Battlefield 3 players get early access to Mass Effect 3 demo

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Battlefield 3 players get early access to Mass Effect 3 demo

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Wasn't sure where to put this, as we have a ME3 and BF3 thread...

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/02/ge ... 3-mp-demo/
We’re happy to announce details regarding access to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo for players who have activated their online pass for Battlefield 3. PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC players who have activated their Battefield 3 online pass (PC players who have played online do not need an online pass) will have early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo starting February 14th (normal access will begin on the 17th).

Be sure that you use the same EA.com log-in that you used to activate your Battlefield 3 online pass or that you use when signing into your Origin account when you sign into the Mass Effect 3 demo. And, if you want to be extra certain that you’ve got your access squared away, be sure that you’ve signed on to the Battlefield 3 multiplayer servers and have played a multiplayer match.

We know that you’ll be using the skills you’ve picked up on the Battlefield to kick some serious co-op butt. You can download the demo when it goes live on February 14th from the PlayStation Network Store, Xbox Live, and Origin. Make us proud out there!

Join the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo early on February 14th
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Battlefield 3 players get early access to Mass Effect 3

Post by Marth8880 »

Early? The demo is already public to everyone. :S
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

1) The multiplayer demo?
2) I'm just quoting the article
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC players who have activated their Battefield 3 online pass (PC players who have played online do not need an online pass) will have early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo starting February 14th (normal access will begin on the 17th)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I see, I didn't read the quote since I was on my phone and had to be somewhere.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I see, so it's okay to comment based solely on the title of the thread without even reading the context.

So I can assume, based on the title of the thread, your Mass Effect Mod is going to follow the storyline of ME1&2, complete with accurate characters, to-scale maps of every location from both games, fully voiced dialogue options, and weapon/ability upgrades, right? I assume it MUST be this great, because the title is really vague, so it probably includes most aspects of Mass Effect, and you've been working on it for a REALLY long time. I mean, according to the title, you're working on the 20,120,203rd version, and this version alone has 1,533 revisions, so it must be REALLY in depth.
Hidden/Spoiler:
=P
Read my posts before trying to debunk them, or I will use sarcasm. :D
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Marth8880 wrote:I didn't read the quote since I was on my phone and had to be somewhere.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:I see, so it's okay to comment based solely on the title of the thread without even reading the context.
jep
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by computergeek »

Well, back on topic, I just finished a play-through of the Single Player demo, and I'm quite excited. It blends the shooter elements of ME2 with many of the RPG elements of ME1. Leveling up now means that you actually have to make some sacrifices past the third tier of each ability. And speaking of abilities, there's a good 6-7 (I don't remember exactly how many) like in ME1, as opposed to the 4 in ME2. The music is just perfect too. All in all, March 6th needs to get here faster
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Holy Diet Dr. Pepper! Nova was the funniest move to add to the FUNGUARD. Hip check, iron man ground pound, Falcon Force Punch, end with chest full of lead.

Singleplayer was cool. I blasted through it so I didn't get too attached. I like the new Femshep.

If you guys want to do coop, just hit me up. M0v1ng7arg37
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

^PC or Xbox?

I've only played through the SP portion once but holy crap is the MP good. I've been playing almost exclusively on my Adept, Brovahkiin, and kicking some major butt. With him, I only wield the Predator, and so I have a +200 cooldown rate for my powers, meaning that Warp cools down the slowest at about 2.2 seconds.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Just played through the singleplayer demo as an Infiltrator, and then as a Sentinel. I still cannot get over the scenes with the child, it's so emotional, so intense... And the beautiful, harsh, slow, but intense music during the child's scenes doesn't help at all.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

PC.

It's pretty cool how if you go less armed into battle your powers can recharge way quicker. The child is very saddening. There are a few ideas of why he's there. I'm pretty sure we'll be experiencing more scenes like that when the game comes out.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Moving_Target wrote:PC.

It's pretty cool how if you go less armed into battle your powers can recharge way quicker. The child is very saddening. There are a few ideas of why he's there. I'm pretty sure we'll be experiencing more scenes like that when the game comes out.
The child probably symbolizes the Reapers' ruthlessness towards humanity. And that huge, short sfz sound wall of blasting brass when you see the Reaper all of a sudden charging its particle beam behind the child, and then it quickly dimenuendos back into the slow, intense theme during the child's scenes...
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

That's one theory, but we already knew the Reapers weren't clowning around. Although that'd be one hell of a traveling circus act.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The other one is Shepard is imagining the kid and the kid doesn't really exist and the more far fetched one is it's a side affect of indoctrination. I also read it could be Shepard when he was a kid. But it doesn't add up with the possibility of FemShep
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Well, I highly doubt an 8-11 kid would know a whole lot of the Reapers.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I just hope we can save him in the full game, with an interrupt or something. Maybe if you've been paragon in most/all of the choices before that moment, then a charm option or something.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I just hope we can save him in the full game, with an interrupt or something. Maybe if you've been paragon in most/all of the choices before that moment, then a charm option or something.
Yeah, I know what you mean... :(

EDIT:

So I captured, mixed and enhanced the music that plays during the final scene with the child. The name of the piece is of my own mind and imagination and I personally think it fits best.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38430663/Mass%20Effect%20Mod/Clint%20Mansell%20-%20To%20Take%20A%20Stand.mp3
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

Man, this game is going to be fun. I love the multiplayer aspect. I really can't find anything to complain about. One of the coolest things is that I own a KINECT. During the scenes where you're prompted to speak, you actually speak to the xbox to choose what plan of action you want to take.

Hidden/Spoiler:
So uh. Do you guys want to get together and play sometime? PM me and I'll tell you my LIVE username. I primarily play as a sentinel and a soldier.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

All my stats got reset for some reason. :/ I had a level 19 Infiltrator, 3/4s of the way to level 20, and most importantly, I had the Widow. On Silver, I could one-shot ANYTHING (except atlases) with a good headshot while invisible. Now I've been kicked back to the Mantis, and I'm only level 11. Makes things way harder, that's for sure.
In other news, a ton of music has been pulled out of the demo files. Like, a ton. Listen at your own risk. Click!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Notable ones include #37, the vent scene, #27, the scene when leaving at the end of the first part, and #28, which is by Faunts.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:All my stats got reset for some reason. :/ I had a level 19 Infiltrator, 3/4s of the way to level 20, and most importantly, I had the Widow. On Silver, I could one-shot ANYTHING (except atlases) with a good headshot while invisible. Now I've been kicked back to the Mantis, and I'm only level 11. Makes things way harder, that's for sure.
In other news, a ton of music has been pulled out of the demo files. Like, a ton. Listen at your own risk. Click!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Notable ones include #37, the vent scene, #27, the scene when leaving at the end of the first part, and #28, which is by Faunts.
Thanks to Mass Effect, I own Faunts' entire discography. :)