Can anyone help?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Niroku

Can anyone help?

Post by Niroku »

Can anyone name the sections to mod the space maps in misson.lvl, I really want to mod them!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Can anyone help?

Post by Leviathan »

What Space Battles' maps do you wish to tweak, Niro' ? :|

PS : By the way, welcome on GameToast's forums !... :wink:
Niroku

Post by Niroku »

all of them! please. At least all you know
Niroku

Post by Niroku »

And It would be helpful if I know the name for the ships for mission.lvl! anyone know any? thanks
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

The space maps start at spa1g_1flag and end at tan1c_1flag.
There are 20 space sections. I dont know which ones are which because it does not say.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Someone has already posted what Space Battle's map was associated to each "spa*" section... But I've unfortunately forgotten his name... You can nevertheless use the "Search" feature to get the list of those levels...
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Aww, that makes me sad, Lev. You don't remember me? :P

Spa1 = Yavin
Spa2 = Coruscant
Spa3 = Kashyyyk
Spa4 = Mustafar
Spa5 = Kamino
Spa6 = Mygeeto
Spa7 = Felucia
Spa8 = Hoth
Spa9 = Tatooine
Spa11 = Geonosis
Spa12 = Dagobah
Spa13 = Endor
Spa16 = Polis Massa

That's all of them. I only compiled a list because I'm working on that Coruscant space into BFII mod. But I mean, it could prove useful for other projects. The Polis Massa space sounds interesting to me... wonder what that's like? Probably really cool, with all the asteroids and everything. Though Space Endor is disappoiniting; I've played it... nothing like it should be. The planet doesn't even look like Endor! Not to mention there's not even a trace of the Death Star anywhere...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Excuse me for my lapse of memory... Next time, I'll learn the name of interesting posts' authors... :wink:
Regarding the Endor's Space map, I guess that a Death Star model had been inserted originally, but finally cut off from the final version, since it should require too much memory... But however, that needs a checking... :?
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, naturally a model of the Death Star would take up a huge amout of memory. I never said a model of the Death Star however; all I needed was a backround image of the Death Star II looming in the backround to satisfy me. Seriously, they didn't even do that. All they had to do was add an image to the sky dome... And you'd think they'd at least include Space Endor in the game anyway... a campaign map might've been nice, with an Endor Space/Ground combination to finish off the campaign...

Yeah, I think when the mod tools come out, first thing I'm going to do is make a proper Space Endor map, using reference materials from books, the movie, and mainly the old Rogue Leader level... and I'm also still working on getting the Space Coruscant map into the game... but I can't make heads or tails of what the heck DFYX is talking about with all the integers and whatnot...

I don't see why Space Coruscant and Endor weren't even in the game to begin with... two of the biggest space battles of all time, and they're not even available for Instant Action play...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

That won't be a problem anymore once SWBF II Mod Tools will be released... Thus, if the SDK would contain all needed files, brand-new "mission.lvl" could be made and uploaded, allowing the user to play at those Space Battles through the "Instant Action" mode...