Star Wars 1313 discussion

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars 1313 discussion

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
willinator wrote:Sorry Yuke, Star Wars 1313 will strictly be a single-person game.
Where was this info? I have heard no such thing.
Yea, where did you hear that? If 1313 will strictly be a singleplayer game, I probably won't buy it. I don't really like singleplayer games (anymore).
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Only a guess, but maybe here, or just some other random place on teh Googlenetz.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

The link Marth found is where I got that, thanks Marth.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I have both seen and heard that it's currently a linear single-player game in pre-production, but so was Rep Commando. So was Halo at one point in time. That in no way means that it is STRICTLY single player.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

LA probably wants people to know they're focused on getting a great game out first and not splitting resources for a multiplayer component. Or they're waiting for the right time to surprise us with multiplayer. I'm fine with it being single only.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by minilogoguy18 »

But linear games are the WORST, you blow $60 on a game that takes 1 rainy day to beat and that's it, nothing more than a paper weight after that. Then a month or so you think about trading it in only to get half of what you paid for it in trade value, less if you take cash.

At least I can mod considering it's done nothing but rain here in Florida on my 4 day weekend from work, would rather frustrate myself with a loss of a scene after taking all day to UV map than go buy a new game.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I see you're standing tall against linear games, which I can agree seeing how linear games do have a shorter life span than other titles, but how Dom worded it, it's a linear game with multiple ways to tackle situations in. And sometimes that's what I'm looking for. A AAA title that doesn't take that long to beat. Ex. Mirror's Edge, a novel idea and I want more of it. Did I beat in a short time? Ya, but it was one hell of a trip while doing it.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Moving_Target wrote:it's a linear game with multiple ways to tackle situations in.
Kind of like ME2, where playing as different unit classes really felt different, even though the game itself was linear. I'd like to see that in Star Wars.
KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Post by KeivanMereel »

I'm digging the visual references they're using in here. The droid from the preview reminds me of a C-21 Highsinger from the Clone Wars season 4 'Bounty' episode, and the attackers are reminiscent of the thugs in the Black Sun Coruscant level from Lethal Alliance.

Lethal Alliance was an interesting idea but seemed under-developed and clunky. It seems to me they're taking good elements from past failures and hopefully will have something better in the end. I'm also glad to see the Coruscant underworld more. A whole lot goes on at the "bright center of the galaxy", and I groan when I learn of yet-another-important-event revolving around backwater Tatooine, the planet it's furthest from.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Fiodis wrote:
Moving_Target wrote:it's a linear game with multiple ways to tackle situations in.
Kind of like ME2, where playing as different unit classes really felt different, even though the game itself was linear. I'd like to see that in Star Wars.
That and finally the intelligence of level design can come back and be focused on.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

ILM+Lucasfilm+Lucasarts+Skywalker sound= my dream team for a video game, can't wait to see more of the game.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Moving_Target wrote:That and finally the intelligence of level design can come back and be focused on.
Speaking of level design, I really look forward to seeing how the individual levels are going to appear. It seems the current established mythology behind the Coruscant Underworld already has plenty of unique-looking areas and locations, so it would be cool if some of those get implemented. Here's hoping for a classic sewers level. :o
KeivanMereel wrote:and the attackers are reminiscent of the thugs in the Black Sun Coruscant level from Lethal Alliance.
I get a feeling Black Sun will most likely appear in this game. They are after all the biggest criminal group in the Star Wars universe. Unless the developers decide to invent a whole new group altogether...
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

New trailer:
Star Wars 1313 Gamescom 2012 Trailer [HD]
Can an admin please embed this?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

As amazing as this looks -- and it truly does -- I really want to see some real gameplay. I'll buy it either way, but cinematic trailers won't convince me to pre-order vs buying used.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I agree with you on the principle, Tean, though it does have some gameplay in it. And technically, that was all ingame cutscenes as well.

But yeah. When it comes to cinematic trailers, I always have to think "What are the developers trying to hide?" There isn't nearly enough actual gameplay in there.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

The game looks well produced. To little material to judge gameplay yet though. The world the game is set in seems promising.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anyone else see the Twilight at 1:18?
Last edited by yuke5 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Looks cool, but it's pretty much the exact same sequence as was shown in the E3 gameplay footage. I'm looking forward to seeing some bits and pieces from some other portions of the game.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

A lot of people are theorizing it's actually a next-gen game, as one was supposedly shown off at an E3 conference. It would make sense as they did refer to it running on a high-end PC.

That's probably why they aren't showing much of it.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Fusion wrote:A lot of people are theorizing it's actually a next-gen game, as one was supposedly shown off at an E3 conference. It would make sense as they did refer to it running on a high-end PC.

That's probably why they aren't showing much of it.
I'd wager that since the game is pretty far off that that is the only area of the game that is kinda polished.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Hidden/Spoiler: