Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Post by CressAlbane »

Well, I finished my challenge runthrough. The team was Gyarados, Pinsir, Ampharos, Malamar, Roserade, and Salamence. Not very challenging, really , although I had a few risky moments in Victory Road with some Exploding Graveler. Biggest performer was definitely Pinsir: Mega Evolved STAB Thrash just wiped through the Elite Four. The worst underperformer: Malamar. I think it was quite a few levels below the whole rest of my team. I guess this is what happens when it comes with Suction Cups.

I play with the following self-enforced rules:
- Go to Santalune City and prepare the team. From this point, the PC cannot be used until the Eilte Four are beaten. (Obviously, the team needs to have at least one Pokemon that can learn Surf or Fly.)
- No healing or stat-boosting items can be used during battle. Items, including Repel, cannot be used outside of battle, except when challenging the Elite Four.
- If all Pokemon are defeated, the challenge is lost, and I am a horrible Pokemon trainer.

I'm going to start another challenge. The Pokemon were randomly selected today, with one from each generation. My team will be:
Shellder, Hoppip (ugh), Beldum, Shellos, Rufflet, and Bergmite. Seems to be a fairly good team. Interesting that two of them have shell- names.

EDIT: Thanks to Mav for a good trade session. Hopefully I was able to help you out marginally as much as you helped me. Anyway, I've already started the challenge, replacing Beldum with Aron.

EDIT2: Challenge going really easily. Restaurants are wonderful for training my team.

What is our policy for sharing O-powers? How does this sound?
If you send me a level 1 O-power, I respond with the highest level O-power I can from that group.

(Somebody really needs to post so I can stop editing these.)
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

CressAlbane wrote:EDIT: Thanks to Mav for a good trade session. Hopefully I was able to help you out marginally as much as you helped me. Anyway, I've already started the challenge, replacing Beldum with Aron.

(Somebody really needs to post so I can stop editing these.)
I'd actually filled up my dex by then, but it was fun to take a break and breed those few for you (plus I had a bunch of extra fossils sitting around - I spent a lot of time trying to get the right fossils and had lots extra when I was done). Have fun with Shellder; I've got mine with Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Shell Smash/Razor Shell and he murders things. Half the time, I don't even have to use Shell Smash, because he's a speed+ nature (and I think the one I sent you was Jolly as well).

Re: O-Powers - if someone sends me one, I send one back. I don't usually bother with sending them out randomly since I've got all the powers I'd use at lvl3. If I send one back, it's usually Experience or Prize Money, since they seem to be the easiest for anyone to use.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Gauging interest for a GT Pokemon tournament.

We can set up a bracket, opponents can PM and schedule a time when they're both available (Now that Winter Break is stating, I figured it'd be easier for most of us). Obviously we don't wanna wait too long between matches, but a week or two per round should suffice, right? Only thing missing is enough interest and an agreed-upon set of rules.

What say you, Pokemon Masters?
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

I'm no master, but I figure our tournament could use a last-place finisher. Count me in.

And I lost my challenge, so I'm officially the worst Pokemon trainer. I had the bright idea of trying to use Counter on Siebold's Gyarados. Instead, it just boosted up to +6 and wiped my whole team. Gah.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

I'd be interested if it did happen, but I don't think we have enough people for a tournament.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Well... We got 8 friend codes on here... That's enough for First round, Semifinals, finals. We could even do a double elimination tournament to drag things out, if need be.

Really I was just seeing exactly that: if we'd have enough people.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

A tournament sounds awesome. Unfortunatley Im playing leaf green right now XD. If you guys did do a tournament please put it on youtube Id love to see the battles.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Just got this wonderful specimen:
Pinsir - #127 (Jolly) Male (♂) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 11 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dark
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 70
Got really lucky with it. It was a perfect Destiny Knot transfer, the Ditto had Attack and Speed while the Pinsir had HP, Defense, and Special Defense. Now to grind for it to become the amazing Mega Pinsir.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

But is it shiny?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Old Post: Shiny Flaunting

New Post:
I would just like to thank ggctuk for having the Friend Safari to make this possible:
Slurpuff
name: Belly Drum Sweeper
move 1: Belly Drum
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Return
move 4: Flamethrower
nature: Naughty
ability: Unburden
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 176 Spe
I'm totally going to run this on my next singles team. It's just too good to pass up.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

After server troubles with the Japanese release, Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter have been suspended indefinitely.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-online-servi ... 1489822952
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm waiting on Bank for so many things. I managed to get a Porygon off of the GTS, but I lucked out with breeding it and got a 5V from two 3Vs (5th was random) so I don't think anyone would want the 1-2V junk I have. Probably would be better just to wait.

Hopefully it goes live on or by Monday. I need my Ditto army now that the Destiny Knot does what it does. For example, breeding my 6V Ditto with my 6V Gengar will be a 1/6 chance of a perfect 5V and a 1/32 of being another 6V, and there's a chance that it will be shiny because the Ditto is foreign.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Wait. Is the Pokemon Bank out yet? (I've been off the grid and was looking forward to it.)

EDIT: OK, it's not out. 1/5

Anyone able to help me with some Trade Evolutions? Also, is Vanilluxe a trade evolving Pokemon?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Vanilluxe evolves around 47-49 iirc. It was one of the Unova Pokemon that evolved based on where you encountered it in the story so it evolves super-late compared to other generations.

CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

*ran to check and it still isn't out yet*

:(

Does anyone have the following Pokemon available for trade? I need just a few more to fill my Kalos Pokedex.

- Goldeen / Seaking
- Skitty / Delcatty
- Abra / Kadabra
- Taillow / Swellow
- Heracross
- Evolutions of Clamperl
- Slugma/ Magcargo
- Ekans / Arbok

Thanks in advance! I prefer the unevolved form so I can get both without having to breed. :P
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I've got an Abra and a slugma.
I'm looking for X exclusives before the bank comes out, if you've got some to spare.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

I've got some Pinsir, Clauncher, and Houndour. When can you trade?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Probably later tonight. I can't give you an exact time. I'll be on Steam if you have me added there, I can just shoot you a quick message.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

In preparation for Pokemon Bank, I transferred all valuable Pokemon from my HeartGold version to Black version. Now, I'm doing a Nuzlocke of HeartGold!

Team so far is Hoothoot, Geodude, and Spinarak! (I was playing at night.) All are level five.

Soooooo lucky on encountering Geodude first in that little area.

EDIT: Just traded a typical Tyranitar for a Chimchar!

It's 3IV, as well. But the spread is 31/0/31/x/x/31. And it has Blaze. Mixed blessings.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Uh, if anyone has a favorite Pokemon that wasn't in X/Y or was in a rare Friend Safari and it's possible to breed it, let me know.

I kind of have ALL OF THEM.

Also, if anyone wants something from the amorphous egg group and it has a good female ratio, I can get a high IV one in about 10 minutes. 6V Gengar are handy.