Battlefield 3 Discussion [Finally RELEASED!]

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Re: Finally, Battlefield 3

Post by Jendo7 »

The campaign looks really good, especially the tank, and jet missions :P

...and those graphics :shock:
VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Projects :: Various Stuff- Weapon models. UDK Stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Fallout New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Vintage Tagious

Post by VF501 »

As much as I'm psyched for BF3 and can't wait to play it (even have the release day off from work :D). I hate origin. As a game service client it sucks. Seriously EA.

Download was at 65% and dropped to 40% then 35% all of a sudden.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Haha oh EA. I don't know what they were thinking with Origins. Oh well...

Here are two reviews.

IGN
Gametrailers
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

I killed a rat... I did not want to, but I had no choice. I do not know if Ill be able to sleep well again, ever.
Just played a bit of the campaign... Well, it has some nice sections(TANKS), infantry stuff isnt anything special story-wise. Shooting/moving etc still feels great though.

Origin fails BTW. It cant even install from a disk.

We should totally get like 10 GT people together one day and have some nice matches. :)
VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Battlefield 3 Discussion [Finally RELEASED!]

Post by VF501 »

Campaign was a bit short. Took barely 4hr30min to complete on Normal, even though I died about 15 times total. Allot of the scripted parts and QTEs are purely annoying. Not even CoD is scripted that heavily and that linear.

Played about 3 hours of MP so far. Liking it allot, just need to get used to it now and improve to the point where I can work objectives and maintain good SPM and KDR. I do feel though that ticket bleed in conquest is abit too fast compared to BFBC2. 300 ticket games barely last 20-30min some times.

It is a bit jarring to lose C4 on recon. Too used to having it on from BFBC2 so I ran up to a tank a few times and died :P. Makes the engineer more useful against vehicles though. M249 SAW is way too good though, slap a Grip and Supressor on it and its beast at CQC. Saw a bunch of higher level people just running around with that racking up kills.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I don't know why EA gives us TWO discs and makes us download too. Like what the hell. Oh well. I got like 4 hours in on multiplayer. SO much fun. I feel like they make the jets and helis hard to pilot compared to beta.

Haven't touched the other modes yet.

And yes, we should get a group together. Although I think parties have a max of 8.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

Wanted to buy it today. So I went to the store just to see that they don't sell it.
And they don't sell it because they don't have any BF3s in their storage room anymore,
they don't sell it because they have not ordered the game yet, even if there's a big sign at the entrance making advertisement for it. At first I was like o_O but then I was like FFFFFF...
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

Bought it earlier today, can't wait to check it out!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Really important here guys --- Make absolutely sure your EA account has a different password than your Xbox Live account does. You probably know about the accounts that are getting hacked for FIFA 11/12 stuff -- well my site staff also has been hacked playing BF3, another EA game, as well as a few other EA titles. It's possible EA's database has been compromised. They would likely store your EA username, your EA password, and your gamertag. So if someone tries your EA password on your gamertag and they match -- blammo. Your account is compromised. I'm not writing this as a joke, either. This is a real issue that's creeping up. If you play a newer (read: last two years) EA account on Xbox Live be sure your passwords don't match.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It also seems they're only targeting people who have a credit card attached or have a lot of MS points saved up.

Fortunately, my card expired and I only have about 220 points. I have no idea what I put in as my password for the EA account but I know at the time of making the EA account (LotR Conquest) I didn't know my Live password either, so I don't think they match. I'm still expecting it to happen any day now, though. :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, it sucks. Also, not trying to be a smart alec, but I'm really glad I'm not into any EA games at the moment. The only two I play are Need for Speed: World (PC exclusive) and NBA Jam (but I don't connect to EA servers).
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Thanks for the heads up Tean. I'm on PC so I ain't scared.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Wonder if the hackers are remnants of the Sony hackers...
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm thinking it has something to do with the breach they had on some of the old EA message boards back during that month when everything was getting SQL injections.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Awesome :D I think/hope they will be much better than the original BF3 maps... currently I really dislike 5 of the 9 maps.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

I think I have found the nearly perfect formula for Damavand Peak CQ... For infantry fighting damavand is pretty...bad(CQ at least) but since I found those positions its usually some easy points. :D There is one position for each side where you are nearly indestructible if your team doesnt get completely overrun. Might be nothing new for frequent players but for new ones this info could come in handy. ;)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Both points are next to the flag in the tunnels(I believe C). For RU its the left tunnel from the base, if its just infantry, position yourself right in the middle of the tunnel and hide outside/behind the truck when youre damaged(you usually wont get damaged that much as the distance is quite high and most pioneers only shoot when theyre close...or miss). When you meet an enemy tank I usually position myself in a 90° angle to the tunnel so I can hide behind the truck. When you know theres a tank coming you can wait until his "nose" appears from behind the containers then hit him once, hide, wait until he shoots at the infantry(because he either didnt see you/thinks it was a RPG or just wants to fire at all the infantry) then drive out of your cover and finish him(you need ca 3 shots to disable/4 to destroy; so he can usually fire 1-2 shots, then hes gone). And to support my strategy:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 193763404/
It somehow isnt displayed but I had 25 kills with the russian tank(in one life, then the round was over; if you look on the right Ive got 3593 Vehicle score).

US is even easier, position yourself next to (most likely)C, in the right tunnel from your base, behind the big yellow mining-truck-thingy. On the trucks right there are some pipes and to the pipes right is a big wall => awesome cover, the enemy tank/pioneer has to shoot over the pipes and between the wall and the truck. When the enemy tank hits you the first time you usually hit him 1-3 times, and thats just when he sees you right when he drives into the tunnels.
Enemy cars and those water-tank things are easy points, cars take 1-2 hits, water-tanks 2 or so and they cant hurt you.
I sadly cant access my older battle reports but I had 22-0 once which was pretty nice...
I love tanks.
VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by VF501 »

Conversely if you are on Damavand CQ and your team is losing, with no hope of winning (pushed back out of tunnel, down by 100+ tickets or worse). Find a spot mid way up the height of the tunnel (like the sand mounds on the RU side). Use the SV98 with a 12x Scope and rack up the headshots on people camping down in the tunnel. Sometimes no matter how much you try to push and help the team, the team just fails anyways, :(. So best thing to do is up your score at least, somehow.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

If you need to grind up any of your classes, a relatively quick way is on the server Metro Meatgrinder. It's rage-inducing and isn't the most fun thing ever, but it's fast enough. In case you're wondering, it's a 64-player Operation Metro conquest server.
Also, is it just me, or is the bullet drop increased a ton from BC2? I can't snipe at all.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Ha. I call Operation Metro Conquest, Operation Cluster Muk. If you know what I mean. I love it. Be medic and easy way to get MVP. Russians I feel have a slight advantage.