Patch and Editor News

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

KonKushn

Patch and Editor News

Post by KonKushn »

The latest ::

The patch should be completed in about a week. BUT, it has to go through testing and may or may not be bundled with a LEVEL EDITOR application. It will depend on when the LEVEL EDITOR is complete.

So, don't expect it next week. This patch addresses the dual core CPU issue along with other technical bugs, but may include some gameplay and user interface fixes. Don't expect any new levels, weapons or characters, etc., in this patch.

-k
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

RE: Patch and Editor News

Post by guru »

Thanks for updates bud. Since the beta forums got hacked apart I havent had time to catch up on patches for swbf2. Very good news.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news where you get it from? Or are you a pandemic guy :?
Last edited by JAFFA on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

OK KonKushn :)

I guess you're someone who works with the Patch :)

this is great news, cus everybody loves a patch :P (even though I think the game actually is pretty stabile without a patch :wink: )

and Guru, what do you mean by the BETA Forums got hacked??? :? :? :?
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Or are you a pendemic guy
Watch out, he's got a pen, he must have pendemic flu. :wink:
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

ROFL

was actually a funny one this time in the night :roll:

he must be, but so long as they improve this game, I don't care if he's professional or just helps/keep in touch with 'em :)

I just wanna know if the Devs' likes our 'work' :D lol
KonKushn

Post by KonKushn »

The developers are keenly aware of the mod community and GT. They want folks to create mods to help generate more interest in the game.

Some of the challenges Pandemic has faced has been resources. Both people and time. That is why we haven't seen really mature modding tools that you get with other big-name titles.

Now that Pandemic has merged with Bioware and gained funding, they will be in the position to take their time and build better games and tools.

As a matter of fact they are already having planning meetings about what is coming up next. (top secret) :D

-k
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Post by Thix_countix_oix_bartix »

Glad to hear it. So, it would be realitic to expect the mod tools in about a month or two? Sounds good, but i think i'll go with "when it's done" :P
Schizo

Re: RE: Patch and Editor News

Post by Schizo »

Qdin wrote:OK KonKushn :)

I guess you're someone who works with the Patch :)

this is great news, cus everybody loves a patch :P (even though I think the game actually is pretty stabile without a patch :wink: )
Stable? Not to sound offensive or anything, but this is probably the glitchiest game I've ever played. It's always crashing on me right in the middle of the game, plus there's a lot of system bugs, glitches, etc.

It's a good thing a patch is finally coming out. I was waiting for one. I'm desperate to fix these Diet Dr. Pepper crashes.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Any idea on the the complexity of the mod tools?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

KonKushn is a reliable source of anything swbf , he is with Taw and was a member of the beta with a few of us that actually were active before the private beta forums and swbf2 testing site area was removed. Although he isnt from Pandemic this is welcomed news and is as close to Pandemic as it gets.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

As a matter of fact they are already having planning meetings about what is coming up next. (top secret)
Projects Q, X, Y & Z (check the pandemic website) ? Is one of them SW related?? or are we still not going to get a clue?

EDIT:
Stable? Not to sound offensive or anything, but this is probably the glitchiest game I've ever played. It's always crashing on me right in the middle of the game, plus there's a lot of system bugs, glitches, etc.
I also had this problem until Nvidia pulled their fingers out of their arses and produced a decent driver (v81.**) then it worked fine, check out all your drivers and settings and see if that helps.
Last edited by CarbineImpulse on Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

Where do you find so much information, KonKushn? :roll: 8) :shock:
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

does anyone have any idea of how similar the modding tools will be compared to those of bf1? in other words, if i want to mod bf2 is it worth looking into how to mod bf1?
dipstick555

Post by dipstick555 »

thats just you opion, the only gliches ive had where norton anti-virus caused
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

dipstick555 wrote:
thats just you opion, the only gliches ive had where norton anti-virus caused
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa ... 38&start=0

I'm definitely not alone in my opinion, I see. My point is, this game needs a patch badly.
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Post by Thix_countix_oix_bartix »

Tyler_Durden wrote:Any idea on the the complexity of the mod tools?
Thats a good question...what would the mod tools do? Are they editing programs or a utilities that that extract a the files into a format that can be edited with other programs usch as 3d max and photo shop?
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

The developers are keenly aware of the mod community and GT. They want folks to create mods to help generate more interest in the game.
Really... :) so, great news on the mod tools and patch.
Will the mod tools still use zeroedit and be compiled like psych0fred's old SWBF1 tools?
As for the patch, I only notice occasionaly crashing. Sometimes it runs slow and online I occasionaly "lose connection to the host", yet when I go back I find everyone else still playing and that I can reconnect.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

well, I never crashed on this new computer :P
there were a FEW times in the BETA on my old computer though :roll: but that's fixed :D

I love this game too much to care about crashes and glitches :')

What guru wrote about KonKushn; "KonKushn is a reliable source of anything swbf , he is with Taw and was a member of the beta with a few of us that actually were active before the private beta forums and swbf2 testing site area was removed. Although he isnt from Pandemic this is welcomed news and is as close to Pandemic as it gets."
Well, tell the other TAW's that I'll play more with them :D :D :D lol
and are you a modder or modeller or mapper or something? or are you just a really valuable source? :P (sry about the curiousity(sp?))
[BFG]DAWG

Post by [BFG]DAWG »

Excellent news on the patch and tools. This game has too much to offer and far too much scope to be ignored. Many have criticised Pandemic and Lucas Arts about the game. Hopefully this should put the weiners in there place. All games have problems and especially a game built on the Star Wars mythos, it can't be everything everyone wants, hopefuly with the tools and good community support it can become the best Star Wars game yet.