Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Online Problem "NO GAME CODE"

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Online Problem "NO GAME CODE"

Post by Delta-1035 »

Hi, I've just bought, downloaded and installed the game Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.
(bought on Steam)

After I've have downloaded and successfully updated PunkBuster, I tried to play in multiplayer but the game told me that I had no "game code" to play online.

So I ask myself where is my code to play online?

I've found on internet some codes but when I use these ones and then join the game the server kicks me saying that my code is already in use.

I don't know what to do!
Also that's strange since I've bought MW2 and Black Ops a while back and they always worked fine.

Thanks in advance.
Loopy53
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Earth Apocalypse
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 bf3 cod
xbox live or psn: Dont have one

Re: Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Online Problem "NO GAME CO

Post by Loopy53 »

when you bought the game it should've come with a cd key needed for installation. Check if their isnt a multiplayer download for the game. BTW MW1 is the best CoD. Good choice :thumbs:
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AcaelusThorne »

In MW2 and later COD-games you don't need a code because the only run over steam anyway. CoD 4 is playable without steam when you bought the CD. Well to come to your actual question, you should have got an e-mail with the code in it. Mayby have a look there ? Also be shure to open steam ingame. It once showed me the code of the game I didn't register yet there in a window. When this doesn't work try to contact the steam-support.
When you use the codes from the internet you need to try several codes until it works. Most of the are in use by other people. Or you look up the IP of some cracked servers :google: . You give those into new favorite server in the search options. Then simply go on favorites and you'll see if they are full or there is still a place in them. Those servers don't check your code so you can take one from the ones you already looked up and it will work while official servers will always kick you.
This last option is only if the rest does not work. I know it is not quite legal, but since you actually bought the game it isn't fair that you aren't able to play it (exspecially when it is the fault of the company who sold it).
See yah on the battlefield Delta ;)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

There should be a link similar to this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

And if that doesn't work, I did a quick Google search and found this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939217-c ... e/60210065

So it might be a punkbuster issue, in which case, download and install punkbuster (from their website) again?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Ohhhhh, yeah, PunkBuster. Yeah, that piece of complete crappy garbage... *sigh* Heh, good luck getting that to work.