Grev's Let's Plays

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Grev's Let's Plays

Post by Grev »

Dohnutt wrote:I enjoy watching these videos. It's fun to watch people progress.
Thanks!

Also, wanted to ask you guys something. In my new base, I was planning on building an agricultural section. This is to allow me to hunt solely for clay at daytime, and avoid hunting for food, while I can have a steady supply of food for gathering at night. Do you guys think this is a good idea? If I were to build this, would you want to see me build it, or would you be bored with that?
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Grev wrote:
Dohnutt wrote:I enjoy watching these videos. It's fun to watch people progress.
Thanks!

Also, wanted to ask you guys something. In my new base, I was planning on building an agricultural section. This is to allow me to hunt solely for clay at daytime, and avoid hunting for food, while I can have a steady supply of food for gathering at night. Do you guys think this is a good idea? If I were to build this, would you want to see me build it, or would you be bored with that?
You mean like your wheat field in the greenhouse of your old base?

I'd say go for it! And I'd love to see you build it. You should make it multiple floors (if that's possible) in kinda a terrace sort of shape with one level/stairs to second level, one side of which is away from the wall/so on.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

How go the labors? Any closer to that pagoda? Learned how to make colored cloth yet? Or portals?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:How go the labors? Any closer to that pagoda? Learned how to make colored cloth yet? Or portals?
I'm keeping all update stuff for later. Don't even want to look it up until I've found it myself in-game. So far I've found bone-meal, sugar, and I think thats it. Should have one vid of three up today. I'm not sure what I think of these three ids, I'm working on clearing out area for a farm, but it's pretty mundane (in my opinion), but I talk over most of it, so I'll be uploading it, then I'll do some off camera work.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Grev wrote:
Darth_Squoobus wrote:How go the labors? Any closer to that pagoda? Learned how to make colored cloth yet? Or portals?
I'm keeping all update stuff for later. Don't even want to look it up until I've found it myself in-game. So far I've found bone-meal, sugar, and I think thats it. Should have one vid of three up today. I'm not sure what I think of these three ids, I'm working on clearing out area for a farm, but it's pretty mundane (in my opinion), but I talk over most of it, so I'll be uploading it, then I'll do some off camera work.
Watched 009, liked and favorited, inspired to try my hand at these vids. :D

What do you use to video capture?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmm0QE6O12w

I was wondering who saw it before I posted. :P

I use a trial version of Camtasia for mac. I have about 12 days left in the trial, and the actual version costs some $90, so I'll probably be looking for some alternative soon. If you can fork over that cash for it though, it's a great program. It records, and you opens it's own editing program once you're done.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

Grev wrote:009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmm0QE6O12w

I use a trial version of Camtasia for mac. I have about 12 days left in the trial, and the actual version costs some $90, so I'll probably be looking for some alternative soon. If you can fork over that cash for it though, it's a great program. It records, and you opens it's own editing program once you're done.
Aha, I'm not running a Mac, so I'll probably be looking for an alternative. Do you play fullscreen, does Camtasia allow you to crop the screen to view only Minecraft?

And yes, I subbed, I love watching your videos, keeps me entertained and give me ideas of my own :D
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

RogueKnight wrote:
Grev wrote:009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmm0QE6O12w

Aha, I'm not running a Mac, so I'll probably be looking for an alternative. Do you play fullscreen, does Camtasia allow you to crop the screen to view only Minecraft?

And yes, I subbed, I love watching your videos, keeps me entertained and give me ideas of my own :D
I play fullscreen, and use Camtasia to crop the Mac bar on top and on the bottom.

The new update is awesome btw. I haven't done anything with any updated stuff yet, although I've found lots in my world. I wanted to record it, but was worried it would erase my saved recordings, so I'l be doing that later.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Ever considered making tnt? Blasting is how true men mine.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:Ever considered making tnt? Blasting is how true men mine.
Yup, that's how I make my island mines. May crack open a new one while update hunting.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

On a related note, you ever given cannons a thought?
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

Something I noticed;

I'm pretty sure pressure plates do need redstone, I have pressure plates surrounding my "Fort Knox" tower, and they don't do anything but click when mobs step on them.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

010 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYlSnbl8oUs

Enjoy! Like, Comment, and Subscribe!

This is part 2 of 3 of the videos I have recorded, and once I'm done with that, I'll do a few videos dedicated solely to figuring out this update.
RogueKnight wrote:Something I noticed;

I'm pretty sure pressure plates do need redstone, I have pressure plates surrounding my "Fort Knox" tower, and they don't do anything but click when mobs step on them.
Nope, I don't think they do. At least my wooden one didn't. It probably depends on the type of door and plate.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Grev wrote:
RogueKnight wrote:Something I noticed;

Nope, I don't think they do. At least my wooden one didn't. It probably depends on the type of door and plate.
Pressure plates do need redstone, unless they're adjacent to the object that you're trying to open/whatever with.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Are you trying to make an underwater extension of your base?

EDIT: Wait, a farm/garden. Never mind.
Last edited by Darth_Squoobus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

I've never played Minecraft so I don't really understand everything but your videos Grev are fun to watch. :D
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

sim-al2 wrote:I've never played Minecraft so I don't really understand everything but your videos Grev are fun to watch. :D
Thanks!

New vid. Last of the boring ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q2ths1Vka8

Enjoy!

EDIT
Ugh. It feels weird bumping my own thread. On one hand, it means the comments are going on the videos, which is good. On the other hand, I need to bump my own topics/ double post.

New video, where I go over the update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exc9a_Z6VYE

Also, I've been longing for adventure, so I'll probably set out on one more clay hunt, then go home and start the pagoda. It's time. Clay is too finicky a resource to look for. It'll just make the pagoda a long term project.

Enjoy!
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Looking good!
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

OLD POST:
Hidden/Spoiler:
New Post:
014 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYDrChOJm8

I continue my hunt and build... the Claystation!
RogueKnight
Space Ranger

Post by RogueKnight »

If you have a cool house, explore a lot, or torture farm animals for entertainment, you are perfect for Minecraft: Let's Play videos. You fill all three of these criterias. Still lovin the videos!