ManaCraft [WIP] v1.0.0

Modding , share your ideas for a mod, link to your mod, this is a forum devoted to those who want to mod , offer mods or learn to mod Minecraft!

Moderator: Moderators

Arcane spells that consume multiple elements?

I'll post about it!
100%
Oh yeah!
No votes
No way!
No votes

Total votes: 1
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

ManaCraft [WIP] v1.0.0

Post by CressAlbane »

Ok. This is a total revamp of my OP. Here we go!
--------------------------------------------------
Hello, and welcome! I've been making a mod for Minecraft with two purposes in mind:
1)Add more reward to the Nether
2)Add magic spells
To meet these two goals, I created...
MANACRAFT
Because all mod names must end in "-Craft."

Manacraft will introduce several benefits to exploring and reaching the Nether. The first is...
NETHERRACK GEAR
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
Netherrack armor is crafted from the sturdy Nether Brick. It's a good armor for exploring in the Nether becuase you can obtain it easily: 9 Netherrack in the crafting grid now gives you 2 Nether Brick. This translates to a little less than two stacks of netherrack for a set of armor. However, this easy-to-obtain armor also runs out quickly: it's durability is lower than that of gold.

Netherrack tools are crafted like any other tools, except with Netherrack. These tools, like their armor counterparts, are highly effective but have low durability. They also have great enchantability stats. (planned)The sword has a feature that allows players to ignite blocks by right-clicking, but at the expense of a large chunk of the durability. These tools break quickly, but if you're in the Nether you can just as easily make more. The Netherrack sword has the highest damage amount of any sword, but it also breaks very quickly. Is it worth sacrificing damage for inventory space? You decide.

Here are some planned additions for the Nether:
-Another use for Soul Sand
-Another use for Gold Nuggets
-Another use for Ghast Tears
-An element of mana found only in the Nether

Manacraft also adds a system of casting magical spells to the game. Of course, there has to be a cost for magic...
MANA
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Mana comes from the world around you. This latent magic is usually invisible, but now you can harvest it with the MANA CATCHER! Crafted with simple wood, sticks, cloth, and string, this magical focus allows you to reap mana from the blocks of Minecraft.
If you have a Mana Catcher with you, every time you break a block, mana could be released! You can even extract mana from fluid sources with the Mana Catcher. Different blocks will give you different types of mana. The list is as follows:

-EARTH MANA: grass and smooth stone

-FIRE MANA: netherrack, nether brick, lava

-WATER MANA: water, ice

-AIR MANA: leaves, wood, tall grass

-THUNDER MANA: (planned)Use the Mana catcher on mobs to siphon some life into Mana.

Mana stacks up to 128, so it's easy to carry around a lot at once.

Once you've obtained some mana, you'll need a way to craft the spells...
RODS, BOOKS, AND SPELL FOCI
Hidden/Spoiler:
Or is it focuses? Anyway...ImageImageImageImage
To cast spells, you'll need an instrument. Rods, books, and foci fit the bill. These seemingly-simple tools will be the key to a world of magic. Craft an element of mana with your rod, book, or focus to obtain a powered one. Each one of the tools can cast 5 different spells: one for each of the elements. Crafting your tool with an element of mana energizes it to cast that element of spell.
Rods cast mainly offensive attack spells.
Books cast mainly support trap spells.
Foci cast mainly defensive buff spells.
With a rod, book, or focus at your side, you've tapped into the magic around you!

Here are the spells that you can cast.
BLAZE BALL

Cast with Fire Rod. Cost 2.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
This hot weapon packs a hidden punch: the ability to set distant squares on fire! This spell has one of the shortest cast delays, so it can easily be used to bombard mobs. The spirit of the Blaze mob is invoked even as these Fire Balls burst; each time you hit a target a Blaze's cry is heard.

THUNDER STRIKE
Cast with Thunder Rod. Cost 5.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
This projectile spell harnesses one of Minecraft's most feared elements: Lightning. When it hits a block or mob, a lightning bolt is called down! Don't worry, it'll even work uderground. Your magical lightning has an impressive radius. Don't worry, though; the spell can't start fires and *won't* create Powered Creepers.

