Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fusion »

On the Rooster Teeth language (I suggest all responses remain spoiler/hide tagged):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Just remember, the more a word is used the less power it has. You have to deal with swearing at some point in your life. For instance, if you're in a business meeting and your boss drops an F-bomb, I wouldn't suggest telling him to keep the language clean unless you're prepared to be laughed out. Rooster Teeth has no problem saying what they want, and honestly, I'm glad they've never changed their stance on it. (Hellz, even their name is inappropriate if you know what it means.)
I wouldn't have a swear filter here if it were up to me, but that's just me, as I rarely use them when I type because of how I learned how to write, but I do see it necessary to make long-winded spam posts hilarious to read. However, when I'm talking to friends I tend to swear more than 50 times a day, and on Halo, more than 15 times in a match, because if you think I'm going to go "Oh fiddle-dee-dee, that man is teabagging me," you must be crazy. :P
Awesome, I haven't seen Joel do anything in a while since the live-action shorts.

Oh, and beware of some of those remade maps. Some, like Terminal, have awful framerate issues that render the map unplayable. It's not as bad outside of forge when most of the spawning objects don't show up, but with 8-16 people playing on the map causing explosions everywhere it's like playing the game on a dial-up connection. If you're looking for ones that work, Atrium/Rat's Nest, Citadel, Lockout by Ash55 (on Forge World and Tempest), Noble Creek, and in some cases, Headlong.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Grev wrote:Such disrespect for Joel. How unexpected, considering it's the man, the myth, the legend, behind Caboose from RvB. I want to see a Joel v Geoff HORSE. THAT, would be a battle.
Wait a minute, Joel is the legendary behind-the-mask Caboose? I never knew that. Darn, he should have done his Caboose voice then instead of his regular. Would have been more funny, but ya I agree with you, a Joel vs Geoff would be hilarious.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Fusion wrote:On the Rooster Teeth language (I suggest all responses remain spoiler/hide tagged):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Just remember, the more a word is used the less power it has. You have to deal with swearing at some point in your life. For instance, if you're in a business meeting and your boss drops an F-bomb, I wouldn't suggest telling him to keep the language clean unless you're prepared to be laughed out. Rooster Teeth has no problem saying what they want, and honestly, I'm glad they've never changed their stance on it. (Hellz, even their name is inappropriate if you know what it means.)
I wouldn't have a swear filter here if it were up to me, but that's just me, as I rarely use them when I type because of how I learned how to write, but I do see it necessary to make long-winded spam posts hilarious to read. However, when I'm talking to friends I tend to swear more than 50 times a day, and on Halo, more than 15 times in a match, because if you think I'm going to go "Oh fiddle-dee-dee, that man is teabagging me," you must be crazy. :P
This. Although it's weird to admit, swearing becomes a part of life at a certain age.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

About swearing, sure we may get used to it but that doesn't mean its good. I know Someone and He hates a tongue that's on fire. We should always be building up our relationships, not tearing them down. I'm not wanting to get religious here or anything, I'm merely stating a fact.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I'm not going to get religious either, but people who swear constantly sound like ill-educated fools.

Back on topic, I'm still waiting for a Forgeworld II. Oh, and did you hear the news about the Halo: Combat Evolved remake?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo- ... volved-hd/
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wait, there's gonna be a Forgeworld II? Where did you hear about this?

And dude, that's pretty cool about the first Halo. Does this mean they're gonna like totally redo it and upgrade the graphics and other stuff?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Nova Hawk wrote:Wait, there's gonna be a Forgeworld II?
Heh, I probably should have been more clear. I'm hoping for a Forgeworld 2. (that's why I put "a Forgeworld II", but I can see how that's easy to miss) Something set in a different locale so we can have a different color palette to work with.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Teancum wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:Wait, there's gonna be a Forgeworld II?
Heh, I probably should have been more clear. I'm hoping for a Forgeworld 2. (that's why I put "a Forgeworld II", but I can see how that's easy to miss) Something set in a different locale so we can have a different color palette to work with.
Oh lol, yeah I would like that too. A different type of scenery would be nice.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Yeah, the remake, would be awesome, i have seen some pics before, looks like it is...

And also a Forge World 2 would be nice.

Anyone saw Reactor 9? the new map? looks great, http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... gins%20Law
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hmm.... looks like a nice map. So if I want to screenshots for the different maps created, how would I do that?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Labj wrote:Yeah, the remake, would be awesome, i have seen some pics before, looks like it is...

