The "Free Game" Topic

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: The "Free Game" Topic

Post by MileHighGuy »

Marth8880 wrote:
MileHighGuy wrote:Tribes: Ascend, Best free game ever.
https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

Skiing and Jetpack FPS.
Downloaded! Looks very interesting, though I have yet to install it.
I have the same in-game name and I play on US west. Tell me what ya think when you play it!
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by lucasfart »

I was just working on a school assignment and stumbled on this awesome looking game called "0 A.D."! I haven't had the chance to play it yet, as its still downloading (16 kbps...YAY!), but it looks awesome so I couldn't restrain myself from posting after I've downloaded it. :P Anyway, here's the description:
0 A.D. is a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of six ancient Western civilizations, from Iberia to Persia, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess. Developed using Pyrogenesis, a ground-breaking new game engine custom-built to suit this project, 0 A.D. will give players a rich and entertaining real-time gaming experience.
Not only that, but its also cross-platform, with a version for windows, mac and linux
And some pics....
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Most of the pics are the low-res version, as I didn't realise till later on how to access high-res ones. You can check out all the pictures + vids on the mod-db page.

And the link
http://www.moddb.com/games/0-ad

Tell me what its like if you try it. :)
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft

Post by Webster27 »

Looks a lot like Anno or Empire Earth (Love that game). But the Graphics look really good for a free game !
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

I don't know if this was already on the thread. I ran a search and nothing popped up, so I guess it's okay to post.

Alliance of Valiant Arms is a really fun free, fps shooter. It has a ton of guns which are all modeled pretty well, and animated correctly. Characters look realistic, there is a leveling up system, classes, and TONS of maps. There are a lot of maps, and they are all fun. There are plenty of gamemodes, like tdm, free-for-all, capture the flag, esort, demolition, infection (like Halo) and, scripted missions against A.I. opponents which you can play with your friends. And to top it all off, you can play it on steam. Also, after you play Alliance of Valiant Arms, and then TF2, you get a new butterfly knife for your spy!

The link below takes you to their site, but you can just download it on steam too.

http://ava.ijji.com/
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Fair warning to interested parties who are considering downloading Alliance of Valiant Arms.

Installing Alliance of Valiant Arms also installs their anti-cheat tool "Gameguard."
Gameguard is, by definition, a rootkit and a keylogger. Now, it's a harmless rootkit, it's only there to prevent users from cheating, and if it did anything malicious, the thousands of players that have it on their computers would know by now. But it's a rootkit nonetheless. So if you're not into that kind of stuff on your computer, AVA is not for you.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME AT NIGHT!

So the game is called "Slender" http://slendergame.com/, and it is one of the scariest things I've ever played. The game is really simple and short: It is one small and flat map, with the same objects over and over. Your goal is to go around at night with your flashlight in a forest and collect 8 pieces of paper. However, you must avoid the Slender Man, a tall, faceless creature that can teleport and move only when you can't see him. If you are faint of heart, don't play this game!
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by Webster27 »

Yeah, a famous german let's player played it recently and I tried it and I must say :shock: sometimes you get a mini-heart attack and it's the fear that something suddenly could happen, it's a good game ! :wink:
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Blacklight Retribution is a game I just recently discovered. It is the BEST F2P FPS I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I just want to make that clear. The graphics are stunning, gameplay is fluid, and there is intense levels of customization. Here is a map trailer which details gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6kQwA3i ... r_embedded

This is a fantastic game.
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

Omg yes yuke. I was about to post that game.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Haha, same here. I've been hearing really good things about it, so I just downloaded it today. I haven't jumped into any games yet, but I think that's what I'll spend my Saturday evening doing. I'll be playing as "iAmTheEggman" (and I'll probably be doing absolutely horribly) if anybody runs into me. :D
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

I'll be on the lookout. I'm already an Agent Level 6! I tend to roll with a regulator ar or a goliath br, and a combat knife mark 2.
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by Webster27 »

I would love to pay the Game, but the download takes me 13 hours or so (It's 13 hours if I don't do anything else Internet wise). If I get to it sometime, my username is Webster2705 :thumbs:
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I'm a level 10 agent. I tend to use the assault rifle and the light machinegun. My username is Newbster2.
Culvar
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Culvar »

I'd REALLY recommend Super Monday Night Combat. It's a fun 3rd person shooter set in a gametype similar to League or Legends or DOTA that keeps drawing me away from finishing a SWBF map. Working with your team is critical to success, and it ends up being really fun to play with friends. It DOES have some issues at the moment because of an early release, but they are being ironed out as the game progresses.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

I know it's been free forever, but Maple Story is now on steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/216150/

OH THE NOSTALGIA.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Culvar wrote:I'd REALLY recommend Super Monday Night Combat. It's a fun 3rd person shooter set in a gametype similar to League or Legends or DOTA that keeps drawing me away from finishing a SWBF map. Working with your team is critical to success, and it ends up being really fun to play with friends. It DOES have some issues at the moment because of an early release, but they are being ironed out as the game progresses.
So holy cow. It's so fun. And its so dang hard. You'd think as an avid League player I'd have an idea what to do but NOPE.avi. I'm clueless.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Culvar wrote:I'd REALLY recommend Super Monday Night Combat. It's a fun 3rd person shooter set in a gametype similar to League or Legends or DOTA that keeps drawing me away from finishing a SWBF map. Working with your team is critical to success, and it ends up being really fun to play with friends. It DOES have some issues at the moment because of an early release, but they are being ironed out as the game progresses.
So holy cow. It's so fun. And its so dang hard. You'd think as an avid League player I'd have an idea what to do but NOPE.avi. I'm clueless.
If you like League, you ought to try Smite. It's in beta now, but I've got keys I could give out if you want one (everyone in the beta gets three keys to give away when they join, and I've made a couple smurf accounts).

I honestly don't know how well it stacks up to LoL, since this is the first MOBA I've played, but it feels good with the third-person mode (one I much prefer to the traditional MOBA/RTS-style of isometric view).
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Maveritchell wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:
If you like League, you ought to try Smite. It's in beta now, but I've got keys I could give out if you want one (everyone in the beta gets three keys to give away when they join, and I've made a couple smurf accounts).

I honestly don't know how well it stacks up to LoL, since this is the first MOBA I've played, but it feels good with the third-person mode (one I much prefer to the traditional MOBA/RTS-style of isometric view).
Well thanks for the offer; I dont really know how I feel about Smite from what I've seen about it, but hey if you have keys. I could try it out. I personally like the isometric view :P
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

GangsterJawa wrote:Well thanks for the offer; I dont really know how I feel about Smite from what I've seen about it, but hey if you have keys. I could try it out. I personally like the isometric view :P
I PM'ed you the key - shoot me a message if you ever want to play a match together. I have a "Maveritchell" account and a couple others.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Alright, will do.