Mass Effect: Unification R6 [NEW RELEASE!]

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Mass Effect: Unification R2

Post by Marth8880 »

DOWNLOAD R2 FROM:
Kickass Torrents | ModDB | Dropbox | MediaFire

DOWNLOAD R2 (STEAM VERSION) FROM:
Kickass Torrents | ModDB | Dropbox | MediaFire

R2 is released!

Change log:
Hidden/Spoiler:
CHANGE LOG - RELEASE 2
MASS EFFECT: UNIFICATION V1.1, R2
FRAYED WIRES STUDIOS--MD
LAST UPDATED: 22-11-2013

--------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY (SIDES / VEHICLES):
-decreased M-4 Shuriken spread
-added warmup, cooldown, and barrel sound to Spitfire and increased weapon kick strength and spread
-somehow magically fixed custom laser turrets because of reasons and space magic and Game of Thrones
-Joffrey sucks :p
-replaced Infiltrator Shepard's M-92 Mantis with disruptor variant, gave unit armor variant, removed Tactical Cloak, replaced unit's M-100 Grenade Launcher with ML-77 Missile Launcher
-replaced Engineer Shepard's M-100 Grenade Launcher with M-451 Firestorm
-replaced Adept Shepard's M-100 Grenade Launcher with Collector Particle Beam
-replaced Sentinel Shepard's M-100 Grenade Launcher with ML-77 Missile Launcher
-replaced Vanguard Shepard's M-100 Grenade Launcher with Geth Spitfire
-adjusted music tracks to loop seamlessly
-on Omni-Blade, increased damage, added dummy explosion for sound and shake, changed to right-handed, increased shot delay, adjusted various health scales, changed animation to Emperor's final saber attack; altered orientation of model to better fit new animation
-lowered uncharged and charged Geth Plasma Shotgun damage, increased ordnance turn rate, increased charge time, increased kick strength
-essentially "fixed" Geth Pulse Rifle, M-8 Avenger, M-9 Tempest
-replaced Shockwave power with ME3 variant
-adjusted all biotic, tech, and combat powers' cooldown time to fit those of ME2/3
-implemented Geth Recon Drone as dispensable "remote droid" for Geth Juggernaut - may remove
-increased M-92 Mantis damage and kick strength
-attempted to fix Combat Drone - failed; instead temporarily redacted for time being
-fixed issue with armored units not being able to recharge health and ammo via powerup items or stations
-re-adjusted Collector, Geth, and Alliance unit movement speeds
-lowered shotgun and sniper rifle push values and fixed M-92 Mantis secondary push ordnance velocity
-replaced Alliance Sentinel and Vanguard upgraded powers with non-upgraded versions so they don't seem "better" than the other units
-gave all grenades shot delay of several seconds so the AI use them less often
-transposed A-61 Mantis Gunship into hover vehicle
-issued AI their driver's license and certifaction to drive the Mako - basically, the issue was the AI were trying to steer while driving in reverse but they couldn't, and the only way they can is if the vehicle can turn in place like the Snail Tank and Hailfire
-heavily tweaked and polished all biotic, tech, and combat powers' properties
-converted most weapons to ME3 variants
-adjusted all Alliance classes to carry no more than two primary weapons each
-removed Geth Trooper's Pulse Grenades
-gave Frag Grenades to Geth Trooper and Geth Rocket Trooper
-gave Pulse Grenades to Geth Sniper
-replaced Collector Guardian's Collector Assault Rifle (Shredder) with Collector Carbine (un-canon name), the 3-shot-burst weapon these enemies use in ME2

GAMEPLAY (CORE / MAPS / GAME MODES):
-increased global command post neutralize and capture time
-fixed each side variation's min/max per-class unit count so the sum of them equals the variation's max unit count
-added AI heroes to Geth and Alliance for all offline Conquest matches
-in PRO, adjusted lighting to be more realistic towards ME1
-seemingly fixed most offline and online crashing issues
-added 1.5 second delay to 'victory/defeat' event for victory-by-elimination in Conquest matches
-increased 'victory/defeat' event timer to 40 seconds for victory-by-conquest in Conquest matches
-in VRM, added ground-level trenches that connect CP2 to CP1, CP3 to CP1, and CP4 to CP5
-in pol1, moved CP2 spawn path nodes to where the CP actually is instead of in the nearby hangar
-added boundaries to PRO and VRM
-lowered map ceiling in PRO
-removed turrets in hot1 1flag

