Graphic Art - Everything Else (II)

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: Graphic Art - Everything Else (II)

Post by Noobasaurus »

Both of these hosts look better than Webs. Well, anything is better. There are a few key features I'm looking for in a website host:
- full page control/customization
- HTML support/integration (like you can make your whole page by doing that or parts of it)
- unlimited pages

It's really just a personal website, so I don't need much. Right now I'm looking for the cheapest host that can get me the features I want. Right now my website is a simple place to find all of the video's I've made, and that's probably what it's going to be for a while. I've got one question though: how doe the website host transferring work? Can I cancel my 2 year thing with Webs and move to a different provider right now? I'm scared to click the transfer button.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Noobasaurus wrote:Both of these hosts look better than Webs. Well, anything is better. There are a few key features I'm looking for in a website host:
- full page control/customization
- HTML support/integration (like you can make your whole page by doing that or parts of it)
- unlimited pages
Those first two are basically every webhost that exists. You can have intermediaries like Wix or Weebly (or Webs) or whatever, which will host your page and ask you for a little extra to use their site creation tools, but even those should give you directory access to let you upload individual html pages. Ideally, just skip a provider that includes "tools" as a big part of its package, and you'll get a good deal. Everyone has a personal preference (I like mine for both hosting and DNS), and you can find thousands of different reviews if you just Google them.

"Unlimited pages" - no one limits by number of pages, just storage space. You can get hosts that give you unlimited space, I'm sure, if that's really what you need. I'd wager, though, that you'd only ever run up on a storage limit if you were hosting large files in addition to hosting webpages.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Webs just sucks then. With the cheapest package, you get 10 pages maximum and some stupid tools where you can drag and drop a place where you can put a custom HTML code. No full page integration/support. With Webs, I really can't customize the layout that much.
Maveritchell wrote:"Unlimited pages" - no one limits by number of pages, just storage space.
Webs has very limited storage space and as mentioned above, 10 pages maximum. It's painful.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Noobasaurus wrote:Ctrl+U ... Not just ideas, code! No one would be the wiser (is that legal?). Now, of course I'm not going to steal the whole website, just bits and pieces so that my website can be cleaner, faster, and look better. I'll be able to find out how they arranged everything in such ways that it appeals to the viewer.
I'm not sure if this is technically illegal. I'm pretty sure 99% of web designers taught themselves using books and checking out other websites' source code. I know that's how I learned most of what I know.
Noobasaurus wrote:Webs just sucks then. With the cheapest package, you get 10 pages maximum and some stupid tools where you can drag and drop a place where you can put a custom HTML code. No full page integration/support. With Webs, I really can't customize the layout that much.
Maveritchell wrote:"Unlimited pages" - no one limits by number of pages, just storage space.
Webs has very limited storage space and as mentioned above, 10 pages maximum. It's painful.
What you're thinking of, and what everyone else is describing are two different types of web hosts. Webs is a web host for beginners, where things are very page-based and theme-based. The rest of the world is very much file-based. While there are page-editors and things like that on other hosts, they're not as common, and probably not nearly as simple as what Webs has. Just a heads up, because I was seeing a disconnect in the type of web host you guys were all talking about :)
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Eat my graphic art. More content coming soon™
Hidden/Spoiler:

EDIT: Refined and added new stuff.
Hidden/Spoiler:
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

omnomnom tasty pixels
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Something I had cooked up for the Designated Days project. Suggestions?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Nice oven!

However, the rocky textures on the top and bottom look a little odd to me. I think that if you just had the Geonosis picture and blurred it on the top and bottom it would look better.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

I actually disagree with him, as the darker color is similar to the black of the stock game.

I do recommend moving the title a bit higher so it isn't quite as flat on the border.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Something I made for AQT's Kashyyyk Depot beta.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Like it :thumbs: do you do art work for any mod?
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

JimmyAngler wrote:Like it :thumbs: do you do art work for any mod?
For any mod I like and/or beta test for usually (for beta's that is where I take background pics of the mod and incorporate it into the cover). I also do ones on request, if you want I could do something for your halo one.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

that'll be great.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

The first picture is a still from something I've been working on. #notaliens
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
UPDATE:

I used the same template that's shown in the picture above, but this time with the base as fire and not water.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The color and shape are completely random, though. And it wasn't even stock footage!

If you want any pictures that you want me to weirdify, send them over.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Hello everyone!

It has been a while, as you may know i left modding and modeling some month if not years ago...

Now my goal is to become a professional concept artist/illustrator. And I decided to create a blog where you could follow this long and wild journey, observe my progress and maybe see the day I will reach my goal.
I started january 1st of 2014, and here's what I have so far (the articles on the homepage are actually the most recent ones, so I suggest you start here:http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/s ... date=false):
Also I warn you, there's some NSFW content since art fundamentals are about studying anatomy, nudes etc
I hope you'll enjoy.

http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII

Post by AcaelusThorne »

Thats really nice Lephenix :)

I recently started to do some banners/wallpapers for Blacklight Retribution, a F2P FPS game you should definetly try out (http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/) (also works without steam ;) ).
I made them for some people on the TS3 server we are on.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Edit: Shame I uploaded them on Photobucket now and they are not HD anymore. :/
Last edited by AcaelusThorne on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

All image links are broken :sad:
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

AcaelusThorne wrote:Thats really nice Lephenix :)
Thank you!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

That's pretty cool AcaelusThorne, I used to play Blacklight: Retribution a lot. Still have it installed. I should pick it back up again. I'm like level 27 or something. Want that LMG Recon so badly.
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII

Post by AcaelusThorne »

THEWULFMAN wrote:That's pretty cool AcaelusThorne, I used to play Blacklight: Retribution a lot. Still have it installed. I should pick it back up again. I'm like level 27 or something. Want that LMG Recon so badly.
I am in the competetive scene in BLR, playing on the turnaments and so on. Mayby we play some time ? ;)

Edit: BTW you can also call me Acaelus or Mr. Thorne people allways tell me how complicated my name is :D