Patch and Editor News

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Okay, I really need this patch now. I'm serious. My game has been crashing constantly all day today. Every single solitary round I've played, I haven't been able to make it through without a crash. Ridiculous. At least in the past, I've been able to play for an hour or so before it crashes. But now... now it's just unbearable. I've disabled my sound, done a system restore, updated my video drivers again, turned off my virus blocker, everything, and no luck at all. I'm so pissed right now... words cannot describe my anger and frustration. I love this game, but I can't play it. Makes me angry... seems like ever since we talked about a patch coming out to fix the problem, my computer's jynxed with some kind of curse and is crashing all the time now... ugh... if we don't get a patch by Christmas that fixes this problem, I'm getting my money back. No reason why I should pay $50 for a game that does nothing but crash all day long. I'd rather get CoD2 then have to deal with this crap.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

does the patch fix the spawn bug? Like getting stuck on 1 all the time?
KonKushn

Post by KonKushn »

I believe the latest build of the server that I am testing fixes the spawn bug. I need to do more testing though.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

Schizo, the prone position is made as animation for the units. but its also 'activated' in the .odf (last time I checked) where you can set the settings for the 'how accurate am I when standing/running or 'crawling' or proning?' so maybe we're so lucky, that they just removed it from the .odf's? :P (well, I haven't looked much into it - lol)
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

Maybe they removed the prone because that was how everyone glitched....:P
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

This is probably because of my computer but if I minimize the game at certain times like at the spawn screen or pretty much any place that isn't standing in the middle of a battlefield with a pause screen up (which doesn't help on multiplayer) then when I try to maximiz it again the game loses focus, and crashes. The real problm with this is not only does it crash, it explodes, taking out a graphic driver or two and messing up my screen horribly until I reset the computer. So it can take me quite a while to get back on because have to go through the pain of resetting everything, or trying to use a screen with mutilated resolution and colour.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Well if anything, I think the game should have a lot less arcadey style of play. People that I talked to say that's why they stopped playing the game because it feels less like a sim and more like a round of Unreal Tournament. I'm inclined to agree, this makes the game have a lot less depth than it already has. While this game does have a lot more than BF 1, it definitely needs more in order to bring hardcore PC gamers back. Otherwise we'll be waiting for BF3. They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place. Here it has but I guarantee people won't be waiting around for a third. Bring on Empire at War.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

Well, I just see two ways of playing this:
the REALLY cool and realistic 1st person, with LOTS of entertainment, and then there's the 3rd person winning 'watching around corners' view...
That kinda screws up the fun of it :? (either bad playing, or impersonal winning)

tell them to try in 1st person view :P
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

I like 1st person views on other shooters, but I always seem to get shot up the rse if i do 1st person view on battlefront.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

1st person is THE reason I bought this game. If the game had 3rd person only gameplay like most console shooters, I would have stayed away like the plague, as would many PC gamers I would think. Imagne my suprise when I find that there are first person modes for troops and cockpit mode for ground vehicles isn't included. WTF? Regardless, the game is missing something that could push it over the top. I can only really liken it to the game design. I guess everything feels too much the same, like the feeling you get when you buy an expansion pack.
Darthlarrious

Post by Darthlarrious »

sorry for the extremely late welcome KonKushn, but welcome nontheless, hope we can get some wicked mods started up with you :P

also thank you for the priceless information on the Patch and mod-tools, its good to know that your (Gametoast) is being watched by the ones who call the shots.

i think that if Pandemic dosen't come out with 1st person views, more than a few people will be on it.

Sitting patiently on my hands and waiting.

Metal On

Darthlarrious