VISUAL:
-heavily optimized all custom particle effects; cut most total particle counts nearly in half
-added vertex colors to Hex Barrier and Anti-Ballistic Shield
-altered all weapon muzzleflash and ordnance light and glow to fit Mass Effect canon
-fixed Coruscant's God-awful pillar collision in minor halls - yay, first mod ever to do so :p
-improved performance on VRM - removed walkway railing and canyon wall shadow volumes and implemented world shadow map
-redacted VRM portal/sector system - may re-implement in future
-created and implemented shotgun and sniper rifle 'reload' animations
-created and implemented new biotic power 'use' animations
-fixed Geth Prime mesh scale
-changed all non-special (no ammo power) assault rifles, submachine guns, and shotguns to use more optimized impact effect
-created 9pose animations for M-35 Mako and A-61 Mantis Gunship
-added glowing bits to most weapon models
-gave scope meshes environment map
-changed PRO sky and lighting to match ME1 canon
-created and implemented new weapon models for various weapons and fixed issues with existing models
-altered Hex Barrier mesh and textures to better resemble ME3 multiplayer variant
-revised 'grenade throw' animation to be two-thirds its original length, and changed all grenades' initial salvo delay from 0.5 seconds to 0.33 seconds
-fixed double-sided polygon issue with all ammo power mesh extensions
-removed ugly reticule 'bullseye' mesh
-improved sniper scope texture
-refined length of reload animations

AUDIO:
-decreased armor ricochet pitch, lowered play probability, and increased max and mute distance
-decreased unit pain chatter play probability and increased play interval
-decreased global weapon fire sound gain and min/max/mute distance
-added more music tracks
-refined amount of sound effect variations used due to bank overflows
-replaced Systems Alliance unit battle and pain chatter
-added more Geth, Collector, Scion, and Husk/Abomination chatter
-replaced most weapon, biotic, tech, and combat sound effects with authentic sounds from ME3
-reworked sound template gain hierarchy to account for better realism
-reworked entire sound file tree - now things are much easier to patch and update
-fixed problems with stock maps' ambient environmental sound streams and sound effects
-up-converted all custom map ambient environmental sound streams to quadraphonic channels
-added vehicle damage and collision sounds
-added vehicle music
-added sound "test cues" for the SFX and voice over sliders in the Sound Options menu (e.g., the sound you hear when you adjust the "Battle Speech" slider)
-synchronized all reload sounds with animations
-added turret damage sounds

SHELL:
-fixed issue with the map description for PRO and VRM not displaying in the instant action menu
-changed in-description VRM name to "Virmire: Trenches"
-tweaked weapon icon coordinates, scale, and rotation
-fixed Nova icon color scheme
-added icon for Grab, Reaper OS, and Thrash
-fixed Eden Prime load screen
Last edited by Marth8880 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by noMatt »

Thanks alot :) I'll give it a shot
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

Downloading at the speed of snails.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I know the torrent is a bit slow for some... unknown reason. We'll have Mod DB up later. Is Mediafire blocked where you are?
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

The problem isn't on your end, just my interweb beeing slow and the pc busy :wink:

Just letting you know that I'm downloading and excited.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Downloading. I still need to install SWBF2 though. I may or may not be back with thoughts.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

except for the fact that this is going to take 5 hours, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!!!
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Downloaded this yesterday and played around a bit.
It's a huge improvement over the first release, both visually and game play wise. The new weapon models are beautiful, and the additions of new firing sounds/voice lines is really a great touch.
I guess my only complaint would be the lack of class choices for the collectors, while I appreciate the removal of husks, it would be cool to see abominations as an option! Anyways, good work guys, and keep up the great work. :thumbs:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Thank you for your kind words Dreadnot.

We will eventually add more Collector classes. And we removed the husk and abomination because they didn't play well. If we gave them too much health, they didn't feel like they should, give them too little and they're impossible to play as. BioWare never intended the Husks to even be considered anything remotely close to a playable class.

Thank you for the feedback.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

A few more things I noticed playing around:
1). The hurricane firing sound doesn't quite feel polished, but I think I remember you referencing this and saying it'd be fixed eventually elsewhere...
2). I really liked the new skins for the alliance, they just felt so much better than the first release, I loved them.
3). Some classes feel like they have too many secondaries, or too many overlapping secondaries. It's kind of a pain to cycle through 3-4 things just to get back to Warp. I understand you're trying to remain true to the source material, but I think removing a few of the secondary abilities and making them more unique to each class would add a lot in terms of game play. Note: this is an opinion.
4). Is there any reason Endor isn't playable?
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

overall :eek: I started to play then died quickly *cracks knuckles and rolls back sleeves* then I got into it and looked at a couple things.

pros: great skins, great new anims, awesome effects and way too much goodness to explain within 60000 characters.

cons:
3). Some classes feel like they have too many secondaries, or too many overlapping secondaries. It's kind of a pain to cycle through 3-4 things just to get back to Warp. I understand you're trying to remain true to the source material, but I think removing a few of the secondary abilities and making them more unique to each class would add a lot in terms of game play. Note: this is an opinion.
I agree ^ too many secondary weapons.

