Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Post by Marth8880 »

jep, it appears I have. So what if DLC is pre-planned? So what if they plan ahead like smart human beings? :S If they're doing it "for the money", so what? What'cha gonna do about it, punk? :lol:
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Not buy it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

We complain about bad endings, and then we don't buy DLC that adds (a) better one(s?)? :s
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

@Dino: I seem for have forgot that state. Good find.

@Marth: I think you're missing what we're talking about. DUCK/Twi have a good description of what I'm talking about. It's just a slap to the face by the devs to say, "Hey you want to see the real ending that should be in the game, pay us $$$". I'm not at all demanding free DLC all the time, sure is nice, but this specific piece to A TRILOGY THAT'S ENDING needs the full ending and not ripped out. Preplanned DLC, go for it. Having a plan is a good thing to always have.

I love Valve's methods the most and yes even devs who delay their games get some hate, but not at the level of this. Valve also has Steam backing it allowing for free DLC, (L4D 1&2, Portal 2, TF2) but still EA is a massive company that could probably see some free DLC, but anyways this topic is about ME3.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Moving_Target wrote:It's just a slap to the face by the devs to say, "Hey you want to see the real ending that should be in the game, pay us $$$". I'm not at all demanding free DLC all the time, sure is nice, but this specific piece to A TRILOGY THAT'S ENDING needs the full ending and not ripped out. Preplanned DLC, go for it. Having a plan is a good thing to always have.
That's entirely opinionated. But alright.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Your posts haven't been un-opinionated, either. [/thatguy]
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Correct, but that's not the point I'm making; the point I'm making is this: Mass Effect 3 does not "need" new endings - but instead, people want new endings; it is an opinion to state that the game "needs" new endings in this situation.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Marth8880 wrote:Correct, but that's not the point I'm making; the point I'm making is this: Mass Effect 3 does not "need" new endings - but instead, people want new endings; it is an opinion to state that the game "needs" new endings in this situation.
If it's a popular opinion, the developers should listen to it if they intend on keeping their jobs. So if a majority of people "want new endings," Bioware better change their attitude to "the game "needs" new endings."

You're basically missing the point. If a game is advertised as the end to an expansive choice-driven trilogy with a multitude of endings, and the developer doesn't deliver that, people have a right to complain; and if the ending to said trilogy doesn't provide the closing is was supposed to, then the developers have a duty to provide an ending with closing for free. Players shouldn't be robbed of the logical full conclusion to a $60 game because they don't want to pay $15 more dollars.
Last edited by Grev on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinomight
Private Recruit

Post by Dinomight »

By the way, my sister shared with me a link on facebook about a kickstarter project for a cummunity that revolves around writing there own endings for mass effect 3. If you are interested or know somebody who you think might be interested then maybe you should check it out.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/MassEffectEndings
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Grev wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:Correct, but that's not the point I'm making; the point I'm making is this: Mass Effect 3 does not "need" new endings - but instead, people want new endings; it is an opinion to state that the game "needs" new endings in this situation.
If it's a popular opinion, the developers should listen to it if they intend on keeping their jobs. So if a majority of people "want new endings," Bioware better change their attitude to "the game "needs" new endings."

You're basically missing the point. If a game is advertised as the end to an expansive choice-driven trilogy with a multitude of endings, and the developer doesn't deliver that, people have a right to complain; and if the ending to said trilogy doesn't provide the closing is was supposed to, then the developers have a right to provide an ending with closing for free. Players shouldn't be robbed of the logical full conclusion to a $60 game because they don't want to pay $15 more dollars.
Alright.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Thought I'd show off some of my classes I have set up for multiplayer. I can do Silver with friends pretty well now and I'm game for some Gold. Get more credits. Gonna promote 4 of my classes this weekend for that challenge. I love playing as vanguard and my melee Krogan build is hilarious.

Female Vanguard (Most played): Anya
Hidden/Spoiler:
Krogan Sentinel: Pile Driver
Hidden/Spoiler:
Battlefield 3 Soldier: Frostbite aka Battlefield Burning Man.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Turian Soldier: Sick Nasty
Hidden/Spoiler:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Grev wrote:

You're basically missing the point. If a game is advertised as the end to an expansive choice-driven trilogy with a multitude of endings, and the developer doesn't deliver that, people have a right to complain; and if the ending to said trilogy doesn't provide the closing is was supposed to, then the developers have a right to provide an ending with closing for free. Players shouldn't be robbed of the logical full conclusion to a $60 game because they don't want to pay $15 more dollars.
All that being said if the epilogue is massive and they sell it for cheap ($10) I still won't complain. Given the scope of the game already I easily got my $60 bucks worth. And while there's a moral argument as to whether they took us on a fun enough ride technically speaking the endings were different enough to fall into legal territory.

My opinion: they set up bogus endings on purpose. Why? Well, one thought was that the epilogue wasn't going to be ready in time.
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

And here comes the Extended Cut. It's Free!

Well, until April 2014...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222400p1.html
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

thats great to hear! :D

and leads to the question: why april 2014? what happens in this month? did bioware find an ancient prothean calendar accroding to which the world ends in april 2014? we will see...
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

LOL, DANG that's funny, D.U.C.K. :funny2:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Awesome NullCommando! I'm looking forward to it.

I've been enjoying the game immensely so far. Which, just makes it more of a crime that they ended such an amazing game so poorly. I love so many things in this game, a couple things bug me but it's kinda minor. One annoying bug, going down ladders is such a chore. :runaway:

I do love how all the things I've done in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 affect certain things in Mass Effect 3. I had saved Wrex, saved the Council, saved the Rachni Queen, got reinstated as a Spectre in ME2, saved Maelon's research data, etc etc and have loved seeing the consequences.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasebmHiqIo

A new, free multiplayer DLC pack. Contains Batarian and Geth classes, two new maps and new weapons.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

:runaway:
I hope I'll get more lucky unlocking that krogan vanguard than I was with unlocking the other krogan; I still don't have them. (I'm level 150)
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Krogan Vanguard is gonna get stupid fun. Haha. I'm actually pretty excited about this dlc, even more so that it's free*. I like the addition of geth and batarians and the new justicar and battlemaster should spice things up. New maps look top notch too. I think the best part is that it comes out SOON.

*Able to get free, but you can also buy packs with real money to increase getting them faster, like TF2 hats.

I wonder if Bioware will have like a teaser for a juicier DLC, but probably not since they said with the Extended Cut taking priority the other DLCs got bumped back slightly.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Bumping for relevant update. Marth, RUN AWAY! :o

Extended Cut DLC comes out one day before my birthday! (June 26th)

Thanks for the 1.9 GB birthday present Bioware! Now let's all pray this doesn't suck! :runaway:
Bioware wrote:It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Interview with Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, and Jessica Merizan.

To be clear, this isn't changing the ending(s) at ALL. It just explains more of what the consequence were of all the big choices and some small choices.
Hidden/Spoiler:
They made it clear, they don't want people thinking you've destroyed the galaxy and everyone starves, that was not their intention.