And also a Forge World 2 would be nice.

Anyone saw Reactor 9? the new map? looks great, http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... gins%20Law
Meh, just another of many Forge variants. As awesome as Forgeworld is any versus multiplayer map will look aesthetically boring the with same old color palette.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

The rumor about the CE remake being done by a company other than 343 is probably wrong; they have stated previously that all Halo games in the future will be done in-house. There have been so many rumors spreading about the CE remake and no one from Microsoft has denied it yet (they already denied the "Halo: Nemesis" game), so it's likely that they will be releasing it. Personally, I hope they do an ODST sort of deal, with the game running off of your Reach profile and a free DLC code for whatever comes out at that time (14-20 of the CE/PC maps would be nice and would warrant a $60 price...).

As for future Forge Worlds, Sand/Night, City/Water, and Snow/Covenant would be great.
Sand/Night would be based around the Sandbox Ascetic with lights from towers and dark deserts, and could have Sandbox, Epitaph, Relic (although it would be surrounded by high dunes instead of water) and Sandtrap.
City/Water would resemble Exodus/New Alexandria, possibly in the afternoon, and would feature Headlong, Turf, The Pit, Longshore, and maybe a return of their canceled map Blockout (allowing for upper-city building).
Snow/Covenant would be set on the unnamed moon orbiting Sanghelios where Snowbound was. Maps would be Snowbound (the bases being forge items), a Covenant themed Avalanche/Sidewinder, a Covenant themed Containment, Midship (in the colosseum area) and maybe Ice Fields from Halo PC.

That way, there's 15 remakes in the mappack and 15 remakes added to matchmaking, because I seriously hate how none of the current custom maps except for Atom, Cliffhanger, and the Community Slayer maps can be in matchmaking because of framerate effecting splitscreen players.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

I found this at b,net http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo- ... volved-hd/

The weekly update was very nice, BTW. Week of birthdays.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

My money is on it being fact - They've released 3 games for major cash since 09. They're not going to let 2011 go dry. So while 343 is off making their not-as-good-as-Bungie game from scratch they've farmed out an HD remake of Halo to Saber Interactive. Seems very plausible. Especially if Microsoft purchased the original Halo engine from Bungie. At that point Saber can do all the HD updates to the engine and assets while keeping the original level geometry, AI paths, etc.

@Labj - I posted the exact same link in my post already, thus the discussion.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Oh, missed that, sorry.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It's from a French website (so ignore the hilariously translated quote :P), but here's the new map pack according to Halo Destiny:
This is typed card BTB, but how to Storm, playable 4 against 4 very easily. This pack will weigh 450MO, and certainly available (if appropriate) for 800 Micosoft Point:

- Unearthed : As a card for the baptism of fire, will be easily playable at 4 against an army of Covenant , and it seems even more open than can be map On the Beach [Beachhead?].
- Condemned : It is situated in space, and seems to be human in the frigate destroyed during the mission "A long night of comfort" [Long Night of Solace], namely the Savannah . Playable 4 against 4 as it will accommodate the best 12 players .
- High-lands : Map apocalyptic situation, because during your battles, a croisseur Covenant will be happy to lead the rest through its firing to vitrify Reach, as you can see in the pictures below. This card could be adapted to be used as qu'Invasion, and all other game modes, and can accommodate from 8 to 16 players . This card draws much of the essence of Halo: CE .

And for your enjoyment, here are some pictures of these same cards, at least, more particularly from Terre Haute . We are sorry the quality of these images, we have not yet at our disposal a HD capture card , so we had to content ourselves with our poor cameras, waiting again for new ways to buy a digital SLR (joke).
Hidden/Spoiler:
If the pictures in the hide tags are gone by the time you read this I apologize. Condemned is a map on a UNSC Frigate very close to a star, Highlands is a very Halo CE-looking Big Team map with a Covenant Cruiser glassing the background, and Unearthed looks like it's set on one of the Mining Facilities in Tip of the Spear. Also, I'm not sure if Unearthed is a Firefight map or not, the translation I received really didn't make it clear at all.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

:shock: great! i was expecting this, i calculated 77 days afyer the Noble map pack release and was february 15th, but i doubt they will release anything that soon, the reason i calculated 77 days, is because 77 days after Reach was released the map pack was released. But i reallly hope that is real.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Woah! Highlands looks like Timberlands from CE.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

February 15th would be great, but I'm thinking it will be around April again, following Halo 3's release pattern.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

If it is not february 15th, i will go for april 3rd.