Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Squoobus
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

A prequel to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and just about every other main series game, set to be released sometime this year, no real confirmed date, but likely Christmas time. We've talked about it here and there, but it deserves it's own thread. All in all, looks very promising. Much more refined Wii controls, instead of the "tacked-on" controls of Twilight Princess, and a realisticly-proportioned but cel-shaded style, similar to Wind Waker. I'm pretty pumped, how about you?
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Post by RED51 »

The main villain looks like a villain side kick... he must be pretty bad@ss to go about looking like that. Man, I look forward for duels with Darknuts...
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

My username is derived from Twilight Princess. My avatar has been some sort of Skyward Sword concept art for about two years. I've been following this game since before it was officially announced. So to answer your silly question...

OF COURSE I'M FRIKIN EXCITED!
Hidden/Spoiler:
:D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:OF COURSE I'M FRIKIN EXCITED!
:eek: I never saw that coming!

Ontopic: Yes, it looks awesome. :P
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

could be fun.

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I've always loved the console zelda games. I've never actually beaten OoT, I dunno why, but I've beaten Majora's Mask and it was amazing, then I beat Windwaker 3 times. I loved windwaker, and to see that they're using a windwaker art style makes me excited. I'm not sure I'd like seeing the wiimote on the screen all the time, hopefully that's just for demo purposes.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

One of the producers has stated that the graphics style is a homage to Impressionist works. Seeing how that's my favorite type of art work, and the fact it gives backstory to OoT, I'm especially excited for this game.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

I just remembered something that could ruin the game if it appears;
Hidden/Spoiler:
TINGLE
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:I just remembered something that could ruin the game if it appears;
Hidden/Spoiler:
TINGLE
You mean MAKE the game?
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Darth_Squoobus wrote:I just remembered something that could ruin the game if it appears;
Hidden/Spoiler:
TINGLE
You mean MAKE the game?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sorry Link, if you want this plot device of little consequence, you must pay 2000 rupees! Tingle Tingle Kooloo Limpah!
All joking aside, I doubt he'll appear actually. He's as likely to appear as Skull Kid.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
TINGLE
You mean MAKE the game?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sorry Link, if you want this plot device of little consequence, you must pay 2000 rupees! Tingle Tingle Kooloo Limpah!
All joking aside, I doubt he'll appear actually. He's as likely to appear as Skull Kid.
TBH I enjoy Tingle. What a G.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Almost a week left! :runaway: Glad to once again see the main title actually have more relevance to the game!
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

My younger brother was able to convince my parents to pre-order it. Seeing how I'm currently in college, I'll probably only get to play it over Thanksgiving Break before winter session kicks in.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

This.Game.Is.Amazing.
The new sword mechanics is very fun! The combat has become very dynamic and I don't think it'll get boring anytime soon. I'm currently at the second dungeon.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The duel Ghiraham was amazing, which caught me VERY off guard. His personality really surprised me. I thought he was going to be something like Kefka, but so far, he isn't messing around or throwing crack jokes all over.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

That's exciting to hear. I'm going to have to wait to get it for now. I don't have the time for a zelda game at the moment. But glad to see you're enjoying it.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I'm going to try to play as much of it as I can over Thanksgiving Break. After OoT, it's my favorite one so far. :D
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

So far so good. The enemies is this game are much harder to defeat than in the past. Skulltulas are the worst.

And what is it with transvestite villains in video games? It's kind of a cliche, now.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I believe Ghiraham's... looks were meant to bring a thought like that...
Skulltulas are a pain in the @$$ at first, but once you get the dungeon's item, they become child's play.

I just reach that good'ol 3/6 section. I got a taste of the Silence Realm today.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Guardians are scary as heck! I wasn't expecting them to be so fast! I only failed once, but I get the feeling that there is pretty much no stealth at all in these sections. It was nice of the devs to mark any tears that were collected on the last try though.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Major Glitch!

Post by RED51 »

Warning!

There have been several reports of a game ending glitch, that I have been an unfortunate victim of.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The glitch is somehow triggered during the part where you must speak with the three dragons to learn the missing parts of the Song of Heroes. During this part, you are free to seek out each dragon in what ever order you choose. However, a the glitch occurs if you do them in a specific order. Unfortunately, no one knows the exact order that triggers this. For me, I went to the Thunder Dragon first, then the Fire Dragon. Now usually, when you return to the sealed grounds, you would have to speak with Groose to trigger a cut scene, but speaking with him(or the old lady) does not do anything. The event that triggers reopens the Faron Woods, which you couldn't enter until you complete the event after the cut scene. I have read that people did this order and suffered the same fate, but others said nothing bad happened. There have been other claims on the order, with people saying they encounter this after doing Fire and Thunder. There have even been cases where the events at Eldin volcano didn't trigger. I'm don't know what Nintendo's response is, but I hear that people must send in their copies to get fixed... long story short, make a copy of your save before doing any of these parts... :(
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

The glitch has been confirmed by Nintendo to be caused by talking to Golo (a Goron) in Lanayru Desert before completing the two other parts of the branching quest but after finishing a quest for a plot relevant character (you'll know who it is when you get there).

Avoid speaking to him and continue on with the other parts of the branching quest if you accidentally start in Lanayru Desert. If you haven't gotten to this quest yet, save Lanayru for last to avoid this altogether when you do get there.

It is likely that the 1.1 print of the game will not have this problem. If you happen to get the game and see this message next year, your game probably has been fixed and you shouldn't worry about it. It's such a shame that Nintendo can't patch games via WiFi yet. Hopefully that changes with the Wii U.