The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Lozza »

Am I the only one that plays in 3rd person? I love looking at the armour and weapons I find.

The two best armours and weapons so far - Nightingale Armour and Ancient Nord Armour - Ebony Sword and Nightingale Bow.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Lozza wrote:Am I the only one that plays in 3rd person? I love looking at the armour and weapons I find.

I use 3rd person often, just not in combat usually. I use 3rd person when trying out new stuff on, since I can view the changes happen instantly (hint hint). :wink:

I knew it had to happen eventually. I fought my first dual dragon battle today.
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you can see, the dragon on the right refused to burn up and give me it's soul. Second time that glitch has happened. I really don't care at the end of the day. I still get the bones and scales. :P

Level 24 now, really getting into the thick of it now. I'm enrolled in the Mage's College, a member of the Companions, did the Greybeard stuff, taken over a couple Imperial forts(the fight for Fort Sungrad was pretty epic).

Long story short, I LOVE THIS GAME. :runaway:
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I'm such a slacker I've beat two quests and still killing my second dragon on main quest but I am level 22 heh. That stupid hack the grey beard cheat is just wrong
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Lozza wrote:The two best armours and weapons so far - Nightingale Armour and Ancient Nord Armour - Ebony Sword and Nightingale Bow.
If you're talking about appearance, I disagree. Nightingale armor looks sick, yes, but Dragonscale and plain old leather armor look amazing IMO, and the best looking weapons in the game are the deadric ones in each class, followed by glass. Also, curved swords. Curved. Swords.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

i use third person usually when im traveling love to look at all the details and stuff
also pic of a thug that tried to attack me at 2:35 am
Hidden/Spoiler:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Also, curved swords. Curved. Swords.
I used to be amazed by curved swords, but then I took an arrow in the knee.
~~~~

@acryptozoo

Nice one.
~~~~

My new desktop. I've decided to finally wear some heavy armor. Most of the armor just didn't fit my character, but the Steel Plate armor (improved to "Epic" level) suits me.
Hidden/Spoiler:
A pic I took a few ingame hours earlier. A bunch of Stormcloaks amazed at my most recent dragon kill/dragon soul absorption.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

So this is the game where that meme came from...
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Punching two snow sabre cats to death with my bare hands at lvl 9 is so very completely magnificently satisfying...
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Punching two snow sabre cats to death with my bare hands at lvl 9 is so very completely magnificently satisfying...
:funny2:

Level 38 now. I used the console to make my wife into a follower, essential, confident, with about the same skills as me. It's pretty fun to have a competent follower for a change. With her being essential, I don't ever have to worry about her dying thanks to stepping on a trap I clearly avoided. Oh, and ~ tm turns the HUD off, great for taking screenshots, I only just found out about that one. The second screenshot takes advantage of that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
I use a Skyforge Steel Sword, and with level 100 smithing I can improve it to Legendary level. I added a weak fire enchantment to it. I usually hate enchanting, it's always weird to me, but I decided to have a change. Ysolda uses a Legendary Ebony Sword I made, with a weak shock enchantment. It's slightly better than my sword, but her sword skills aren't as good as mine, so it evens out.

I love how the game makes you feel like no matter which side you choose, Empire or Stormcloaks, it makes you feel like you made the right choice. Both have good and bad things in them, it's not black and white. I felt the mage quests went by too quickly. I saved the college sure, but why does that make me capable of running a college as Arch-Mage? Oh, and I'm a Werewolf too, and it is FUN. Why would I, THEWULFMAN, like being a Werewolf? I have no idea.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

Is it normal in this game that you easily kick a dragon's butt, but get overruled by a bunch of bandits??? Happens a lot to me...
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Bob wrote:Is it normal in this game that you easily kick a dragon's butt, but get overruled by a bunch of bandits??? Happens a lot to me...

You're a Dovahkiin, not Banditkillikin. Killing dragons comes easy to a Dovahkiin, but other fights may not be as easy.

Level 43 now. I love this game, so Diet Dr. Pepper much. I haven't even done any of the main questline quests in awhile, just because I'm so busy doing other things. I will get to it eventually.

There's this guy in Windhelm, total jerk. I wanted to kill him, but he essential even though he's not important to any quest or faction. So using console codes, I made him non-essential and assassinated him.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh, and here's me and my wife fighting a dragon.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I edited her stats to be almost as powerful as me. She can hold her own pretty well.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Just started playing a week ago and am nearly at level 20. Got quite far in to the main quest and have killed several dragons. I'm just amazed at how beautiful the world is and have just been travelling on my horse and looking at the scenery more than anything else.

I get a feeling I'm going to be addicted to this game more than I was with Oblivion.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

If you didnt get it yet, get it now. Its 33% off on Steam right now(33,49€).
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

*David Attenborough voice*
see here as we watch the wild skyrim salmon traverse the frigid waterways
bears usually camp here but i killed them
Hidden/Spoiler:
skyrim is so pretty :runaway:
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Any word or update on the multiplayer mod(s) in the works for it? I'll be more interested in the game when that happens.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

Now lvl 30 and joined the Dark Brotherhood :yes:
Hidden/Spoiler:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Moving_Target wrote:Any word or update on the multiplayer mod(s) in the works for it? I'll be more interested in the game when that happens.

Skyrim Online is still in the alpha stage, it looks like it will be a little longer before it has full function. I'm waiting to test it out until it's in a beta stage.

Speaking of mods, everyone be sure to check out the Skyrim Mod Showcase thread. :wink:
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Caleb1117 »

Anyone else tried the new Steam Workshop? Steam is now linking to community made mods, allowing you to subscribe to mods, and get automatic updates for them as they come out.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Yeah, I've subscribed to a few mods already and it seems to work nicely. The Nexus still seems to be the main mods page though...