Belsavis

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Belsavis

Post by ZoomV »

Alright as a avid SWTOR fan I decided to create a Belsavis (favorite planet) for battlefront

Backstory: Republic discovers CIS has made a prison on the ancient world of belsavis. The 41st Elite are sent to break open the secret prison, only to discover that Belsavis is far less hospitable than first thought....

Screenies of current map progress
Hidden/Spoiler:
For those that do not know what Belsavis is
Hidden/Spoiler:
Units
Republic:
  1. Rifleman
  2. Heavy
  3. Engineer
  4. Sniper
  5. Officer
  6. Recon commando
  7. ARC trooper
CIS:
  1. Rifleman (B-1)
  2. Heavy
  3. Engineer
  4. Sniper
  5. B-2 Super battledroid
  6. BX Series Commando
  7. Droideka
Tanks:
  • AATx2
  • STAP x2
  • Barcspeeder x2
  • IFT-X x2*
*may replace the twin IFT-X with a single no-spawn AT-TE

TODO list:
  • Create map (I'm gonna procrastinate till the end of time on this one)
  • fix sounds so that the staps and AATs are not so stealthy. (this is driving me crazy)
  • clean up all the extra stuff so that the mod doesn't take up so much storage (500 mb atm)
  • clean up the sky. I am using Mygeeto's for now, but I'm thinking about switching to another skydome in the future.
Credits:
From Majin Revan's Clone Commando Source files:
  • Clone Commando model created by NeoMarz and converted by Teancum and Vyse.
  • Dragonum's DC-15s model
  • Qdin's DC-17 model
Also the skin for the Commander seen in the first sreenie is a modified version of a skin I got from a skinpack whose origin and readme file where lost two computers and a external hard drive ago. If anyone recognizes it please let me know.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Belsavis

Post by Kingpin »

Ha. I was just starting work on a Belsavis map, too *changes ground textures and calls it Telos*.

As a fan of the game, this looks amazing! You really re-created the feel of the prison planet in the game. The sky and textures are great. The only thing I would suggest is you maybe try and incorporate the Felucia props a bit more, they seem kinda off. Otherwise, looks be-u-ti-ful!
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

ZoomV wrote:Alright as a avid SWTOR fan I decided to create a Belsavis (favorite planet) for battlefront

Backstory: Republic discovers CIS has made a prison on the ancient world of belsavis. The 41st Elite are sent to break open the secret prison, only to discover that Belsavis is far less hospitable than first thought....

Screenies of current map progress
Hidden/Spoiler:
For those that do not know what Belsavis is
Hidden/Spoiler:
Units
Republic:
  1. Rifleman
  2. Heavy
  3. Engineer
  4. Sniper
  5. Officer
  6. Recon commando
  7. ARC trooper
CIS:
  1. Rifleman (B-1)
  2. Heavy
  3. Engineer
  4. Sniper
  5. B-2 Super battledroid
  6. BX Series Commando
  7. Droideka
Tanks:
  • AATx2
  • STAP x2
  • Barcspeeder x2
  • IFT-X x2*
*may replace the twin IFT-X with a single no-spawn AT-TE
Looks neat! I'd also like to see an actual SWTOR era/mode in there. (Also a player. :))
ZoomV wrote: Credits:
From Majin Revan's Clone Commando Source files:
  • Clone Commando model created by NeoMarz and converted by Teancum and Vyse.
  • Dragonum's DC-15s model
  • Qdin's DC-17 model
Also the skin for the Commander seen in the first sreenie is a modified version of a skin I got from a skinpack whose origin and readme file where lost two computers and a external hard drive ago. If anyone recognizes it please let me know.
I think that's Icemember's.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

Kingpin wrote:Ha. I was just starting work on a Belsavis map, too *changes ground textures and calls it Telos*.

As a fan of the game, this looks amazing! You really re-created the feel of the prison planet in the game. The sky and textures are great. The only thing I would suggest is you maybe try and incorporate the Felucia props a bit more, they seem kinda off. Otherwise, looks be-u-ti-ful!
The issue I am having with the flora is that I'm no modeler I don't have the software or the skills to do so. Because of that I've been at the mercy of preexisting assets and neither battlefront seems to have trees like Belsavis's so I went with Felucia assets so I could at least capture the exotic element. This also came back and bit me when it came to creating the roads (see second sreenshot.) Maybe someone will post some models that would work better. *hint hint, nudge nudge*
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

LRKfm946
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Battlefront II Hunger Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 BF3

Post by LRKfm946 »

ZoomV wrote:The issue I am having with the flora is that I'm no modeler I don't have the software or the skills to do so. Because of that I've been at the mercy of preexisting assets and neither battlefront seems to have trees like Belsavis's so I went with Felucia assets so I could at least capture the exotic element. This also came back and bit me when it came to creating the roads (see second sreenshot.) Maybe someone will post some models that would work better. *hint hint, nudge nudge*
I think you'll find some pretty useful models in Sky's model packs and Malastare assets. Some of them might need some reskinning to fit your environment.

Malastare - http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28076
Sky's model packs, as well as tons of others, are in this thread under "Prop Assets" - http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12991
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

I would also recommend editing the skins of the mygeeto props to fit the references, maybe a bit of a brownish tint? A simple colorize should really take care of that in GIMP.

Oh yeah, and the map looks great!
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

Did some more work on it, been playing around with the lighting to try and get the right feel.

Once I get the sound up and functioning I'm thinking about maybe getting some beta testing going so I can get some feedback on the not just the map appearance but the gameplay as well.

That sound like a plan?
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Did Delta ever release scripts for compatibility with his TOR mod? I have the sinking suspicion that he didn't, but if he did, you should definitely see if you can add it to your map.

Beta testing would also be a great idea.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

Right now my big thing is trying to get the sounds working for the tanks, fortunately the fel1 sound file provided me with all the other sounds including the foley, ambient, and acklay sounds.
However the tanks are still giving me grief.
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... 68#p503268
yuke5 wrote:Did Delta ever release scripts for compatibility with his TOR mod? I have the sinking suspicion that he didn't, but if he did, you should definitely see if you can add it to your map.
I didn't even know of any TOR mods to begin with. link?

EDIT
Progress:
  • The rock arches no longer think they are on tatooine and now match their peers.
  • The 41st has cut back on the number of officers they field at a given time.
  • A few shrubs have been cured of their bad case of floating prop disease.
  • Assault Droids and Heavy Troopers now know that their main weapon is called a Concussion Grenade Launcher and not a Weap_inf_tdestroyer
  • Clone Engineers have now earned the name of Engineer, and are no longer called 0x
TODO:
  • Repaint wall and buildings to match local décor policy
  • Remove the illegal silencer from all vehicle weapons and engines
  • Survey a proper map for navigation
Current Fortifications
Hidden/Spoiler:
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

This map looks FANTASTIC, but I would reskin most of the props used so they go with the environment, just a thought to consider. Other then that this just might make it to my growing Battlefront 2 Mod Collection!

EDIT: I would also be interested in beta testing this map if you really needed people to do that. I am a big fan of tracking down any problems I see so I can help you improve your map!
Last edited by MikeTheBeast55 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

yuke5 wrote:Did Delta ever release scripts for compatibility with his TOR mod? I have the sinking suspicion that he didn't, but if he did, you should definitely see if you can add it to your map.
All you'd need to do is look in the mission.lvl and see what the classes are named. You could probably use the BFX scripts as a base. Of course you'd still need permission from delta to use the sides.
MikeTheBeast55 wrote: I didn't even know of any TOR mods to begin with. link?
Here's the mod yuke's talking about: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28258
Though it wouldn't be that hard to make your own.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

commanderawesome wrote:
All you'd need to do is look in the mission.lvl and see what the classes are named. You could probably use the BFX scripts as a base. Of course you'd still need permission from delta to use the sides.
Eh, I already have my own custom sides and weapons that I'm rather fond of, but I could probably use some feedback on those.

However interestingly enough it looks like his stuff is all reskinns of existing models. He is using stormtrooper models for the Master Striker armor, Heavy trooper model for imperial troopers, and visored ep3 clones for generic cinematic soldier. Ironically I had theorized about using the same models for the same purpose but it looks like Delta beat me to the punch by like a year and a half.

I actually could probably pull it off myself with my own skinning particularly since I can follow Delta's credits for all the models. Maybe for future versions.

Moving on

I think I might be able to get a beta version up by the weekend hopefully, anyone willing to be a tester?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I might be able to find some time to test. :o
zwyx1234
Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Insurgency

Post by zwyx1234 »

Sure, I can beta test. If you would like custom models, I could make some for you as well. Just let me know if your interested.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I am interested in testing as well. :D
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

When three people sign up for beta testing within 2 minutes of each other you know its time to accelerate your plans.
zwyx1234 wrote:If you would like custom models, I could make some for you as well. Just let me know if your interested.
With the map so late in development, and most of it finalized I don't know if I'm going to be able to use you, perhaps for a future v2.
That said if somebody made some tree and root models like this.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I might be bribed into accommodating them.
zwyx1234
Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Insurgency

Post by zwyx1234 »

I'll make that tree for you. It shouldnt take me *too* long.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

I'd be happy to beta test. Also, I can send you my Mod Team's files for our ToR Sith Units, but I'll have to ask permission first. We made about 20 Sith and working on a MErc side.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

ZoomV wrote:
commanderawesome wrote:
Eh, I already have my own custom sides and weapons that I'm rather fond of, but I could probably use some feedback on those.

However interestingly enough it looks like his stuff is all reskinns of existing models. He is using stormtrooper models for the Master Striker armor, Heavy trooper model for imperial troopers, and visored ep3 clones for generic cinematic soldier. Ironically I had theorized about using the same models for the same purpose but it looks like Delta beat me to the punch by like a year and a half.

I actually could probably pull it off myself with my own skinning particularly since I can follow Delta's credits for all the models. Maybe for future versions.

Moving on

I think I might be able to get a beta version up by the weekend hopefully, anyone willing to be a tester?
I kinda meant as a different era. Like like your clone wars sides, too.

Also, i'd like to beta test.