Sky To Ground Mappack 1 - Naboo, Tatooine and Rhen Var

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Sky To Ground Mappack 1 - Naboo, Tatooine and Rhen Var

Post by thelegend »

Hello Gametoast,

i have made a mappack with three maps. The maps are a bit based on the Space To Ground Mappacks, but with small differences. The biggest different is there is no space..only sky and ground.
There are the three maps: Naboo, Tatooine and Then Var. The maps are big and the battle feelings are very amazing. I have (for example) made the Naboo map so realistic as I can. The City of Theed is on a big Hill, the roofs are reskinned. The palace is solid. The Cis are leaded by Vosa; The Rep. units by Luminara. On Rhen Var Anakin Skywalker leads the Republic Units. The Cis controls this iceplanet. The Empire and the Alliance fight about the control of Tatooine. The airbattle is over Tatooine.
I needed one and a half week for this three maps.
I hope really you enjoy this maps.

The list of bugs are in the ReadMe, but the bugs are not so bad.

LINK: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24110795 ... en+Var.zip

Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_tiKDwhkE

Credits:
-The maps are made by me.
-I have used two sound levels (.lvl) of the Space To Ground mappacks for my maps, because I have tried everything to add the missing flyer sounds...But it never worked.
-The Idea (Space to Ground) and the 2 level.files are by/ made by TheSWBFIII (YT)/ Redline (GT).
-I have used Jaspos Terrain Cutters for Rhen Var.
-The guy who made Luminara and Vosa of the Conversion Pack.

Enjoy^^

EDIT: I think you will need the unofficial 1.3 patch for Naboo.

- "the_legend/ El_Fabricio"
Last edited by thelegend on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: Sky To Ground Mappack 1 - Naboo, Tatooine and Rhen Var

Post by Noobasaurus »

Wow. This looks really awesome. I'm going to download this and play it and see if my friends want to play it with me as well. Great work!
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Wow that looks really nice. The maps seem really detailed. I can only suggest to add directional lightning and then burning the terrain. It is so easy and makes your map look so much better.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

MileHighGuy wrote:I can only suggest to add directional lightning and then burning the terrain. It is so easy and makes your map look so much better.
This. QFT.

Also, I have not yet played it, but are there any decent anti-aircraft options available for the ground units? If not, I'd suggest using the anti-aircraft turrets from Bespin: Platforms, as well as doing something similar to Titanfall and giving all (or at least multiple) classes an anti-aircraft weapon of some sort. If you do decide to do that, I'd suggest increasing the weapon's (or weapons') ordnance velocity so it can actually catch up to the flyers lol, make it the ordnance hits flyers hard (so increased vehicle damage), and increase the lock-on range significantly.

Something else I'd suggest you do is add some skydome models (such as mountains, etc.) as well as vary the terrain around the playing area so the edges of the terrain aren't quite as obvious. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFHyPs63stE
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Thanks. I will do one mappack more. I will add Mustafar, Kashyyyk and maybe Utapau. More reskins, more vehicle, more action. The battle has begun^^
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

These are great! I am very found of the Rhen Var map. The one thing I might suggest is you work a little on the ground section on Tatooine, it seems a little rushed. I hope to see more vehicles (and maybe even some ground anti-aircraft tanks :o )
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

It looks very good, I'm downloading it right now. Are there any AA Turrets? Because that would be awesome. If there aren't, then you can add some in the following Mappack (I guess you'll have a next one because this one is called "Mappack 1")
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Yes. I am working on a second mappack. I will add more vehicles, turrets, more reskinns. I do the maps Coruscant, Kashyyyk and Mustafar. Mustafar would be nice, because I will add GCW, but with droids from the CIS. Like in the campaign mode.

I will try to add AA turetts. What ever "AA turrets" mean xD
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

thelegend wrote:I will try to add AA turetts. What ever "AA turrets" mean xD
Anti-aircraft.