Mass Effect: Unification R6 [NEW RELEASE!]

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Mass Effect: Unification r1

Post by Marth8880 »

The only menu changes me5shell.lvl incorporates are the background images. Why Pandemic decided to set it up this way is beyond me, but nearly all of the menu textures are stored in common.lvl. I'll optimize the file structure and layout and move all the menu texture junk to its own file though so switching between THEMARTHMENU and Pandemic's boring, Illusive Man-operated nightmare of indoctrination will be easier. :P

Also, people who like the old shell over mine are traitorous fiends who work for Cerberus. Just saying. :o
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

I kept the music and trashed the images. (Basically just deleted ME5 from addon)

The music is good though.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

I personally found the images really nice, but I really liked Mass Effect, so it may just be that talking.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

I may just be a derp and missed it somewhere, but where do you guys want me throwing feedback at?

The only real problem I've been having is that I notice my game crashes during map transition to another one. I can play the maps no problem, it's just when it changes maps at the end of the round, my game crashes.

But other than that, I've had no personal quirks about anything. Feels just like Bioware got with the people of Pandemic (I know Pandemic is no more, we all know that) and made a Mass Effect Battlefront game. I mean the polish and gameplay is amazing. Absolutely enjoying it. I don't know if you guys take that as a compliment or not. :)
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Post by Ant »

I deleted the whole ME5 file but the music still plays :x any help!?!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Wow, what a... Delete shell.lvl located in GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound\ and rename shell_OLD.lvl to shell.lvl.
RevanSithLord wrote:I may just be a derp and missed it somewhere, but where do you guys want me throwing feedback at?
Anywhere.
RevanSithLord wrote:The only real problem I've been having is that I notice my game crashes during map transition to another one. I can play the maps no problem, it's just when it changes maps at the end of the round, my game crashes.
Odd. Which maps and how often exactly?
RevanSithLord wrote:But other than that, I've had no personal quirks about anything. Feels just like Bioware got with the people of Pandemic (I know Pandemic is no more, we all know that) and made a Mass Effect Battlefront game. I mean the polish and gameplay is amazing. Absolutely enjoying it. I don't know if you guys take that as a compliment or not. :)
Thanks. :)
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Post by Ant »

Marth8880 wrote:Wow, what a... Delete shell.lvl located in GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound\ and rename shell_OLD.lvl to shell.lvl.
Thanks! Ill put back the mod since i took away the pics and sounds. For the next release i reccomend that you somehow put it as a option :)

NOTE: I want the entire images/background gone for the message effect..theres still that red stuff see: Image
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

At the moment, the only way that can be removed is by removing the mod completely, sadly.

...weeeell, you could try renaming common.lvl in ME5\data\_LVL_PC\ to something else so it isn't loaded into the game, but it might break something in the mod, I'm not sure. I actually think the only things being used in it are the shell textures, but I might be wrong.

EDIT:

Ah, yep. There is one important script being used: globals.lua. The differences you'll have in-game will be the way units land after they jump; I adjusted (decreased) the time it takes and altered the curve of the landing to be a little more realistic. This might break multiplayer, it might not.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

@Marth: Well, I played Eden Prime, won the match as Alliance vs Geth, and clicked continue on the stats screen like I would anytime to go to the next map, and my games crashes. Then I played Prothean Skyway, same thing at the end of the match.

I'm gonna try a stock map to see if it does it there too, if it does, well I don't know what I'll do. But I'm just happy that I can play it at all, really. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Hmm, yeah, that's super odd. Do you have any other mods or anything installed? :o
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Marth8880 wrote:Hmm, yeah, that's super odd. Do you have any other mods or anything installed? :o
Yeah. :o I will do some tweaking on the folders, put a few of them somewhere else. May just take out everything else entirely for the time being and see if that fixes it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Having Cerfon's thing installed as well will probably cause the crash.
_=XL=_Danny
Private

Post by _=XL=_Danny »

I have a quick question. When i try running a server for this mod, I live in Canada, my freind from the states can join but other people cannot. Do you believe i have to open up ports? If so, i know how, can someone tell me which ones? I also tried downloading the Swbf2 server manager but Norton Internet Security is a b**** and keeps deleting it as a suspicious threat :(
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

_=XL=_Danny wrote:I have a quick question. When i try running a server for this mod, I live in Canada, my freind from the states can join but other people cannot. Do you believe i have to open up ports? If so, i know how, can someone tell me which ones? I also tried downloading the Swbf2 server manager but Norton Internet Security is a b**** and keeps deleting it as a suspicious threat :(
Other people can join, but if it's not a pc dedicated server I think there's a max of 4 human players, plus it's entirely likely that no one joined simply because no one joined, not that they couldn't connect. In fact, it's highly unlikely others couldn't because, as you said, your friend did connect. Secondly, you can switch your smart firewall off just for the few moments you download the file if you really want it that badly (as soon as it's done downloading, switch it back on immediately).
_=XL=_Danny
Private

Post by _=XL=_Danny »

Other people tried to join and they said they could not. And i did turn off my firewall to download the file but after i turn it back on, it simply deletes it. I know it has to do with ports because i had these troubles with other games before. Does anyone know these ports?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

_=XL=_Danny wrote:I have a quick question. When i try running a server for this mod, I live in Canada, my freind from the states can join but other people cannot. Do you believe i have to open up ports? If so, i know how, can someone tell me which ones? I also tried downloading the Swbf2 server manager but Norton Internet Security is a b**** and keeps deleting it as a suspicious threat :(
&
_=XL=_Danny wrote:Other people tried to join and they said they could not. And i did turn off my firewall to download the file but after i turn it back on, it simply deletes it. I know it has to do with ports because i had these troubles with other games before. Does anyone know these ports?
See this thread: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 25&t=25522

Also, uninstall Norton - it's complete garbage, probably one of the worst anti-virus suites aside from Trend Micro and McAfee - and install Microsoft Security Essentials; it's free and better. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... s-download
Dreadnot9 wrote:Other people can join, but if it's not a pc dedicated server I think there's a max of 4 human players
While in-game, go to Options, Online, set your bandwidth to something higher. ;)
_=XL=_Danny
Private

Post by _=XL=_Danny »

Is the 3658 snd 4658 a UDP or TCP?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I forgot, but it says in the server manual.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Marth8880 wrote:
Dreadnot9 wrote:Other people can join, but if it's not a pc dedicated server I think there's a max of 4 human players
While in-game, go to Options, Online, set your bandwidth to something higher. ;)
:themoreyouknow: Thanks for the info.
Marth8880 wrote: Also, uninstall Norton - it's complete garbage, probably one of the worst anti-virus suites aside from Trend Micro and McAfee - and install Microsoft Security Essentials; it's free and better. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... s-download
I actually use norton, it's not awful, but there's definitely better stuff out there. It fits my needs well enough.
PizzatheHutt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Something...
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by PizzatheHutt »

I downloaded the mod 2 days ago, and I found it amazing :thumbs: : you did a great work to change the game's aspect ! At first, it was a bit difficult to get used to the new 3rd person view,but it really improves the game experience . The new abilities also improve the gameplay.
It doesn't feel like Battlefront, it feels more like a RPG: you have to use the right weapon at the right time.
My only complaint is that the Harbinger is totally overpowered: he killed me many times with his almost-1-shot-kill ability, and when I finally managed to kill him, I just got two points :x .
Other than that, this mod is perfect: new menu, new maps, new units, new gameplay, all of very high quality .

Also,did you make changes with the AI ? The CTFs were considerably more difficult, but it might just be because the units had more health.