The Clone Wars Season 6 Episode Discussion

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Re: The Clone Wars Season 6 Episode Discussion

Post by Eggman »

I didn't like the first episode of the Clovis arc, but I agree that the other episodes from it were surprisingly good. The show really got into some dark material with Anakin and Padme. I think that was the most development we've ever seen in their relationship beyond "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but let's throw away all our professional responsibilities and get married."

I loved the Yoda arc from beginning to end. Sure, it was a little abstract and outside the normal realm of the Clone Wars, but I enjoy those deviations every now and then - kind of like the Mortis arc. The reasons I liked it were 1.) We see Master Yoda get some significant character development, and 2.) We finally get some answers on one of the gaping plot holes from Revenge of the Sith.

As for the Jar Jar episodes...I actually really enjoyed them. I was shocked to find myself laughing the whole way through. Jar Jar alone would have been miserable, but Jar Jar paired with Mace Windu is hilarious. It's like the most unholy buddy cop team ever concocted...and it's fantastic.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Measuring by a ratio of "what I expected" to "what I got," the Mace/Binks episodes were the best. Jar Jar is an idiot, sure, but he's a good-hearted idiot, and, like Eggman mentioned above, it smacked of the buddy-cop genre.

The stuff with Clovis (which I thought occupied maybe a few too many episodes) were a little unexpected, in that
Hidden/Spoiler:
they somewhat realistically depicted trigger-happy Anakin going into full-bore nearly-abusive-husband mode. I would have liked to see this be stretched out over a few more episodes (it might have been better if Anakin went fight-happy on Clovis in the first episode) so that there could be a little better resolution opportunity for Anakin & Padme at the end. Either way, it was pretty dark, and that meant the bow tied on it felt a little too "just so."
The Yoda stuff was wackadoo. It's pretty clear that the show is going a ways to (re-)introduce a heavy dose of mysticism to the Force, what with the Dathomir arc(s), the Mortis arc, and now this. It was all over the place, with a mystery-heavy first part and then
Hidden/Spoiler:
spiritual journey for Yoda
for the last part.

The final episode was probably the best of that arc, even if they had difficulty pronouncing "Korriban."

The first arc was pretty good too, although it was hurt by knowing that its resolution was going to have zero impact on anyone's knowledge.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The fact that no one can find out about the clones having Order 66 implanted in them means that, basically, Fives and the other guy's death were guaranteed to be meaningless.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I found Yoda to be particularly cute and adorable in his episodes. He hasn't been like this since he was piggybacking on Luke!

Did anyone else find it weird and somewhat creepy when
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jar Jar and Queen Julia shared that kiss? Jar Jar was just so awkward doing it. I never imagined him to be the lover type...
EraOfDesann wrote:and the animation seemed better than ever.
The level of attention to detail went up as well. One instance was when
Hidden/Spoiler:
in the final Clovis episode, Count Dooku was walking to his ship with a bunch of dead clones and droids scattered along his path. There was such a clone slightly in his way, so when he nonchalantly walked by, his right foot gave the clone's head a tiny kick! It was kind of funny.
I like how the latter episodes dealt with story elements that occurred over ten years ago in-universe, and at the same time were introduced in the Prequel Trilogy also over ten years ago. So when characters say things like "all those years ago" and "it's been a long time now since," i don't know about you guys, but I really felt that time passing.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

AQT wrote: I like how the latter episodes dealt with story elements that occurred over ten years ago in-universe, and at the same time were introduced in the Prequel Trilogy also over ten years ago. So when characters say things like "all those years ago" and "it's been a long time now since," i don't know about you guys, but I really felt that time passing.
Wow, I hadn't realized that ROTS was almost 10 years ago. I think it did enhance the gravitas of those revelations.