RUSH

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

RUSH

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Anyone here a fan of (the rock band) RUSH? Statistically its impossible that I am the only fan here. RUSH is considered to be the biggest cult band out there. One thing I know for sure about RUSH, people either love them or hate them. Its oddly black and white, either they are the best Rock band ever, or the worst. Its rather odd. :lol:
1FGR1NightGhost
Don't feed the troll (that's me)
Projects :: Bornesia Kastarian Docks
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: RUSH

Post by 1FGR1NightGhost »

idk, ive never even heard of them.

And i think it can be statisticly possible, cus i think i am the only Rebelution fan here, lol
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Sure, I've heard of RUSH. The "Working Man" RUSH, right?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

My father owns every record, CD, and single that Rush has ever released. I grew up listening to the Moving Pictures album (Red Barchetta being my favorite at the time), and after a while, I started liking them more and more, so I expanded my listening horizons.

Dad's favorite is Working Man, but I'm rather fond of their two newest ones they released as singles from their upcoming album, Caravan and BU2B.
Of course, with the way my tastes in music goes, my favorite songs change every few months. A while ago it was Spirit of the Radio and before that, Tom Sawyer.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Grev and Twilight (and his dad) are awesome! :)

Yeah, I like every album except their very first one (without Niel Peart as their drummer). My dad is a big fan too, got me into it. We go and see them in concert every time they come to Columbus. Last time I got to hear Caravan and BU2B, very cool stuff.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Never heard of them.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Hebes24 »

I've heard of them, and I've heard they're quite good. I need to get around listening to their stuff.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

You are very wrong with your statistics. I LOVE Rush, I have a few songs, but I still like them. I even went to a concert last year in August.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Wonderboy wrote:You are very wrong with your statistics.

I feel like there was a sentence after that you forgot explaining what you meant. :? :P
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Minecraft

Post by Snork »

1FGR1NightGhost wrote:idk, ive never even heard of them.

And i think it can be statisticly possible, cus i think i am the only Rebelution fan here, lol
I love Rebelution and Rush :)

Saw them in 2007 or something at Jones Beach. My 2nd concert ever. Pretty much all I listened to for all of 7th grade was Rush and Syd Barrett. Goood times.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

I've heard of them and heard them, not a big fan...they're the progressive rock/heavy metal band that progsters don't want to call progressive rock and metalheads don't want to call heavy metal.
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Snork »

They're like prog stadium rock haha. They have a niche more than a genre. Unfortunately their new albums are terrible.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote:they're the progressive rock/heavy metal band that progsters don't want to call progressive rock and metalheads don't want to call heavy metal.

I concur :plokoon:
I am not going to argue with that, sounds about right. Even RUSH fans don't know what to call them. One of the thing about diehard RUSH fans is we don't care if you hate RUSH, its like, whatever man. We like it and thats all that matters. Man.

I was curious what people on GT thought on RUSH, and I have gotten some interesting thoughts. Thank you everyone for letting me know what you think, except you Cerfon Rournes, fail post is fail. :P

Edit- New rank, I lvled up :mrgreen:
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Yyz has continued to be the best drum solo song for twenty years, while the song Tom Sawyer will always rule amongst any true rock fans ...both are on YouTube and it's easy to see how rush is the legend in music they are, they have literally inspired the existence of bands like primus and others
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I couldn't agree more, YYZ is one of my favorites, I happen to be listening to Limelight, the next song on the album and maybe my favorite on the album. I know no one but my dad will agree with me, but I think Niel Peart is the best drummer of all time, but thats just me(and my dad). My friend TheDuke himself thinks Niel is one of the best for sure.

One thing though, my dad and I perfer the way Geddy sings now, compared to back when they did Moving Pictures. Not that we don't like classic RUSH, we like it all, but we think his voice sounds better when he doesnt get that high like he used to.

RUSH is one of those great bands that have not been inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Stupid rolling stone. :roll:
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Snork »

I used to think Neil Peart was the best drummer ever, then I discovered Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Nah, that would be John Bonham.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

there will be tons of new cowboys trying to outshoot and become the next big thing , gimmicks, more drums, faster, its all fog compared to being the leader, innovator, creater of a playstyle and genre, being the father of drumming , literal inspiration and reason for interest to drumming for centuries...has its honors and no tween music will ever get close.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

guru wrote:there will be tons of new cowboys trying to outshoot and become the next big thing , gimmicks, more drums, faster, its all fog compared to being the leader, innovator, creater of a playstyle and genre, being the father of drumming , literal inspiration and reason for interest to drumming for centuries...has its honors and no tween music will ever get close.

Can't really argue with that.

Everyone will have their own favorite drummers, and herald them as "best", when you can't determine who is really the best at all.

One thing is for sure though, Niel Peart is one of the most talented drummers out there. He has always sought to improve himself, and I like that.

I think it would be fair to say that RUSH may be the 3rd "best" rock band, behind the Beatles and The Rolling Stones, at least if you go by sales alone. But in the end its personal preference.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:I think it would be fair to say that RUSH may be the 3rd "best" rock band, behind the Beatles and The Rolling Stones, at least if you go by sales alone.
Source? I'm sorry, I love Rush, but I can't bring myself to believe that they are the 3rd best "top sales" rock band of history without legitimate data.