Blackrider asked me to try this.......

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikey_bizzle441

Post by Mikey_bizzle441 »

well i screwed up and forgot to back up the uta.lvl so yea......
Neon

Post by Neon »

Reinstall :wink:
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Anyway, the "uta*.lvl" file(s) must be too huge to be uploaded "efficiently"... You do not have many choices, then... :?
arachon

Post by arachon »

oh and also... isnt the code for the gunship rep_fly_gunship_sc?
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

arachon wrote:oh and also... isnt the code for the gunship rep_fly_gunship_sc?
this is the code for the space gunship i think
Mikey_bizzle441

Post by Mikey_bizzle441 »

dragonum, why dont you add some flyers to some other ground maps and release it as a mod?
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

Mikey_bizzle441 wrote:dragonum, why dont you add some flyers to some other ground maps and release it as a mod?
the problem is TIME, i have only 1 sometimes 2 hours to do different thinks on my PC

sry
arachon

Post by arachon »

err.. ground and space gunship... the only gunship i know of (unmodded) is the space gunship -,-
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

The ground one they used in the campaign in the background(like the last objective on mygeeto) and has smaller doors so you can shoot out of it whereas the space one has doors that cover the whole opening otherwise you would get sucked out into space :wink:
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

A query: I changed the rep_hover_fightertank to rep_fly_gunship in the mission.lvl in the Kashyyyk Clone Wars conquest section and in the kas.lvl all of the rep_hover_fightertank's to rep_fly_gunship but they don't spawn. There's just a big space and the BARC Speeders only. Please help. :)
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

You have to look for EnitityHover, below the barcspeeder, and then replace it with EntityFlyer. Now you may replace the barcspeeder with the gunship on kas2.lvl and mission.lvl , but it will explode when it spawn, becouse it's too big :)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

You know, I seriously considered doing this before. I was looking through some of the stuff, and I got the idea, "Hmm... I wonder what would happen if I replaced rep_hover_fightertank with rep_fly_gunship?". I had a feeling that it would work. But I never really got around to it. Looks like you beat me to it, Dragonum. Nice work; you proved that it can be done, just as I expected. This should definitely open up some new modding opportunities...
Dragonum wrote:
Mikey_bizzle441 wrote:dragonum, why dont you add some flyers to some other ground maps and release it as a mod?
the problem is TIME, i have only 1 sometimes 2 hours to do different thinks on my PC
And if you want, Dragonum, I could probably edit the file to include the flyers on the maps for you, if you want. Giving credit where credit is due, of course.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

well hmm since it doesn't really work for mygeeto you should try doing it for kashyyyk im sure that will work because i was the jet trooper and flew higher then the 2 giant trees and that more then enough space to use a flyer we should just replace teh tank withe teh gunship and for teh six replace the stap with the MAF that way its like the movies
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Post by Thix_countix_oix_bartix »

Dragonum wrote:

sry
Perhaps you could just up load the two files for mygeeto? I'm still trying ot figure out how to add a 0 to the line...
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

If Dragonum allow me, I can make flying vehicles on ground maps for you(of course I will put your name on the credits, Dragonum) But the boundaries, will be another problem...
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

geonosis pls!
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

I made a mod with an vwing on geonosis, but I didn't released, it was just for me and my friend... also, I made a mod with a republic gunship on hoth, but it was only for my friend... I could make them a little better and upload on SWBF files... maybe
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

The problem on Geonosis is that the republic has only one vehicle (the at-te) and if you replace it, the map becomes quite imbalanced.
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

yea, but on my little mod not-released, it was kite balanced, cuz the vwing got a lot of bombs :lol:
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Post by Thix_countix_oix_bartix »

I did it 8)

Now i just need to to it for afew other levels.