Star Wars 1313 discussion

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Star Wars 1313 discussion

Post by willinator »

Okay guys, Gameinformer revealed that Lucasarts recently filed a trademark of the name "Star Wars 1313," I have a theory. As most of you probably know, George Lucas has been working on a live action TV show, Star Wars: Underworld. It is a multi-million dollar project, and he said he already has at least 50 hours filmed, with the crew working on economizing post-production. In interviews, George Lucas has stated that Boba Fett is a character present in the show, even saying that the voice actor who played him in "The Clone Wars" will reprise his role. So, where does this all lead? Well, Boba Fett was known to go by the alias "CT-1313." Ah, now the cogs are starting to turn. This leads me to my theory: Lucasarts has been working on a game following Boba Fett, that will form as a tie-in to the live-action television show. Thoughts?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: E3 preview and good video games

Post by Marth8880 »

Thoughts? SWEEEET!
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Webster27 »

Marth8880 wrote:Thoughts? SWEEEET!
^This or
Hidden/Spoiler:
Really SWEET :yes:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Maybe, but Star Wars 1313 sounds more like a codename and trademark squatting to me. Boba used that alias once, and only in Boba Fett: Maze of Deception when confronted by a clone trooper.

I dunno, I'm trying not to speculate until the announcement. I'd rather not think anything and then be excited when it's announced instead of hoping or wishing and then having those hopes crushed as LucasArts has done in the past.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

Star Wars 1313 is a third person (shooter, I assume, though it was never specified) where you play as an unspecified bounty hunter on Corusaunt. It looks like it is set in the rise of the Empire era (there were Lambda-class shuttles in some concept art). More info and game play will be shown at E3
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

The character is no doubt a younger Boba Fett. Waaayyy too good of an opportunity to pass up. It'll probably be a generic third person shooter with a Star Wars skin, which I don't have a problem with as long as it's relatively decent and long. You can probably bet it'll have a multiplayer too.

The game also takes place in the deep dark reaches of Coruscant where scum and villany reign. Specifically 1313 floors from the core of the planet.

tl:dr: Gears of War with a Star Wars skin about Boba Fett (<speculation) in the dark reaches of Coruscant. Sounds good to me.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

Gamespot wrote:Star Wars 1313 will see players utilise "exotic" weapons in a bid to uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy beneath Coruscant. According to LucasArts, the game will emphasize fast-paced combat--the game's hero will use human skills and gadgets rather than supernatural Force powers. In addition, the game will feature a combination of cover-based combat, platforming and "playable cinematic gameplay".
LINK
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

Here's that picture I mentioned earlier which leads me to believe it will be the Rise of the Empire era-

I'm pretty excited about this to be honest
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Better than I expected, worse than I'd hoped. I suppose it could be worse, it has potential at least. I hope it is similar to Bounty Hunter, I loved that game. Third person, which is fantastic to hear. And at E3 we'll find out more. :)
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft

Post by Webster27 »

I was excited, until I read it's ment to be a PG-18 :cry: , stupid Lucas Arts deosn't let us not know what they're doing for such a long time and now I can't even play this quite awesome looking game ! :cry: So now I can wait another 6 years till a good Lucas Arts game ,with the rating T, comes out !! :x
MawDrallin
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2-EAW-RC

Re: Star Wars 1313 discussion

Post by MawDrallin »

According to Wookieepedia, Star Wars: 1313 is a Third-person action adventure game, following a bounty hunter navigating Level 1313 of Coruscant, a subterranean metropolis that is home to a ruthless criminal underground. It is based on the Unreal engine and is slated to feature full-body performance capture. The game will emphasize fast paced combat, centered around human skills and physical weapons versus Force powers. The game also plans to feature a combination of cover-based combat, platform gameplay, and "playing cinematic gameplay". More will be unveiled at E3, and possibly a first look at gameplay (according to GTTV).
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

MawDrallin wrote:"playing cinematic gameplay"
lol don't they mean quick time events? I'm out if that's the case.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Sounds like a spiritual successor of Bounty Hunter.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I believe this image says plenty. If the game is like this I'll be sold.

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

While it would be awesome to be Fett, I don't think it will be. Announcements are all about hype, so why would LA leave it as generic as "a bounty hunter," if they could have made the thousands on Fandalorians go nuts about the game by specifying Fett?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TW does have a point. They don't gain anything at all by being so generic if it is Boba. They must have known fans would think it's about Fett when left so vague, so why not just say who it is? It's not like it would be a secret or anything. On the other hand, if it isn't Fett, then not saying who it is makes more sense for the big reveal at E3. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, this image is clearly not of Fett. That isn't Mandalorian armor. Unless he's not wearing his classic armor for the duration of the game. Which wouldn't make sense really.
Hidden/Spoiler:
And this line,
Star Wars: 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit," LucasArts president Paul Meegan said in a statement.
We've clearly visited Boba's backstory before, so I don't know why we would have "never had a chance to visit" it. I'm probably making something of nothing, but whatever.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Oh I don't care who it is. It's the principle I was getting at, actually. Red Dead Redemption meets Star Wars. But they won't do it. My guess is it'll be much smaller scale than RDR. LucasArts always puts attention into things that are neat, but in the end don't help gameplay (I.E. full factial capture).
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Teancum wrote:Oh I don't care who it is. It's the principle I was getting at, actually. Red Dead Redemption meets Star Wars. But they won't do it. My guess is it'll be much smaller scale than RDR. LucasArts always puts attention into things that are neat, but in the end don't help gameplay (I.E. full factial capture).
I realize you were just pointing out a concept they could use, but Nasal Abyss brought up Fett, too, so I wanted to address it. You might have a point with focusing on things that are neat rather than gameplay. However, isn't this game being developed internally by LA? Aside from TFU, when was the last time that happened? Who's to say they haven't learned from their mistakes from TFU's mediocre reviews?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Force Unleashed was enough. They were really fun and really good looking, but only for a short time. It's not one of those games I'm going to go back to. Those are the only games they've built internally in this generation, and LucasArts has changed so much over the past 5-10 years. At this point I'm trying to be more critical early on. It if rocks my socks I won't be disappointed.

Speaking of recent internally developed games at LA, I forgot two: Lucidity and Indana Jones and the Staff of Kings. Oh, I remember why.

They sucked.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I'm not commenting til the gameplay trailer is released on Monday at E3. I will say I'm glad I recorded GT.TV because I was disappointed it was just LA talking vaguely about it with no extra screenshots or trailers etc.