there are no scream rocket huds.
ME5 test map crashes on both modes. (this might be just me)
new maps would be nice too (I could help 'cause I really can't do anything but maps )suggestion: maybe a soft light coming from geth's eyes (eye) would be cool so I could target it and see their head better.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Dreadnot9"]A few more things I noticed playing around:
1). The hurricane firing sound doesn't quite feel polished, but I think I remember you referencing this and saying it'd be fixed eventually elsewhere...
2). I really liked the new skins for the alliance, they just felt so much better than the first release, I loved them.
4). Is there any reason Endor isn't playable?[/quote]

- Yeah, it's a weird issue. We'll have to redo it.
- Glad you liked them, I made them.
- For balance reasons that's not going to change unfortunately. They need their powers to be competitive. It take some getting used to, flipping between them, but you get the hang of it eventually.
- Marth doesn't like Endor. :p
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="JimmyAngler"]overall :eek: I started to play then died quickly *cracks knuckles and rolls back sleeves* then I got into it and looked at a couple things.

pros: great skins, great new anims, awesome effects and way too much goodness to explain within 60000 characters.

cons: [quote]3). Some classes feel like they have too many secondaries, or too many overlapping secondaries. It's kind of a pain to cycle through 3-4 things just to get back to Warp. I understand you're trying to remain true to the source material, but I think removing a few of the secondary abilities and making them more unique to each class would add a lot in terms of game play. Note: this is an opinion.[/quote]
I agree ^ too many secondary weapons.

there are no scream rocket huds.
ME5 test map crashes on both modes. (this might be just me)
new maps would be nice too (I could help 'cause I really can't do anything but maps )suggestion: maybe a soft light coming from geth's eyes (eye) would be cool so I could target it and see their head better.[/quote]
I'm glad you're enjoying it.

- Oh my goodness we forgot to remove the test map. :runaway:
- We're going to fix the maps we have before we move on to new maps, but they will be coming.
- We can't really do anything about the geth's light any more than we have. It glows, but we can't attach a light to it. Engine limitation.
- We'll probably get a hud icon for the rockets eventually.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Just gotta say, this is the best mod I have ever played. It is a true conversion. The player models are so beautiful that they look out of place in their environments. :thumbs: When the final version is done post it on reddit and you will get a lot of attention with the right title.
PizzatheHutt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Something...
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by PizzatheHutt »

Excellent mod !!!
I especially like the new skins, they really help to differenciate the different classes in battle (even if the colors made me think of the Teletubbies :yes: ).

The weapon models are very well done, the effects too, and it seems to me the mod is a little bit more stable (with R1, the effects disappeared quite fast).
The gameplay also is very interesting, i got killed very fast at first, but then I learned how to use each class. With this mod, you have to think tactically, not just run, or shoot.

To sum it up, this mod is both awesome technically (I didn't know the BF2 engine could support such detail level), and gameplay-wise.

If I were to make criticisms, it would be that the "scion" enemy looks too much like a super battle droid, and gives too few points once its killed. Also, the Prothean Skyway map is just gorgeous, but its way too small, you could perhaps increase the size of the indoor/tunnel part, or add sniping spots in the buildings).

Also, on Hoth, the gunships acts weirdly, they're behaving themselves like speeder-bikes.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

@MileHighGuy: Thank you so much for the compliments, though I don't think we deserve the title of the best mod for SWBF2. We're not just being modest here, we have a lot of work left to do before we might deserve that title.

@Pizza: I'm very glad you're enjoying it. To answer your criticisms; the Scion's model will get replaced as soon as we have the art assets. I don't think we can change the amount of points it gives when killed. We will be making Prothean Skyway longer to alleviate congestion. We'll look into the Gunships behaving weirdly but don't expect much to some of it for a long time. Trying to get AI to use vehicles correctly is a nightmare.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Congrats guys I will be sure to give it a try
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

This mod keeps getting better and better! Loving the amount of detail that is being put in. Excited for whats to come!...Now if only we could get the same amount of love into a halo mod :lol:
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Sorry dude I'm already working on that right now, If you wanna help just let me know.
On topic: I know I just love this mod so much, it makes you want to buy the game just to get it. :)
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by noMatt »

I just tested the Mod again and I like it :) Its well done sides makes me want to get them on my map :D Would it be possible for you to release a lvl and units name so we can load them in our maps? Or, even better, would you release the sources?
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

MMM I don't think that's a good idea. His mod is sooo awesome and it took soo many long hours of work, it would be a shame to see the assets in other little mods. just my opinion. :)