BLIZZARD BLAST
Cast with Water Rod. Cost 3.
Hidden/Spoiler:

This chilling spell lives up to its name: It can generate ice barriers! Casting one of these will create small crystal of ice where it lands. The Blizzard Blast is best used as a tactical weapon; although its damage is high, it's difficult to get in successive hits. However, using the spell to block cave passageways or create makeshift bridges will bring out the true potential.

IMPACT STRIKE
Cast with Earth Rod. Cost 1.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This spell harnesses the earth element and launches muddy projectiles for a decent damage and knockback. While it deals only a small amount of damage, it has the smallest mana cost and recharge time of any spell. It will also deal double damage to Zombies.

AIR OFFENSE SPELL
Under construction.

BURNOUT
Cast with Fire Focus. Cost 15.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
Burnout amplifies your attack power - at a price. This spell will give you great strength and drain your Hunger bar. It's a good choice if you're being swarmed by mobs, so you might want to prepare it if you're headed into a tight area.

THUNDER DEFENSE SPELL
Under construction.

OCEAN'S EMBRACE
Cast with Water Focus. Cost 9.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This spell harnesses the healing power of water to restore 3.5 hearts. Because water mana is the easiest to obtain, this spell is a reliable healing method.

PICKAXE LORE
Cast with Earth Focus. Cost 10.
Hidden/Spoiler:
With the Earth element spell focus, you can increase your mining speed. You'll want to cast this spell over and over again, and because you obtain Earth mana while mining, you can!

WIND RIDER
Cast with Air Focus. Cost 8.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
What a rush! Wind Rider flings you into the skies, allowing you to ascend even the mightiest mountain with ease. This blast-to-cast spell can even be used to quickly surface from the ocean floor or to make a quick escape from mobs. It even protects you from fall damage for a few seconds! Winder Rider is one spell you need to experience for yourself.

FIRE SUPPORT SPELL

Under construction.

THUNDER SUPPORT SPELL
Under construction.

WATER SUPPORT SPELL
Under construction.

SLOWSAND TRAP
Cast with Earth Book. Cost 6.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
This trap spell throws a damage-dealing projectile that will spread slowsand around the target area, slowing mobs. In short, it's both offensive and defensive! *I'm planning to add more particles to this spell.

WEB ENTANGLE
Cast with Air Book. Cost 10.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
When you've got this spell, your foes will be all tied up! With the ability to create debilitating webs, this spell is a great choice to stop mobs in their tracks. It even deals damage!

Now, even with this vast array of spells at your disposal, maybe you don't feel like harvesting mana. Or you just can't that spell focus in the right shape. Or you always trip over your own rod?
Of course, for the less magically inclined, there are always...
MAGICAL SNOWBALLS *MAY BE REMOVED*
These snowballs are able to cast spells without harnessing mana. However, they have expensive crafting recipes. While they are arguably harder to obtain than the spells, they save one inventory space and could be a lifesaver if you run out of mana.

BLAZE BALLS
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
Throwing this snowball will cast the spell, "Blaze Ball."

This snowball is crafted from blaze powder.

THUNDER BALLS
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
Throwing this snowball will cast the spell, "Thunder Strike."

This snowball is crafted from glowstone dust.

BLIZZARD BALLS
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Throwing this snowball will cast the spell, "Blizzard Blast."

This snowball is crafted with Lapis Lazuli and snowblocks. While it is arguably the "worst" snowball, it's the only one obtainable without reaching the Nether.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what do you all think? Questions? Comments? Criticisms?

Until next time, I'll be working on this:
"Lightning never strikes twice - or does it? There should be a way to harvest this element for teleporting to a spawn point!"
Last edited by CressAlbane on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Playing BF3 for PS3
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft and BF3
xbox live or psn: PSN: DrakusFett

Re: Extra Tools, Armors, and Snowballs! [WIP] v1.0.0

Post by DrakusFett »

Very nice I like the Netherrack to Nether Brick Idea. I have been tempted to do it in the Inventory Grid. So very nice Mod! :thumbs:
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: ManaCraft [WIP] v1.0.0

Post by CressAlbane »

Update in OP!
I am re-focusing the mod to be Mana rather than snowballs.
EDIT: I'm working on a Geyser spell. Is there any specific sound or particle effect you guys would like to see with that?