Halo 4: Forge Island

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Halo 4: Forge Island

Post by Fusion »

Hot off the presses, a new forge map for Halo 4!

Name: Forge Island
Release Date: April 11th
Price: $0.00

Map is a vast ocean with three flat, grassy islands: one small, one medium, and one large. It will feature the regular forge pallet and some new blocks.

More details as they are released. This was literally just revealed within the last ten minutes.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Halo 4: Forge Island

Post by Teancum »

I'm all about a free map, but after watching the IGN gameplay I'm not impressed. It seems like a "oh the fans are mad, so let's pump out the fastest, easiest map to make that we can". Three mushroom islands with zero elevations, you probably can't forge on the water, and the largest of the islands still feels small since there are no real horizon lines.

I'll withhold final judgement until I get my hands on it, but unless it's got things like terrain pieces I'll still be disappointed.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo 4: Forge Island

Post by Fusion »

From that point of view, yes, I would say it wasn't all it could be. However, in Halo 4 there are no flat areas to forge anything bigger than 30x30 World Units. This is a much needed map for anyone who wants to forge anything BTB.

Also, I'm glad they're flat because nothing on Forge World was flat either. It was so annoying to try to make something and then realize it was .2 seconds faster to get a power weapon on one side because there wasn't a hill in the way.

EDIT
So it randomly got released today. It's bigger than Forge World, almost 2x as big, space-wise.