the older content from when the mod first started out, but I recall you mentioning that you lost a lot of the source files for the original maps, so there's not really anything you could have done with them. Everything you've added more recently, however, has been of high quality. :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Eggman wrote:I had a chance to play through the mod a bit last night, and I have to say the new content really shows how far you've progressed as a modder. I still have my criticisms of some of the older content from when the mod first started out, but I recall you mentioning that you lost a lot of the source files for the original maps, so there's not really anything you could have done with them. Everything you've added more recently, however, has been of high quality. :thumbs:
Thanks a lot man :thumbs: It's a shame I lost them, indeed the GCW is as high or sometimes even higher quality as the old content, in a very short time. But I didn't have the motivation to redo all the old content..
Thanks again
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

MandeRek wrote:
inky wrote:I'm guessing we can post our reviews here?

You can post reviews if you want, but there won't be a new release so at least I won't do anything with them.. They're always good ofcourse.

By heart it containes 16 maps, wherefrom 2 are stock(loaded) ;)
Okay, thanks.

I played Rhen Var, Mustafar, and Starkillers Revenge last night.

Rhen Var: Gameplay was good and I liked the structures. And the way the CIS starts out, it makes them look like the invaders, which their supposed to be of course. And I think it's like that in your other maps as well. Also, the map is good for sniping if you're the Republic.

Mustafar: I think you or someone else mentioned that Mustafar was the best map of the mod or something like that. And I certainily agree with that. The gameplay was as near to perfect as you can get. You couldn't just rush foward by yourself. You actually needed the help of your TEAM. Imagine that. And I had to watch my step as I jumped with Yoda, more than once dying in the lava. XD So that was a challenge. And when that happened, you actually hit rock-bottom, unlike in the stock map, where you keep on falling forever.

Starkiller's Revenge: This was one of the 2 stock maps if I recall, and it just gave new units to the map. So I'll start with those. The models were very well-done, for a start. They looked "visually stunning" in my opinion. And they were pretty balanced. The weapon sounds were pretty neat too. And when i played as Starkiller, my favorite thing to do was to charge up that force light power and then run into a pack of enemies and let it loose. Made me chuckle in my head every time.

Might post some more later.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks for the review. On Mustafar, I really liked the GCW. You need good graphics I guess, my PC lagged A LOT because of the Incinerator Trooper, and the already 'heavy' requiring map. Anyhow, have fun playing the rest as well ;)
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

I will. Also, I noticed on the Republic side that there was a trooper with a vibroblade. It was named an AQ-t vibroblade....Is that a reference to AQT?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

inky wrote:I will. Also, I noticed on the Republic side that there was a trooper with a vibroblade. It was named an AQ-t vibroblade....Is that a reference to AQT?
Hehe funny you notice, it's indeed a non-canon name, as little credit to AQT and all the amazing work he put into the map :-)