Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon teaser trailer

Post by Teancum »

It's gonna be a GREAT summer for movies:
  • Fast Five - seeing it this weekend. Looks meh, but so long as it isn't as bad as the fourth one I'll enjoy it
  • Thor
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
  • X-Men: First Class
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
  • Cowboys & Aliens
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Teancum wrote:It's gonna be a GREAT summer for movies:
  • Fast Five - seeing it this weekend. Looks meh, but so long as it isn't as bad as the fourth one I'll enjoy it
  • Thor
  • X-Men: First Class
  • Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
  • Cowboys & Aliens
No Green Lantern? :)
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

-_- wrote:
  • Cowboys & Aliens
- Green Lantern :)
TADA! Fixed! :P

I kinda want to see this trilogy end on a somber note. Optimus and the Autobots leave to Cybertron after finally beating the Decepticons on Earth, but they leave behind a devastated earth, many dead or injured (including important main characters), and Sam to figure out what to do with his life. Something about a huge invasion, a Transformers kid waving a gun around (a first as far as I know), and characters betraying others and losing limbs gives me the impression that a happy ending simply won't fit.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

• Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
  • Cowboys & Aliens
Fixed. These are the main ones I wanna see.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Teancum wrote:If you mean it's the same type of character as Megan Fox's, then yes. If you mean it's the same actual character, then no. She plays Carly.
Yeah, no kidding. If she was playing the same charcacter, that would be beyond nuts.
in my opinion it would be better if she had played the same character. i think its far more annoying to replace megan fox with another "weputherinthemoviebecauseshelookssohot"-actress since she will play actually the same "character" but with another name.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Hidden/Spoiler:
The movie takes place in the present? I told you so.
Now anyway, I'm disappointed Unicron (Or the QUintessons) won't be in it, but a full-scale Decepticon invasion of earth is quite promising.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I'm hijacking this thread for my own intents and purposes. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just saw it. Amazing. Like, words can not describe how awesome this movie is. Go watch it. Right now. What's that? The theaters are closed past midnight? Drat. Alright, wait til the theater opens, buy a ticket as soon as possible, and watch this movie.

Honestly, it's quite possibly the best Transformers movie in terms of action and plot. Now, I'm not a Transformers fanboy, so I don't know if they screwed with any pre-existing Transformers canon (but judging from previous complaints from the other two movies, I'm gonna assume they did), but if you want a quality action movie filled with guns, explosives, giant fighting robots, AND a pretty good story, then this is the movie to see.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

When I see the reviews for this movie I honestly wonder if I saw the same movie they did. This was loads better than RotF. Heck, I'll even say it's better than the first one.

Seeing as this movie came out this week I'll hide the pro/cons in spoiler tags.
Hidden/Spoiler:
+ Designs. I know a lot of people hate the Bayformers, but the new designs for some of these guys are so realistic and cool. Shockwave is like if they combined Gears with Portal 2.

+ Action. You can actually see the robots fighting this time, and boy, do they do some damage.

+ Cast. Nimoy is an amazing actor when he's given the time to be one. I love how he switches from his William Bell (Fringe) style to his Galvatron (TF '86) style in such an abrupt way. Cullen continues to be a really powerful Prime, and thankfully, he's not stuck in speech mode like he has been for the past couple of years. Rosie was, surprisingly, a much better actor than the orange they had in the last two films. Also, hearing Tom Kenny say "ClusterPepper" is something we will probably never hear again. :P

+ Nods to older series. This plot was basically The Ultimate Doom from G1, but with people dieing. Megatron taking Lincoln's chair was something that made me happy and possibly have way too big of a smile. Prime getting his trailer, losing it, and actually having to go find it also had me laughing a little bit.

+ Prime's "We kill them all." A lot of people hate how "bloodthirsty" this Prime is, but let's (give me your) face it, there's no justice system left on Cybertron, the humans can't really do anything about Megatron as he's escaped their imprisonment before, and Megatron and Sentinel just killed thousands of innocent people. Prime knows what would happen if he let either of the two live.

+ Laserbeak. That is all.

+/- Soundtrack. Basically the same stuff as the first two, also has some obvious Inception ripoffs in tracks like "It's Our Fight," it is a pretty good rearrange though. Could have done without Linkin Park, but I've been at that stage since I escaped puberty.

- Editing. Dear lord this movie has bad pacing. We're given a history lesson, remixed with giant space robots, then flung into a romp (or should I say "rump") with Shia Bidoof and his new girlfriend as they meet while Shia breaks a lamp. That continues for a long time, then Laserbeak just sort of appears out of nowhere and it's all action again. They really could have trimmed some of that stuff down. Also, those fades to black during the destruction of Chicago? Whoever made those is a real fan of Porygon apparently.

- Plot. Twist wasn't really a twist, it was more of an "Oh. Okay." There's a difference between unexpected and wasn't even thinking about it because they really didn't even set up Sentinel to be a good guy very much yet. The plot itself is recycled from the G1 saga "The Ultimate Doom," so it's nothing we haven't seen before.

- Human characters that go nowhere. Alright, I'll admit the parents have grown on me a little bit, but John Malkovich, that woman in the government, and offensive Asian character #5 did nothing for me. I guess I just don't like Bay's comedy style.

Not really a minus but I really wish Evil McDreamy had been killed by Shockwave. Something like:
E McD: You said you were going to save me!
Shockwave: That would be...illogical. [fires]

Just so Shockwave has some of his old personality or lack thereof. At least he still can't shoot due to his lack of depth perception and is once again foiled by that lack.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Post by Nova Hawk »

Dude, I went to go see it last week with some friends and I gotta say its the best one so far. Its like boyhood heaven! I mean you've got Robots vs Robots/Humans then Robots vs Humans and the fun never stops. Really action-packed movie! Definitely a ton better then the second one. I would go see it again and again. Possibly my favorite movie of the summer next to Pirates 4. I have yet to see Cowboys & Aliens so I can't really decide which one is best.

All in all, a definite improvement from the first one. The only thing is when they did the whole battle thing at the end they only showed it at like one part of Washington D.C I thought even though this kind of thing was happening all over the world. But oh well, I can't complain. Yall should really go see it!

EDIT:
The only thing is (and sorry to get a little political here) I like it better when in movies & TV shows that whenever they mention the President of the United States that it would just be like the President or Mr. President and no specific names used like they unfortunately did in Transformers 3. Cuz I don't ever remember any other movie where they used the President's name during that time that they created the movie.