Fallout 3 and New Vegas General Modding Thread

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Fallout 3 and New Vegas General Modding Thread

Post by RevanSithLord »

This is for skinners and modders who mod for the PC versions of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (Fallout NV has many Fallout 3 as well as FO3 DLC content, but I'm sure people have guessed that.)

I'm going to show my first skin I made for FO3/NV a few days ago...note I did not get it into game yet, still need to learn. It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied for the most part. This is a U.S. Army T-51b armor set that I made, based on the green schemed U.S. armored vehicles from the 1940's to and through the 1950's depending on the location (Fallout is 1950's culture after all, despite being far into the future.) The screens were taken in Nifskope, "A graphical program that allows you to open NIF files, view their contents, edit them, and write them back out again. You can use it to quickly make changes to specific properties of a NIF file such as changing the texture, adding translucency, and more. A 3D view of the contents of the NIF file allows you to preview your changes instantly."

I hope you like, it still needs to be refined, in my opinion, but here's the rough concept. Not final overall skin regarding color and other details, but the star and flag placement is final. I will not overload it with unnecessary decals. This is the first in a series of skins honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. The Air Force and the Navy will eventually be skinned too. I'm going to be tossing around skin ideas for awhile.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Offtopic (hiding to not take up too much space):
Hidden/Spoiler:
To those wondering about the SWBF2 machinima series, I am sorry, I've been addicted to Fallout New Vegas and to no surprise and I am imagining a rolling of eyes and the saying of "Typical...I knew it" since I've put it on hold. See I was never the leader type. I don't even think I should've made that thread in the first place but I went against my own judgment - my fault. If anyone wants to pick up on it as leader, that'd be nice and I'd follow and help with ideas of course- I've just never been a leader. I've been waiting to obtain New Vegas for months and months on end and when I finally obtained my pre-order on the 19th, I've been drooling over it ever since and have been playing almost nonstop.)
PS- I can change the title to 'mod thread' to make it more convenient for Fallout modders.

Skin Credits/Inspirations:
U.S. Army for their Schemes.
Bethesda and Obsidian for the G.E.C.K. and game materials.
tavtav of the Fallout 3 Nexus for inspiration for doing such schemes for Power Armor and Fallout Skins in General.
Creators of Nifskope.
Last edited by RevanSithLord on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TFA]Padawan_Fighter
High General
High General
Projects :: Ha - as if I will ever get back to them
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 ARK EliteDngrs
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Fallout 3 and New Vegas Skin Thread

Post by [TFA]Padawan_Fighter »

"Typical...I knew it"
*rolls eyes and sighs*
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Fallout 3 and New Vegas Skin Thread

Post by RevanSithLord »

No actual comments on the skin? For off-topic purposes, I'd rather further talk of SWBF2 machinima be PM'd please, I just wanted to get it out of the way in-case people wondered about it. As I said, this thread is for skin work for any Fallout 3/NV skinners. But I might end up making it into an overall mod work thread for Fallout modders for better convenience.

More skins coming along soon, by the way.

Edit- Thread is now for general modding purposes for better convenience. Great for showing off mods you made or you like.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Re: Fallout 3 and New Vegas General Modding Thread

Post by Wonderboy »

I like that skin a lot. I've never played New Vegas, or the other Fallout games for that matter. I'm waiting to buy Black Ops and their mod tools.