All will be revealed on May 4th...

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

All will be revealed on May 4th...

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I know I know TW just started a "May The Forth Be With You' thread. But this is about this

LINK

In less than 7 hours we will know. Is it the Live Action Star Wars TV series? Is It Star Wars Battlefront 3? Is it going to be this?

Or will it be a massive disappointment all around.

GT, What are your thoughts as the clock counts down.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: All will be revealed on May 4th...

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hmm... well it does say Star Wars the Complete Saga up at the top but I'm not sure exactly what that's referring to. Thanks a lot for posting that, by the way. Now I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight. Its nearly midnight now and I got 6hrs to go. Looks like I'll find out in the morning.

I'm wishing for Battlefront 3 but I know that's setting my hopes a little too high. Oooh, the anticipation!
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

I think it's probably something to do with with the blu-ray release of the complete saga this september. But you never know they might reveal a playable demo of SWBF III in the contents like they did with SWBF for the DVD original trilogy release in 2004. But as you say, Rick is probably more likely. :shock:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I did some digging and from what I hear it is a good chance its details about the Complete Saga on Blu Ray. No BF3 :(

Or maybe they will find another way to pointlessly make money. 3D and Star Wars do not belong! If George had wanted 3d he should have done it in 77'.

It seems its just a lot of hype that fanboys like me just eat for breakfast.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I've pretty much given up on having hopes for anything Lucasarts related. They haven't listened to their customers pretty much since SWBF2 came out. Force Unleashed was fun, but not something to write home about.

It's probably yet another re-release of the Star Wars saga in HD, Blu-Ray, Extended Scenes, 3D, etc... but with another pointless addition like smell-o-vision.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by The_Emperor »

Smell-o-vision eh?

A gutted taun-taun. The trash compacter. Jabba's palace.

Mmm
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I was right - just stupid info on the Blu-Ray version.

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/?CO=us-en
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

No complete Star Wars scores, no Battlefront III. This announcement sucks. :(
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

ggctuk wrote:No complete Star Wars scores, no Battlefront III. This announcement sucks. :(

I have to concur here :plokoon:

And they want me to keep coming back to see more pictures as the day goes on? Pfft Diet Dr. Pepper that. I am going to go back to writing a letter to George he will burn to keep Lucas Ranch warm for he doesn't spend money on heat. He needs that money to redo all 6 movies in 3D. Will I go the the theaters to see them. Yes. Is it because of the 3D? No. I just want to see the OT on the big HD Digital Projector to carry with me in my mental pocket of Star wars memories, It will fit nicely next to me Going to the Star Wars in concert, and me talking to Dave Filoni.

Consider this topic "resolved" or whatever. Bitter bitter disappointment.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Post by Marvel4 »

ggctuk wrote:no Battlefront III
Oh, don't worry. We'll get it soon enough - just remember Free Radical is now Crytek UK.
*cough*Battlefront on CryEngine3*cough*
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Free Radical lost the contract. That's the whole reason they went under in the first place.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

ggctuk wrote:No complete Star Wars scores
Just goes to show how much of a music/Star Wars nerd I am, I would love to get my hands on the full scores for the films.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Eggman wrote:
ggctuk wrote:No complete Star Wars scores
Just goes to show how much of a music/Star Wars nerd I am, I would love to get my hands on the full scores for the films.
If they don't release the scores, I personally am hoping somebody leaks the recording sessions (which is technically what is happening in all Star Wars games). I'd pay for the score, but I'll take what I can get.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

The sharing thing doesn't work for Facebook. No unlocked material for me...haha.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I don't know why we thought it would be a video game. E3 is only a month away if they bother to announce anything.

If they do, it won't be Battlefront. I guarantee that. Several sources sparked rumors that someone else picked up development where FR left off, but it was debunked several times. Plus FR stated the tech that did the land-to-space transitions "dies with us". So that probably means the entire engine.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

The sharing thing didn't do anything...

EDIT: Youtube Favorite doesn't work. Neither Twitter or Facebook sharing works because the link is broken. It's just a screensaver.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:I don't know why we thought it would be a video game. E3 is only a month away if they bother to announce anything.

If they do, it won't be Battlefront. I guarantee that. Several sources sparked rumors that someone else picked up development where FR left off, but it was debunked several times. Plus FR stated the tech that did the land-to-space transitions "dies with us". So that probably means the entire engine.
Well, I'm sure you're aware of the rumours (especially since you've probably seen them enough when people try to edit them into the Battlefront III article on Wikipedia). In any case, I think a Star Wars game will probably be announced at E3, I do think LA has something to announce. It'll probably be TFUIII.

In any case, gave a thorough reading of what's on the 9 discs. So... is Lucas raiding the entire archives? Will he give us every deleted scene concievable?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

ggctuk wrote:
Teancum wrote:I don't know why we thought it would be a video game. E3 is only a month away if they bother to announce anything.

Well, I'm sure you're aware of the rumours (especially since you've probably seen them enough when people try to edit them into the Battlefront III article on Wikipedia). In any case, I think a Star Wars game will probably be announced at E3, I do think LA has something to announce. It'll probably be TFUIII.

In any case, gave a thorough reading of what's on the 9 discs. So... is Lucas raiding the entire archives? Will he give us every deleted scene concievable?
It's not TFUIII. I like the TFU story, and I think its a cool concept, but LucasArts said no more TFU, despite the cliffhanger ending of the last game.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Grev wrote:
ggctuk wrote:

It's not TFUIII. I like the TFU story, and I think its a cool concept, but LucasArts said no more TFU, despite the cliffhanger ending of the last game.
I'm sure that this was actually slapped down early on by LucasArts.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

ggctuk wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Grev"][quote="ggctuk"][quote="Teancum"]I don't know why we thought it would be a video game. E3 is only a month away if they bother to announce anything.

In any case, gave a thorough reading of what's on the 9 discs. So... is Lucas raiding the entire archives? Will he give us every deleted scene concievable?[/quote]
It's not TFUIII. I like the TFU story, and I think its a cool concept, but LucasArts said no more TFU, despite the cliffhanger ending of the last game.[/quote][/hide]

I'm sure that this was actually slapped down early on by LucasArts.[/quote]
Ummmmmm, wasn't it a topic YOU posted?
forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23938