How do I make AI spawn on one side only?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

DINOBOT

How do I make AI spawn on one side only?

Post by DINOBOT »

Hi, my name is dino and im an addict :)

I have been tossin around some ideas in my mind for a cool mission.lvl mod and have been toolin around and reading up as much as I on this stuff.

What I was hoping maybe someone here could help me with what line in the files determines how AI spawns. My goal is to make the ai spawn only one side, aswell as have hero health as normal health bar as opposed to lightsaber health bar.

Also if at all possible add even more AI than normal to one side so say just you and a pal could wreck shop on a massive army of droids by yourselves.

Thats my goal, if anyone has any idea where im comin from any response would be appreciated, just turning off the ai on one side would make me a happy man.
-=Sithicalohiny=-

RE: Any ideas how to..

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

The configurations for the spawning is in the load files and some in the mission.lvl file but unfortunately it is part of the gibberish and no numbers are shown in the lvl files.

What you need is Luck3y's extractor to open the lvl files then Lua 5.0 which is distributed in source so you need a C compiler which is usually around $1500 and then you can see the proper script. But getting it back to the .lvl file is a problem.

Or you can wait for the SDK.
DINOBOT

Post by DINOBOT »

thanks man, thats what i figured after studying the mission.lvl file for some time.

For now I have been having fun hex editing stuff, replaceing normal units with jangofetts, and mace windu and stuff, generally just messing around.

The next thing im trying to figure out is how they got the celeb deathmatch code workin with both sides being called for one team, for instance all and rep on good guys team, and cis/imp spawnin on one team.

Its hard to think of anything really revolutionary to do to the game though with this kinda limited toying around. I remember reading some poeple thought the swbf2 game play moves too fast, so i replaced units with the marine unit who moves slower but packs a rocket launcher instead of a pistol along with his rifle. They are used in the space levels but can be called for any .lvl so this is something really anyone can do.

I dunno anyone with any ideas just toss em out here and we can brainstorm. I noticed in a few posts down there is a trainer dl for the campaign missions. I was really surprised the coroscant space battle was never included in the online play and its something I might try to mess around with.

Hopefully its just something as simple as adding the code to the .mission file and having it work but something tells me it's probably harder than that.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, I was planning on trying to add Coruscant into the game so as it can be played on Instant Action/Multiplayer. Though I'm still trying to find out how I should do it... I was originally planning on replacing one of the other space maps (probably Space Felucia, due to its similarities with Coruscant Space). But then DYFX told me that there's another way to do it, by simply adding to the mission.lvl and changing the amount of characters or whatever in the file... which leaves me extremely baffled... he still has to get back to me on that... but I'll try my best... I'm sure there's a way to get CS in there...
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: RE: Any ideas how to..

Post by Nimlot »

-=Sithicalohiny=- wrote:What you need is Luck3y's extractor to open the lvl files then Lua 5.0 which is distributed in source so you need a C compiler which is usually around $1500 and then you can see the proper script. But getting it back to the .lvl file is a problem.
What, C compiler $1500? C compilers are free, don't know what you are refering to.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

RE: Re: RE: Any ideas how to..

Post by Leviathan »

He was surely talking of IDE's... (Only professional versions can reach such a cost !)
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Sorry, the C program that I saw in the shop was $1500.
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

Compiler != IDE

My tip: use Dev-C++. It's a freeware IDE that uses the freeware compiler MingW
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Sith', the IDE you talked of was probably Microsoft Visual Studio Professional Edition, or one of those "major" programming tools...
DF', you can also get a free compiler (But not an IDE !) called Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 on Microsoft's web-site... Also, Eclipse.org has equally made a C# / C++ IDE that you can get by going there...
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

As said, I use Dev-C++ and there's no reason for me to use Visual C++.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Are you sure all Microsoft Visual products' *.H files ship with Dev-C++ ?