Spike VGAs

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Spike VGAs

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Fusion wrote: I'm still interested to see if this is when Spark Unlimited's publisher will allow them to reveal their project that has been, "the best on all fronts." This seems like a good time to reveal whatever it is, as they were only allowed to reveal it in, "a time or place that could be close or far, far away."

Not that I'm insinuating anything there. No, seriously, it could be a complete coincidence. Don't bring any speculation in here please.
I am also interested in to what Spark Is working on. :? I don't think it will be announced at the VGAs, because they said on twitter a little while ago..
we have been recruitingly heavily for ue3 experience. No word on the reveal date other than probably 2012.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

So happy that Skyrim got GOTY <3
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Waste of time again. I don't agree with Skyrim getting GotY, seeing as it's currently unplayable on the PS3 and annoying to play past 20 hours on the 360 due to gross incompetence with the way the engine saves.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

I'm severely disappointed that Bioware's "new project" is a continuation of Command and Conquer. It looks great, and I'll probably get it, I guess I was just expecting something totally new and out there...
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Game I like didn't get the award that I wanted it to get.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

VGAs slightly redeemed.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I was waiting for the .gif to happen.

Although the VGAs were a mess, I'm actually muy excited for 2012. There are a few games that look like really good, for several reasons:

- Rainbow 6: Patriots, looks like it might be an insightful, thought provoking game about the state of the United States, the economy, and Occupy Wall Street. Also, I don't mean to inject politics into this, but it was interesting to me that the trailer didn't go with the stereotypical fat-cat business man, but instead had someone who looked a tad like Ron Paul. If this game manages to somehow comment on the elections in the United States, that'll be pretty slick on its part.

- Spec Ops: The Line is apparently a game conceptually resembling Heart of Darkness, with sand game mechanics. For one, I'm excited that it's not set in New York. I'm also excited with how sand plays into the game. For all the desert stages in video games over the years, I've never seen games develop that idea too much, and a game that introduces a new game mechanic element along with an interesting, well thought out, and thought provoking story is a win in my mind.

- Bioshock: Infinite has Ken Levine at the helm. I have no doubt in my mind that among all the other games that might be thought provoking, this one definitely will be. Color me excited.

- Transformers: Fall of Cyberton - I LOVED War for Cybertron, so if this game can become the Arkham Asylum, or better yet, the Arkham City of Transformers, I'll be amazed. If they can pack the lore that wasn't fully explored in WfC into FoC, and do it in a manner that's interesting to newcomers and to Gen 1 people alike (which sounds VERY tough), it'll be amazing. Even if it slightly improves on WfC's shortcomings, it'll be very good.

- Fortnite - When "Cliffy B" was announcing Fortnite, I heard the description and came to the conclusion that he was announcing Minecraft as a contender for some award. Nope. At first I didn't like the idea, but I'm actually very excited over the idea of a big developer expanding on a genre created, to a degree, or at least popularized by Minecraft. The way I see it, if this game is successful, Minecraft's genre (whatever you'd call it), will blossom into something more expansive, and since it's such an unexplored area in terms of games, there'd be lots of new ideas thrown in and explored, making for a richer game landscape. If it fails, Minecraft's genre, at the most extreme level at least, ends with Minecraft.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Honestly, that was probably one of the best VGA's. Yes they cut to commercial alot, but they just went award, premiere, premiere, premiere, odd thing with Miss Day, premiere, character, premiere, character, something else, then GOTY.

I was shocked Portal 2 swept alot and annoyed Skyrim got GOTY, but life goes on. Last of Us looks interesting and I'm excited for Patriots. Super excited to learn more about Fortnite and yes Grev it sounded like Minecraft at first.

Biggest shock? Shiggy. I did not EVER think he'd be there. Really cool seeing him and the audience rocking it to the Black Keys too.

Sad no Valve announcement though. Conspiracy is it got cut with Kojima's sorry speech.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Somehow I managed to miss them for the most part, but I was happy to learn that Skyrim won GotY and Best RPG and that Bethesda won best studio, but it just goes to show these people still don't know what they're talking about when MW2 won best shooter again and that they didn't nominate BF3 for best graphics. I didn't see any premieres except ME3's, which looked absolutely amazing, and the MGS:Rising one, which I'm not even remotely excited for.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I love Skyrim and Portal 2 so much, I didn't care too much which won. Same goes for Bethesda and Valve. They really are my favorite studios. At the end of the day, I think Valve is better for one reason, they don't release a game until it in 99% bug free. Skyrim is the best RPG ever, but is buggy. None of the bugs have broken anything for me on the PC. I've actually enjoyed a lot of the visual bugs. My favorite being the Giant Axe's floating up into space.

I was happy with Uncharted 3 winning best PS3 game of the year. It was probably the 3rd best game of the year.

I'm happy with Arkham winning best Action Adventure and best 360 game. Probably 4th best game of the year.

I'm happy with Skyward Sword winning best Wii game. I've been told it's the best Zelda game in a long time.

I'm pissed that MW3 won best shooter over BF3. 'Nuff said.

'Want You Gone' didn't win Song of the Year? :runaway: Ugh. Well, to be honest my pick for best song in Portal 2 would be 'Cara Mia'(Turret Opera), with 'Want You Gone' being a close second. Still, it's still... UGH! :runaway: At least Ellen won best voice actress.

Portal 2 didn't win best Original Score?! Diet Dr. Pepper Diet Dr. Pepper Diet Dr. Pepper! Ugh.

I'm fine with Uncharted 3 winning best graphics, the crime is BF3 not even being nominated.

That's my rundown of my opinion.