Sereja's Polar Express: RELEASED!

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Naboo Otoh Gunga
Games I'm Playing :: swbf 1
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Sereja's Polar Express: RELEASED!

Post by sereja2 »

Brilliant! Explosive! Must See!

POLAR EXPRESS.
------------------------

This is my SWBF map: Polar Express:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1loez ... xpress.rar
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Features:
1. My models, effects, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. some weapon are chargable;
3. 5th weapon added;
4. 2nd, locals added;
5. stock side mission.lvl added;
6. SWBF2 sound effects added;
7. SWBF2 unit animation added.
8. Fancy retro movie style added;

Instalation:

1. Put the 029 folder in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

My map, as usualy, overload by effects, so, if you use slow PC, you have to use stock sides mission.lvl from my Stock_Sides folder, put it, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\029\Data\_lvl_pc folder, make backup first.

Story:

CW
Some supernatural activity, was detected in the Polar Express, so passengers, have to investigate this weird events. Seems, the only way to detect unwelcomed invaders - check if everyone have a Golden Ticket...

GCW
Stock.

Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.

Enjoy!
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Sereja's Polar Express: RELEASED!

Post by MileHighGuy »

Wow! simply amazing work sereja!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Holy crap! :o This looks brilliant! :thumbs: Any chance you could port it to SWBF2? :)
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Nice work! Your interior stuff is all very good and very consistent. My only complaint might be that the textures are pretty low-rez. Where did they come from?

I like that you used some verticality in the map to ensure a two-way flow of AI, but I also got the sense that the map cheated a little in terms of spawning AI behind me (even when they didn't have a CP). Either way, it had a good flow for an ostensibly linear map.

I'm also interested in hearing about how you did your moving terrain. I made a map that was similar, but your technique looks different. It looks like you had a flat model for the base with an animated texture, and your props appeared to be deactivated at the end of the treadmill. Am I near the mark?
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I love the Indiana Jones whip! and the ectoplasma ally is really cool! Everything is so comical and creative. You are going places!
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Thank's! :D
Just a little bit of my dark humour :wink: .
Marth8880 wrote:Holy crap! :o This looks brilliant! :thumbs: Any chance you could port it to SWBF2? :)
Nice idea, but I am realy not good with SWBF2 modding, so probably need help of some more experienced SWBF2 modder for this...
As far as I know, SWBF2 dosn't support secondary melee weapons, like my whip or knife, so the gameplay have to be seriosly changed :( .
Maveritchell wrote:Nice work! Your interior stuff is all very good and very consistent. My only complaint might be that the textures are pretty low-rez. Where did they come from?
I made screenshots, from YouTube "The Polar Express" gameplay, and that was realy low quality video. :lol:
Maveritchell wrote: I like that you used some verticality in the map to ensure a two-way flow of AI, but I also got the sense that the map cheated a little in terms of spawning AI behind me (even when they didn't have a CP). Either way, it had a good flow for an ostensibly linear map.
Well, I have to somehow remove battle, from middle point, and make all of the interior space envolved in action, so random placed spawn nodes, was looks like a good idea...
Maveritchell wrote: I'm also interested in hearing about how you did your moving terrain. I made a map that was similar, but your technique looks different. It looks like you had a flat model for the base with an animated texture, and your props appeared to be deactivated at the end of the treadmill. Am I near the mark?
It is a scrolling, mixed with emissive (without it, scroling give a "multiply shadow" bug, if you play with shadow quality high). Moving hills, arcs and lamp posts - it's an autoturret ordance, sinchronized with scroling speed.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

sereja2 wrote:Moving hills, arcs and lamp posts - it's an autoturret ordance, sinchronized with scroling speed.
That's really creative! I can't remember - does SWBF1 have procedural animation in ZeroEditor? Either way, I'm surprised you didn't handle it as an animation (model or editor), but I'm impressed by your ingenuity.

As for porting it, you could send it to almost any active SWBF2 modder; porting between games is a no-brainer. SWBF2 supports everything you do in this map (secondaries included). It's true that you can't have a proper melee weapon as a secondary in SWBF2, but SWBF1 melee weapons are really simple - you can emulate them with other kinds of weapons, since they're just one swing animation with a fat hitbox.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

This was totally unexpected, sereja. It's awesome! :shock: I've seen the movie many times, and you've done a really great job capturing the atmosphere. It even has that little campfire on top of one of the cars!
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Thank's! :D
I just love to keep the beauty and style.
Well, I try it for SWBF2, and seems the map look's playable:
Hidden/Spoiler:
But it have some bugs, like most of render effects: specularity or hard edged transparence do not works, or woks incorrect:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
:(
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Behold the work of the great mapper of our time!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You may just need to adjust your transparency flags. Both specularity and hard-edged transparency are supported in SWBF2.

There's a lot of information about SWBF2 material flags here:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24851
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Could you convert this map to Battlefront 2?
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

KeepAmazinn wrote:Could you convert this map to Battlefront 2?
Locutus, may try to convert it, and maybe will release it someday...
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Hey guys,

sorry for my absence. I've been busy with other projects and I'm currently facing a major problem with the ZeroEditor to which I can't find a solution.
Most of the map is already done porting-wise a while ago, if I remember correctly only a couple of weapons are yet to function properly.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Locutus wrote:Hey guys,

sorry for my absence. I've been busy with other projects and I'm currently facing a major problem with the ZeroEditor to which I can't find a solution.
Most of the map is already done porting-wise a while ago, if I remember correctly only a couple of weapons are yet to function properly.
Awesome looks like an amazing map cant wait till your release your port mate!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Hey Sereja2, you making any more Battlefront 1 Mod Maps at all? I am a fan of your NEW and CONVERTED maps that you make! Feel free and take your time on your reply, I am just curious.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Hey Sereja2, you making any more Battlefront 1 Mod Maps at all? I am a fan of your NEW and CONVERTED maps that you make! Feel free and take your time on your reply, I am just curious.
Surely, I am still making a maps. But I have not much free time this days, and many of my unfinished projects stay unfinished. Also I am still have to learning about new things of the modding, so some more improvements could be added in future. Most likely, my next maps, will be "Naboo: Otoh Gunga", or "Kohlma: City of the Dead", so keep watching. :wink: