Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

BaTTLEDrOiD916
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Help please!

Post by BaTTLEDrOiD916 »

Hey, the only reason I got this mod was for BF2 extreme 2.2 to work, want I really want is for the "original" BF2 to be untouched, but for extreme 2.2 to still work, as I really dont like the changes to the sides in campaign ans stuff.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Help please!

Post by Maveritchell »

This mod doesn't change campaign sides, and it has nothing to do with Battlefront Extreme.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Install this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pzznah47785jabb

It's the v1.3 patch that will make BFX2.2 work, and the only reason it tells you to download the conversion pack.
BaTTLEDrOiD916

Post by BaTTLEDrOiD916 »

Maveritchell wrote:This mod doesn't change campaign sides, and it has nothing to do with Battlefront Extreme.
I thought it was this mod that changed instant action/galactic conquest/campaign default sides, such as the engineer droid having an ACP shotgun rather than the original one, is there anyway I can get extreme 2.2 to work without having things change the default sides???
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

BaTTLEDrOiD916 wrote:is there anyway I can get extreme 2.2 to work without having things change the default sides???
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Install this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pzznah47785jabb
Just because I'm not a staff member doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

BaTTLEDrOiD916 wrote:I thought it was this mod that changed instant action/galactic conquest/campaign default sides, such as the engineer droid having an ACP shotgun rather than the original one
You thought wrong. That would be the Unofficial 1.2 patch and an earlier version of the Unofficial 1.3 patch that does that.
is there anyway I can get extreme 2.2 to work without having things change the default sides???
Do what Twilight_Warrior posted.
BaTTLEDrOiD916

Post by BaTTLEDrOiD916 »

AQT wrote:
BaTTLEDrOiD916 wrote:I thought it was this mod that changed instant action/galactic conquest/campaign default sides, such as the engineer droid having an ACP shotgun rather than the original one
You thought wrong. That would be the Unofficial 1.2 patch and an earlier version of the Unofficial 1.3 patch that does that.
is there anyway I can get extreme 2.2 to work without having things change the default sides???
Do what Twilight_Warrior posted.[/quote

Downloaded and installed it and there is no change at all, all the sides are the new versions, I just want the old ones back, its really annoying seeing the engineer droid with an ACP shotgun for trandos, just looks weird, and I dont like the short clone carbine. If someone can send me the original cis.lvl and rep.lvl files I'll be happy , ps: thanks for replying :)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

If you can't figure out how to uninstall the sides mod, uninstall and reinstall SWBF2. No one is going to distribute game files, that's illegal.

THEN run the program I linked you.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Someone has tried to give me a copy of the original republic side because I accidentally overrode mine. You're saying that's illegal? :shock: :?
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

Welp, since the source of the sides was released by Pandemic themselfes I don't think it's ilegal to share them in their compiled form. Uploading them will take some time though.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:Someone has tried to give me a copy of the original republic side because I accidentally overrode mine. You're saying that's illegal? :shock: :?
People here tend to freak out a bit much over it, but in the strictest sense, yes. If I remember right the EULA states that no files from the game can be redistributed. Now it's not like lawyers will run after you if you got a replacement file from a friend, but the reality is that everyone should own the game in some form, meaning they should be able to reinstall it without having to ask for files.

When it comes to Gametoast's policy, we err on the side of caution. It's easier to not allow it here and never have any issue.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Oh, okay, that's good to know, thanks for clearing that up Tean!

Off-topic: You're 12 posts away from 10 freaking thousand posts. :shock: