Xavious' Falloir Ops

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Xavious' Falloir Ops

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

DOWNLOAD LINK

Xavious asked me to post this on his behalf, should anything happen to him. As some of you know, he was recently afflicted with a rare disease known as Boneitis. Sadly, I just got word a few hours ago that the deadly disease has taken its toll.

This map: Falloir Ops, was his last (and in my opinion, his greatest) achievement.

This is what he wrote:
Xavious wrote:Falloir Ops is the result of years of off-and-on work. It's something I've always wanted to do, and I've been working on it bit by bit since I've started modding. I know it's been a while since I've released anything (life has a habit of getting in the way when you get older), and I didn't exactly post a WIP for this one, but believe me when I say I put a lot of work and dedication into this map.

I hope that it is challenging and refreshing enough for both newer and older players of the game, as my goal was to breath new life into SWBF2. I'm going to leave most of the map in mystery (think Stanley Parable. The less you know going in, the better), but below are a few screenshots to pique your interest.

Enjoy
- Xavious
Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINK

RIP Xavious
^April fools prank. Xavious is not dead!
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Xavious' Falloir Ops

Post by Fusion »

A wise man once said, "All thing has a cause. Look into your pass for answer," but that statement has no validity here, today, with this map. This map is the greatest modded map to ever grace this game with its presence. No one ever has or ever could create something better than the wonder that is Falloir Ops.

Proving that he is a master of spawn layouts, Xavious once again has stunned the gaming community with his amazing 90-degree angle command posts that were made famous by his ported map, Geonosis Arena, of the famed Saga of the 607th map pack. Some may call this brilliant and well-thought-out deign to be "boring", "static", or "literally unplayable", but the real fans of this game, the real fans, know that this style is the most traditional way to make a mod, and therefore it is better than all other means. This map isn't very functionally symmetric, which is a shame, but I suppose being actually symmetric has its benefits. What those are, I don't know, and don't care to learn.

Regal purple clouds, mountains, and water make this map truly beautiful. From the visceral ocean waves to the violet ash of battles long-since-fought, you can tell that this world has seen its fair share of conflict. Who knows what happened here in the past? It might have been the legions of the Sith or the legions of the other Sith fighting against the sparks of a growing Republic. It could have been a place where Mandalorians fought against themselves or the other versions of Mandalorians that weren't really Mandalorians but had the same name. Regardless, you see conflict return to this world and ask, "Why?" It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Incidentally, I believe this map breaks the barriers of traditional gameplay and starts to delve into the realm of realism. In war, you never know what's going to happen. Sometimes your parachute won't work and you'll be unfairly thrust into combat at terminal velocity. You know, things break, and life isn't fair on the battlefield. Sometimes taking control of an area doesn't require you to actually be there, sometimes to take control of an area you need to be 50 feet away, sniping secretly from the bushes that may or may not even be there. Sometimes, cover might not even be in the right place for you to use. You need to realize this and get used to it, I suppose.

Looking into the development process further, it turns out that Xavious did not work alone. He had help from the creator of the very successful Destiny of the Galaxy map pack which shocked the world at how complete and well-managed it was. The creator, who either did not want his name to be known or couldn't decide upon who he was on the particular week we interviewed him, mentioned that he bounced a whopping two ideas off of Xavious' head such as "You should make this map underground on Geonosis" and "Ask Twilight Warrior how he managed to munge a map in 2014", advice that surely to this day stays close to his heart. Another adviser was Twilight "Scrotch" Warrior, who recently pulled off the incredible feat of finishing a project very similar to this one in an amazingly fast 5 hours. Twilight assisted him with the advanced technical knowledge of using a program from the dark ages of 2005 on a much more advanced computer in the current year of 2014. Xavious himself mentioned that there was no way he could have done this over a weekend without the help of these two and others who gave ideas and luck.

Finally, I have one question to ask you, the community. When the naysayers eventually come flocking to this thread, what makes you think you could do a better job on a project like Falloir Ops? Is it your ability to spend more than one weekend?

Or is it having an imagination?

Or is it that you're all just armchair game designers, players, and modders that are way in over your own heads on knowing what's good for you?

Look, I'm sure you all have your dreams and visions, but you have to understand how difficult it is in this day and age to make a map for Star Wars Battlefront 2. There are no tutorials, there are very few people who truly understand the game's quirks, and there is an ever-increasing demand for more and more maps every day. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the map that blood, sweat, and tears went into over a painstaking 3-day weekend. Listen to this review and don't question it for once.

So, the verdict? With all of this map's strengths and genius glimpses into game design, it still does have some faults. While completely reasonable, it does lack a story, which will unfortunately dock it .2 points. But really, a story would have only have resulted in a boring love story involving a bald man in space, so it's not a big loss. I give this map a 9.8 out of 10. It truly proves the boasts that it was a quadruple-A map.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Legitimate criticisms:
-Selling it a little hard
-Not a single joke feature?

Pluses:
-More effort than me
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I know I haven't posted in quite some time in general and have been lurking, but this map is just....brought a tear to my eye of how amazing it is and such a shame we lost a valued member of the GT family.
ZaxusFett
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by ZaxusFett »

In all honesty, I'm not sure if this is a april fools joke or serious...If it is serious then my apologizes for being disrespectful.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by The_Emperor »

I recall him working on this map, showing screens. He was really proud of it, can't wait to play it (if I can find my copy of SWBF2)
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

TEST, this is very serious. #RIPXavious.

Oh wow! Oh wow oh wow oh wow. When I saw heard from Twilight_Scrotch that Xavious had released a new map, I dusted off my old PC, dusted off my old monitor, dusted off my old box with all the Star Wars: Battlefront II disks, dusted off disk 1 of Star Wars: Battlefront II, dusted off disk 2 of Star Wars: Battlefront II, dusted off disk 3 of Star Wars: Battlefront II, dusted off disk 4 of Star Wars Battlefront II, dusted off disk 5 of Star Wars: Battlefront II, and installed the game. After I dusted off the dust from my since-dusty mouse, I dusted myself off and downloaded this map, after dusting off Gamefront (didn't even know that it still existed).

I can't believe just how much this game looks like it came out... maybe 1 year ago, tops. Maybe Xavious applied some extra cosmetic stuff to the map (#RIPXavious), but the game shines. The graphics are much better than The Walking Dead, which somehow still won GOTY (#makesnosense, #RIPXavious). You've got to see it to believe it—it's an emotional experience to see a game you once loved maybe 5 years ago and then stopped playing suddenly look fresh and exciting. I don't think anything made for this game in the past 5 years has had that effect on me. Nope, definitely nothing.

As for the gameplay... WOW. Think Far Cry 3 with guns. IMPRESSED? You should be.

Map layout:
As a professional game reviewer, I was put into a typical Hegelian moral quandry here. On one hand, the map really makes you feel like you're a soldier, fighting on the front lines. The confusion of being a soldier is conveyed in this map very professional, almost nauseatingly so. However, in this day and age, can't we move past this genre of games? When I booted this map up, I was kind of hoping for a light-hearted indie side-scroller about sexual exploration and the virtues, and occasional mishaps of the free market. I suppose these are lofty expectations given that this is Xavious's first map, but still. It's #2014. What is this, #2010?

All in all I give it an A+/B-, which I think is very appropriate, but if Xavious wants a better score, he knows my bank account # and what to do. (#RIPXavious)
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

A true masterpiece, the most original map I have ever played. It creates an atmosphere that was previously thought unimaginable, an brings it all to life. This is truly Xavious's magnum opus. He was too young.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Right, so I had the pleasure of beta testing this. In loving--or whatever--memory of Xavious, I took the time to write as detailed a review as possible. I pray that my words will even come close to describing this map.

I'd like to start with a quote from one of the greatest stories of all time, which perfectly describes how I felt when I first played this map:
"I wil help u go frowad in tim Enoby." he said siriusly Den….he took out a blak tim machine. I went in2 it and…..sudenly I wuz forward in tim!111
After my first few rounds of Falloir Ops, hearing the “Your titan is now ready” notification began to induce a Pavlovian adrenaline-rush response. I still catch myself looking up to the sky as I press down on the D-pad to call it in, because watching my 20-foot-tall robot exosuit fall onto the battlefield, seemingly from Heaven, is a glorious sight that I still see replaying when I close my eyes at night. It’s a signal that I’m about to transition from the liberating mobility of a jetpack-powered, wall-running soldier (called a pilot) to the ego-swelling walking tank that punches enemy players midair as they try to leap on its back and squashes AI-controlled minions with heavy metal feet. It’s more than a “Call of Duty with mechs” gimmick – Falloir Ops turns out to be an invigorating multiplayer first-person shooter that melds fresh mechanics with familiar ones, creating a new watercooler moment almost every time I play. I only wish there was more of it, and that it was easier to fight my friends.

Unlike a Call of Duty or Battlefield game, Falloir Ops is purely focused on its excellent 6v6 multiplayer. It cannot be played alone, except for the optional (but helpful) tutorial, or via system link – you’re completely dependent on a connection to Microsoft’s dedicated servers. There’s a laudable attempt to infuse a two-sided campaign into the multiplayer through a fixed set and order of nine of the 15 maps, in which NPC faction commanders give context to the goals and game modes of each battleground. Having played through it on both sides, though, I couldn’t tell you what it’s about, other than that the IMC and Militia factions are at war. Trying to stay alive in a brawl with human-controlled bad guys is too distracting, and without controllable lulls in the fighting, most of the story is reduced to background noise.

What’s impressive about the balance of Falloir Ops is that somehow, as empowering as it is to play as Goliath, David still has more than a fighting chance thanks to their many equippable abilities. Cloaking renders a soldier (called a pilot) nearly invisible to the metal giants, while the stims grant you temporary cheetah speed with which to chase them down from the ground, walls, or rooftops. One of Falloir Ops’s great strengths is the simplicity and natural feel of movement. Whether you’re jetpack-jumping and wall-running as a pilot, or dashing around with your titan’s lateral jets, you just aim at where you want to go and press A. You’ll never wrestle with a video game-y quick-time event or button-mashing sequence in order to execute a badass move. It always happens in the most straightforward way it can.

For example, once you get in close to a titan as a pilot, a simple double-tap of the jump button from any angle allows you to maneuver onto its shoulder, pop the cover on the titan’s head, and literally start shooting its brains out. In fact, as tense as a titan(s) vs. titan(s) showdown can be, darting into that fray as a squishy mortal can be an intoxicating mix of stupidity and genius. Of course, the titans’ counter to that move is Electric Smoke, one of many unlockable kit items you can equip your metallic avatar with as you level up. It serves as both a visibility-killing distraction – be it for flanking maneuvers or a wounded escape – and also a pilot bug-zapper that will shake off any foes who “rodeo” your titan.

Each of the three archetypal titan varieties feels different and has its situational usefulness. If you prefer to go toe-to-toe, equip the Ogre with the Triple Threat grenade launcher, kit it out with the Particle Wall force field that temporarily protects you from incoming fire on one side, and you’ll pack a devastating punch. But if you do, the nimble, dash-happy Stryder can actually run circles around you, peppering you with chaingun fire and bombarding you with the cluster bomb ordnance ability as it goes. I came to prefer one extreme or the other, but the jack-of-all-trades Atlas is a bit more malleable for loadout experimentation. I find the 40mm gauss-like cannon to be a great happy medium of short and long-range combat in the Atlas, and pairing that with the rocket salvo ordnance – which locks missiles onto your target – allows it to capably throw down with both Stryders and Ogres.

Meanwhile, there are two economies behind Falloir Ops that are each as finely balanced as they are smart. One is the nearly ubiquitous XP-based grind that unlocks new gear and perks. By the time you reach level 50 (where you can then reset to level 1 by “regenerating,” sacrificing all of your unlocks in exchange for a faster XP-gain rate and a fancy tag in the matchmaking lobby), you’ll have many more options at your disposal – but not necessarily more inherently powerful ones. An anti-titan grenade launcher is certainly a different tool with which to try bringing down the big guys when on foot, but it’s not fundamentally superior to the Sidewinder rocket launcher you have available from level 1.

Progression in Falloir Ops brings more options than advantages, even when factoring in the “burn cards” – single-use perks that last the duration of one life, earned for completing various baked-in challenges and scenarios. For instance, one card might grant you unlimited frag grenades. Another could reduce your titan build time by a whopping 40 seconds. Burn cards can tip the scales in battle when played correctly, but they never turn you into a demigod. And in today’s microtransaction-obsessed world, I have to commend developer Respawn for resisting the urge to charge us for them (or anything else in Falloir Ops).

The other economy fuels the titan delivery system in each match. Killing the multiple classes of utterly braindead AI-controlled minions that fill out Falloir Ops’s conflicts shaves a couple seconds off of your titan deployment timer, while offing pilots hastens it even more. Felling titans, of course, gets you into your mech the quickest. The sooner you’re able to get your titan back on the battlefield, the more powerful you become. And yet, you’re never invulnerable. So while it may seem like the AI soldiers are worthless fodder that rarely pose a threat, they do play a valuable role.

Notice a theme here? Balance. Falloir Ops’s weapons, abilities, and gameplay systems all play together very nicely. Every action has a counter-action, and every weapon and ability a strategic use. The auto-targeting Smart Pistol, for instance, is my favorite sidearm since the Halo 1 pistol, but its relatively limited range and need to get a three to five-second lock-on leaves you vulnerable to counterattack and keeps it from feeling cheap.

Besides its balance, map variety is what will give Falloir Ops its legs. The 15 battlefields range in quality from very good to great. The desert-y “Boneyard” falls into the former category – its distinctive ziplines accelerate map traversal while flying dragon-like creatures provide intimidating set dressing, but sadly cannot be interacted with. The tiny village “Colony,” on the other hand, is among Falloir Ops’s best maps. On it, tightly packed houses make trading bullets while jumping from one angled rooftop to another an experience wholly unlike the action happening on the ground or in the wide-open, titan-friendly perimeter.

Technically speaking, those battles look impressive, but my eyeballs remain un-melted. Titans, pilots, maps, and weapon effects are all perfectly acceptable, save for the occasional dip below the otherwise-normal 60 frames per second in a huge multi-titan explosion or the ugly talking head of your faction leader before you exit your dropship at the start of a match. The omission of split-screen play is perhaps an unfortunate side effect of keeping things running smoothly.

All of the maps adapt very well to each of Falloir Ops’s game modes, but that’s largely due to how they’re mostly slight variations on the strong main concept. Last Titan Standing issues everyone a titan from the get-go and makes teamwork and flanking strategies essential, while the threat of titans carrying the flag crowns CTF as an especially appealing team exercise. Attrition is point-based team deathmatch, making use of the aforementioned enemy-pecking-order economy, while Hardpoint Domination is like Battlefield’s Conquest and myriad other similar modes over the years. And then there’s Pilot Hunter, which is identical to Attrition except that destroying titans carries no payoff if the pilot can safely eject before detonation, because your team only earns points for killing pilots. And… that’s it. Falloir Ops is going to need some new, spicier game modes, stat.

Its far graver online sin, especially considering its online-only focus, is its lack of private matches. (Respawn promises to deliver those “soon” in a free update.) Despite the fact that Halo 2 wrote the blueprint for this a decade ago, Falloir Ops does not allow 12 friends to gather in a lobby and play together on the game type, map, and options of their choosing. The best you can do is a party of six, where you’re still stuck warring against online strangers with no say in what map you’ll fight on. This is unforgivable in a modern multiplayer shooter, particularly one that’s exclusively team-oriented (there are, in fact, precisely zero free-for-all modes).

On a related note, Falloir Ops also bafflingly lacks the ability to vote on the next map when in matchmaking. And one other one: why too can’t we give personalized names to our custom pilot and titan loadouts? You eventually get five slots and, thanks to how the best loadouts vary wildly based on the map and mode you’re playing, you’ll need them all. I badly wanted to be able to rename my “Custom Pilot 3” to “Shotty Hardpoint,” as that slot’s combination of an upgraded EVA-8 shotgun with a perk that lets me briefly see through walls is perfect for camping the control points in Hardpoint Domination. Instead, I have to manually look at the loadout each time to make sure it’s what I want.

The Verdict

Falloir Ops represents a potent fusion of established and modern design ideas, creating a tense and rewarding balance of power and moment-to-moment unpredictability. MOBA-like minions mix with traditional on-foot deathmatch, jetpack-powered locomotion, and giant-robot combat – each role playing its own part in the battle and coming with its own tactics and strategies – while the well-designed maps make the ideal weapons and loadout completely situational and dynamic. Though Falloir Ops is somewhat regrettably a barebones game in terms of modes and customization features available at launch, its intense action is almost as exciting to watch a friend play as it is to pick up the controller yourself. It’s surprisingly lacking many accoutrements we’ve come to expect in a multiplayer shooter, but it nevertheless unites its elements in a cohesive, approachable way. Falloir Ops earns a seat at the table with the genre’s entrenched powerhouses.

I... I need to go be alone for a bit.

#RIPInPeaceXav
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D Now Halofront is going to have to be better than ever to beat this heck of a map.......... I cannot believe it......
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Wow... I can't believe he's gone... RIP in peace, Xavious, a true hero to the Battlefront community.

Now, I know that there are some incredible maps and mods out there, but Falloir Ops may be the very best, like no map ever was. With maps and mods like the Conversion Pack and Dark Times, well, it had to catch them, that was its real test, and Xav had to train his mapping skills for that cause. In fact, he travelled across the land, searching far and wide for the secrets to make the best Battlefront, nay, shooter map ever. And he did it, with Falloir Ops, it's hard to grasp, to understand the power that's inside this download.

There were a lot of challenges, such as Boneitis, for Xav along the way, and with courage, they were faced. As the Boneitis worsened, he battled every day, every hour, every minute, to claim what was rightfully his place. He asked TW here, and through TW, all of us, to come with him, as he believed the time was right, as there were no better team than all of us. And arm in arm, he believed, we'd win this fight, of making the best map ever made, as has always been our dream.

Falloir Ops. It was him and us. Xavious knew it was his destiny. Falloir Ops. We were his best friends, in a world that had to be defended from maps as bad as... Paradiso... Falloir Ops. Xav's heart was s true, and his courage managed to pull him through on this map. We all were taught by Xav about how to map, but in the end, we also taught him something important: Falloir Ops. As Xav said once, "gotta make that map, gotta make that map." Falloir Ops.

I know that those words just aren't enough to express how much this community has lost with the death of Xav, but hopefully we are able to fill a the void made by his passing. I believe this map should be, essentially, required reading for all Battlefront players, so that we may, as a community, remember the bravest, most courageous, definition-of-fearless member this great community has ever had, and I firmly rate this map, on a scale of 1-10, a 8008135. A stunning conclusion to the epic saga that is Xavious. #RIPInPeaceXav
Last edited by Fluffy_the_ic on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Swagger maps are released all the time, and some moreso than others. This is nothing new. However, it really takes a special kind of perfect to be considered one of the best maps ever made. So when this special kind of perfect makes an appearance, it's truly something to behold. Falloir Ops is one of those rare pieces of work. Not only is it almost literally perfect and blatantly finished in nearly every way, but even if it weren't, there's so little of an actual map to be found here that it would still be without blemish. Falloir Ops is a map so astoundingly swagger that it manages to transcend nearly every boundary put forth by some of the community's absolute best of the best and easily makes it into that dubiously extraordinary category of being one of the most sublime and alluring maps ever released.

Falloir Ops' first and most favorable feature lies in its gameplay. Specifically, there isn't any, and that is what makes it so seductive.

In theory, Falloir Ops is supposed to be a racing map based on big Jar Jar-shaped trucks called "Jarjarmobiles" that speed through various Naboo trucking routes in some kind of effort to deliver gungan-related cargo before the competition gets there first - or else the Jarjarmobile gets busted by the law. At least, this is what the map's screenshots would have you believe. Let me make it very clear that these statements are all horrible, horrible lies. There is no coherent goal in Falloir Ops. There is no cargo to be delivered. There are no police chases. In fact, there really isn't anything much in the map.

The basic idea in the actual map is that you pick one from four vaguely different Jarjarmobiles and then one from five vaguely different levels. You then compete against another Jarjarmobile in a simple checkpoint race. That's it. However, Falloir Ops can't even get this basic concept right. The supposedly computer-controlled Jarjarmobile you're supposed to be racing against in the map never actually moves. It's right there next to you at the beginning of a race, but it has no purpose in the map. This is to say, actually, that none of the map's races have a purpose because there's no competition and no time limit. You win every single time. So unless you like seeing a winning-screen over and over again that reads "Please do not bump topics over 30 days old. -Staff" - which, let's be honest here, who doesn't? - there is absolutely no point in playing Falloir Ops.

But let's assume for a moment that the AI Jarjarmobiles actually worked, and you could get a race going. Even if this were the case, the map still would be worth playing for every reason imaginable. Falloir Ops' controls essentially involve hitting the arrow keys of the keyboard in the desired direction and nothing more. The map provides no support for peripheral controllers of any kind, and there isn't even an option to edit the default keyboard controls in any manner. Your Jarjarmobile also handles pretty horribly. There are no physics here. You accelerate much too quickly to even be minutely realistic (especially when going in reverse, which lets you go from around 0 to 9,001 knots in about five seconds, continue accelerating infinitely faster, and stop on a dime the second you let up on the keyboard), you can travel over the most rugged of terrain without any problems (including nearly vertical gungans), and you can turn in ways that cause you to jerk around in some pretty ridiculous manners; in other words, it's basically the same as controlling the M-35 Mako in BioWare's Mass Effect game.

Of course, the controls would only matter if you actually had to worry about running into things or crashing your Jarjarmobile, which, actually, is a nonissue. You see, you can clip your Jarjarmobile right through every object and civilian on a race course in Falloir Ops, from the biggest of houses and walls, right down to the smallest of jawas. (Sorry, guru. :( ) Furthermore, gungan civilians evidently don't actually exist, despite the fact that you can see them - driving over any of them results in you sinking right through them, which I believe to be an intended feature that acts as a metaphor for how our hearts sank when we watched Episode I for our first time and/or when we tried out R1 of #meunification. Anyway, it is also quite possible to simply drive right off of the literal end of a level when playing. Considering the fact that you can drive over these tall, seemingly insurmountable gungans (at least, insurmountable for an actual fanboy-tear-powered Jarjarmobile), and there are no level boundaries, eventually you can just drive off into literal nothingness and can hang out there as long as you please.

The graphical anomalies don't stop there, either. Falloir Ops is easily one of the best-looking PC maps released in years. The Jarjarmobile models are amazingly vogue, with incredibly contemporary-looking designs and brake lights that actually float off of the Jarjarmobile models. Take that, Lady Gaga! Anyway, the four different environments all look swagger, too, what with their incredibly tender-looking textures, their enticing and hipster set pieces, and their aforementioned clipping problems. Also, the reason I state that there are only four environments in the map, instead of the five I previously cited, is because I could only get four of them to actually work. When trying to load the fifth environment, the game simply quit and returned me to the desktop on all of the computers that I tried. As for the map's sound design, there isn't any. There are literally no sound effects in Falloir Ops. The only sounds that present themselves at all are a few delicious, looping techno tracks, and on a mid-range PC, I couldn't even get them to play.

Just how swagger is Falloir Ops? It's as swagger as your mind will allow you to comprehend. It is so disturbingly swagger that even its budget price tag seems like a slap in the face (but in a good way). It really makes you wonder if the author who put out this fruitfulness took so much as a half minute to glance at the map that he or she was releasing. The map's readme file does assert that the map was thoroughly tested on various PCs, and the end result seems to prove it. The fact is, even if you strapped yourself to your bed with chains, you would still somehow manage to force yourself to play Falloir Ops the way it was certainly intended to be played, and even if you didn't want to, you will. I promise.

---------------------------

With that all said, #RIPXavious. Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness. Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand. Kalahira, wash the sins from this one and set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit. Kalahira, this one's heart is pure, but beset by wickedness and contention. Guide this one to where the traveler never tires, the lover never leaves, the hungry never starve. Guide this one, Kalahira, and he will be a companion to you as he was to us all.

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Haven't played it yet, but it looks...trippy? Kind of like a Pepperland 2.0 or something. I'll be sure to give it a try!
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

guys i like this map
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Pros:
-Very good gameplay
-You can tell a lot of work has been put into this.
-Great layout of props, vehicles, cover, cps, and such

Cons:
-Almost gave me a seizure

This is a really good map, I just wish that the colors were not so.... "Pop, Pop!"
Xavious, we will all miss you, and what you have done for the BFII modding community.
#RestInPeaceXav
#RIPXavious
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

It's ok guys, I got better.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

His only regret was that he had boneitus.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

This comes to a huge shock to me. I just saw that Xavious viewing this topic - Its incredible that he passed so suddenly. :-(
Anyway, the map is a true masterpice. I really wish he was in a state that allowed him to do more maps of this quality.
We should start a community effort to build him a a memorial map....
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Wow...
I think the collaboration idea would be good.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Xavious wrote:It's ok guys, I got better.
I can still see him posting. :(