White Border Around Docks? [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

White Border Around Docks? [Solved]

Post by fasty »

Hey me and some people have been playing Kashyyyk Docks and two guys see this white border around the docks. What is that? It's not on my screen, I don't see it at all.
Hidden/Spoiler:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: White Border Around Docks?

Post by AQT »

That only appears, for me at least, with either lighting or shadows set to high; I forget which one it was exactly. The white border is probably just a bug with using those SWBF1 models in SWBF2, though I'm not really sure. I don't know about the bridge model, but if you are looking to fix the platform, just use the SWBF2 version of the platform model. I believe the two versions share the same UV, with transparency already pre-enabled.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

Well thanks for that information. I suppose this is a lighting problem too. All the poles looked brown to me, but black to him.
Hidden/Spoiler:
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

hmm, that is probably a vertexcolorissue. does it have a msh.option with "-vertexlighting" in it? if it has, try remove it, if it doesnt, add it and see if that changes anything.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

AQT wrote:That only appears, for me at least, with either lighting or shadows set to high; I forget which one it was exactly.
It was the lighting on high. This problem is caused by using a bump map enabled via the .msh.option file while using hard edge transparency at the same time.