Battlefront: The Clone Wars (build 50411/1)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

SAMofBIA
Major General
Major General
Projects :: Nothing....nothing at all.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: WIP Star Wars: The Clone Wars Era [Update 6/22 p52]

Post by SAMofBIA »

Will the gigantic ion cannon function? it could be controlled by an easter egg area or something.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

SAMofBIA wrote:Will the gigantic ion cannon function? it could be controlled by an easter egg area or something.
Like I said, the battle is an embellishment of the fight between the 3 Venators and the malevolence. The venators didnt arrive until after Shadow Squadron destroyed the ion cannon.
JadenWolf32

Post by JadenWolf32 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
DarthEste01 wrote:unbelievable the malevolence!!!!!!!!!! :eek: is it as large as in the series? and,has it extended interiors?

It will be to 100% scale, but it will not have much interiors at all because of the max object/poly limit on a map.

The idea is to recreate and embellish the battle between the 3 Venators and The Malevolence.
The Malevolence will have 12 hangers, only 2 of which the player can use, the other 10 will have autopiloted Vultures and Hyenas.
<3!! Sweet Jesus is Magnificent!! :mrgreen: . What else are you planning for the Space part of the Mod?? Mayb a Way to destroy the enemy battleship? Anyway, may the force be with you!
DarthEste01
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 KotF

Post by DarthEste01 »

will you do the medical space station? if you won't it doesn't matter, i mean THE MALEVOLENCE!
and will the malevolence map have space assault? and will you know what have destroyable sistems?

sorry for too many questions :oops: but i've ever dreamed with have the malevolence in BF2 since i saw it's episode for the first time.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

To answer a few questions about the malevolence.

The only mode planned is space assault, but it will be more dogfight oriented and the only planned systems to destroy on the malevolence is Communications(there is more than 1 array needing to be destroyed, about 6 need to be destroyed), and life support.

A large part of the battle is the visual feel of a real star wars space battle, with the big cannons firing at the other ship. Each Venator has 8 dual turbo lasers firing nigh identical bolts like seen in the show, no big stock lasers anymore :D

The medical station will not be in the battle of the Malevolence, but it will be in my mod at some point, I already have the model.

I forgot one more thing, I am going to have a space battle with Juma 9 vs a CIS Fleet. Juma 9 is being modeled by me and the basic shape is almost done, I need to add detail and the interior.

Juma 9 is a space station that orbits Ryloth, put into place after Ryloth is liberated.
JadenWolf32

Post by JadenWolf32 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:

A large part of the battle is the visual feel of a real star wars space battle, with the big cannons firing at the other ship.
Finnaly someone has decided to make Space Battlçe better!! I mean Canons should be firing at cruiser not the starfighters! Can't wait to "take on a seat" of the Hyena Bomber!
212Trooper
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by 212Trooper »

Will there be a beta of any Space Battle Map that everyone can test? Like this Ryloth beta map...
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

212Trooper wrote:Will there be a beta of any Space Battle Map that everyone can test? Like this Ryloth beta map...
No, Yoda says.
212Trooper
Private
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by 212Trooper »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
212Trooper wrote:Will there be a beta of any Space Battle Map that everyone can test? Like this Ryloth beta map...
No, Yoda says.

D'oh! , Homer says. ^^
DarthEste01
Banned

Post by DarthEste01 »

i know i asked this before and that i'm annoying you to death so i promise this will be the last time ask something about the malevolence.

are you sure it will be 100% scale?,because it will be as long as 3 imp.star destroyers
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

DarthEste01 wrote:are you sure it will be 100% scale?,because it will be as long as 3 imp.star destroyers
100%.

Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

In case you don't know already, Warb_Null made a Sheathipede for EAW, its pretty detailed.
Don't suppose you've found a way around the starfighter/vehicle limit? Because if you haven't 12 hangars full of fighters will probably be a tad empty..... :(

Anyway best of luck WULFMAN and co. :)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Sky_216 wrote:In case you don't know already, Warb_Null made a Sheathipede for EAW, its pretty detailed.
Don't suppose you've found a way around the starfighter/vehicle limit? Because if you haven't 12 hangars full of fighters will probably be a tad empty..... :(

Yeah, I know about his model, I know about all his models.

What starfighter/vehicle limit are you talking about? I didnt know there was a limit?

Thanks for this wish of luck. :) :runaway:
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Sky_216 wrote:In case you don't know already, Warb_Null made a Sheathipede for EAW, its pretty detailed.
Yeah, I know about his model, I know about all his models.
What starfighter/vehicle limit are you talking about? I didnt know there was a limit?

Thanks for this wish of luck. :) :runaway:
Afaik max vehicles per map is 32, no matter what you to do to the 'entityhover' 'entityflyer' etc memory pools. You can force spawn them with the 'CreateEntity' command but they're buggy and autopiloted ones don't take off.

Someone correct me on this is if they know a workaround. :(

EDIT: actually just thought of one that might work, will PM you WULFMAN.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

Sky_216 wrote:Afaik max vehicles per map is 32, no matter what you to do to the 'entityhover' 'entityflyer' etc memory pools. You can force spawn them with the 'CreateEntity' command but they're buggy and autopiloted ones don't take off.
Well, Battle Arena 2.0 has a chess set, already bringing the count to 32 and then there's the scooters and boats. Of course since they don't have weapons it's hard to tell and as recall the board can be reset, though how it is done I do not know.
commandoCC-9811
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: Games. Mostly games.

Post by commandoCC-9811 »

yeah, my mind was just blown away at the items in the list...

I mean, it seems to me that your making maps for ALL of the Clone Wars episodes!!
I originally thought it was like only some of it, but this now goes against my hypothesis of that thought and seems to prove it wrong by showing another....

sorry, got carried away there in the excitement and the adrenaline that's trying to get me to play SWBF2 all over again...

(BTW, Awesome list! Mostly because of the things to make, not the list itself, but you get the point :))
DarthEste01
Banned

Post by DarthEste01 »

hey WULFMAN if you added the ultra droideka,could you add the ultra battle droid ?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

DarthEste01 wrote:hey WULFMAN if you added the ultra droideka,could you add the ultra battle droid ?

Too late, already done. Although it doesn't look/act like the same B3 you will see on Wookiepedia
DarthEste01
Banned

Post by DarthEste01 »

what do you mean by ``it will not act´´ like the one in wookiepedia
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

DarthEste01 wrote:what do you mean by ``it will not act´´ like the one in wookiepedia

The Wookiepedia one has more weapons then I can put on mine because I don't have the right model. Mine does have the blasters and flame thrower, but I can't have the missles, at least not the same way. It is also gold, instead of green.