Bastion?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Bastion?

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

It's on sale on Steam (though, technically, it's not a "Steam-exclusive" game, so I put it here), and I'm debating on getting it.
Extra Credits recommended it in one of their "Games You Might Not Have Heard of" segments, and it did intrigue me, but perhaps there's a GTer out there who can give me a more thorough recommendation, pros and cons and all that.

I do have a compulsion to buy games simply because I have a vague interest, and they are on sale, but I'm trying to curb this habit. So a second opinion would be kinda nice.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Bastion?

Post by Nihillo »

Bit of a late reply, I don't know if you have already made your decision, but I definitely recommend Bastion. It's a very well designed game, both the voice acting and the soundtrack are awesome, and it has a captivating story. I would go as far as to say it's one of my favorite games to have come out this year.

My main criticism with Bastion is that there are too many weapons for far too few levels, as soon as you start to familiarize yourself with something, you are given a new weapon that practically replaces the one you were using before.

You should give it a try, anyway.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Alright, I'll have to see if it's on sale again at Christmas. Thanks, Nihillo
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

It's fun, but if it didn't have the narrator it wouldn't be as great as it is. I dunno - I'm sorta over all the hype it's gotten (for a downloadable title, that is).