SWBF LUA released

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Led
Private Third Class

SWBF LUA released

Post by Led »

For those interested, a player that goes by the name of Dark Phantom noticed that psych0fred released the SWBF LUA scripts:
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/BF1/

Thanks fred!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: SWBF LUA released

Post by Marth8880 »

That stuff has been there for years, ages even - it's not new. It's just a bunch of incredibly useful docs and files regarding modding.

SWBF2 docs.
tirpider
Lance Corporal

Post by tirpider »

EVERY_BF1_LUA_Script.zip 12/10/2012 11:31:02 PM

That particular file just showed up a cpl of months ago.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Just as I thought, this archive just contains all of the contents of the standard common scripts folder that's included with every single mod map. Pointless, or at least in this case. :roll:

EDIT:

Actually, it turns out that those scripts were never included with the SWBF1 mod tools. Huh. Well nobody even mods SWBF1 anymore anyways. :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Not to be "that guy" but you're wrong on this one, Marth. There's a decent community of Mac and PC gamers that are still faithful to SWBF1, just not here.

This is great, though. Now they have full control of the shell, eras, etc. SWBF1 is still much more limited in its LUA commands, but they should be able to create a few new deathmatch-based modes like Hero Assault and Team Deathmatch at the very least.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Yep, it's now possible to add new eras and 'modes' (although they will be restrictive) to the game and to bypass the addon map limit if you wish to. Still no 6 units though (you can change the number of boxes but according to the comments the actual number of spawnable units is hardcoded) b ut I'm sure modders will work something out, a way around certain limits.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Teancum wrote:Not to be "that guy" but you're wrong on this one, Marth. There's a decent community of Mac and PC gamers that are still faithful to SWBF1, just not here.
Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. :P Why there is is another question though... It's not like there's anything better about the game - other than prone and strafing flyers, but big freakin deal - and modding it is a pain.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Naboo Otoh Gunga
Games I'm Playing :: swbf 1

Post by sereja2 »

Marth8880 wrote:and modding it is a pain.
Funny, I cud say the same about SWBF2 :lol: .
Actualy, in my opinion, SWBF1, got more realistic, less "fancy arcade" gameplay, and better, more bold picture view. With new inventions of modders, it slowly approach to SWBF2 quality, and abilities.

By the way, about the limits: for example, my "Nar Shadda: Vertical City" map, easy works for SWBF1, but it seems, SWBF2 can't handle with it.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

@Marth -- Can't say every reason as to why folks prefer SWBF1, but Mac gamers don't have a choice without installing extra software that causes overhead.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

For me, it's because BF1 doesn't throw hissyfits on my laptop while BF2 does. Plus I find it's actually easier to mod.
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

To each his (or her) own.

I don't think you will find anyone complaining about SWBF2 on the SWBF2 board though :)
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

There's actually only a couple Mac gamers left. :( And it is quite possible for mac's to run SWBFII legally. I did but I still play SWBFI more. :thumbs:
You can visit http://www.swbfgamers.com to see that the SWBFI community is strong.

We can go all "day" debating over which game is better but I agree with Led's statement.
Led wrote:To each his (or her) own.

I don't think you will find anyone complaining about SWBF2 on the SWBF2 board though :)