Lacedaemonios ortum Alpha (Build 0504/01)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Lacedaemonios ortum Alpha (Build 0504/01)

Post by JimmyAngler »

Lacedaemonios ortum (Rise of the Spartans) ALPHA IS OUT!

The story is, when I began modding, many fellow modders gave me some of their Halo assets. None of them are going to be in the final release, so I decided to show off their work by compiling a lot of their stuff into one alpha. Thank you AQT for the Blood Gulch Map! Thank you willinator for the Elites! Thank you THEWULFMAN for the weapon icon help! Thank you Nedarb7 for the Sniper Scope! Thank you Marth8880 for telling me what everything does and how to do it!

Hope You Guys Enjoy!
Thanks for all the great assets guys. I hope you enjoy seeing some of you work!

LINKO

ReadMe:
Hidden/Spoiler:
--------------Star Wars HaloFront Alpha Version------------
TITLE: lacedaemonios-ortum-rise-of-the-spartans (build 0504/01)
Beta Release Date: May 4, 2014
WEBSITE: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lacedaemonios ... e-spartans

THE STORY: 4/27/14
Back in early 2013I began the process of modding for BF2. After the Mass Effect Mod came out, I told myself, "Wow, this is a whole new world to BattleFront." Because MEU was all third person, I decided I wanted to make something in the all-famous First person. I chose none other than the beloved HALO series.
I quickly went about modeling many weapons and becoming aquainted with modding and 3d. I found a very good texture artist who dedicatedly brought my models to life.
A fellow GT modder, AQT, had worked on a halo map in the past (as well as many others) but did not release it due to unkown bugs that kept crashing the map.
I told him of my idea for a halo mod, and he generously donated all of his progress of his previous work to halofront. Thanks to him, we have a blood gulch map.
Another GT modder gave me some models of his elites. Though not HALO 4 based, they were perfect for a beta.
After that, quite a few others began giving me some odds and ends for the mod. To show my appreciation, I am releasing a beta (which you now possess) with the wonderful items that have bee given to me.
Most of these models will not be there in the Alpha, so enjoy them while you can.

WHAT YOU GET IN THIS BETA:
ODST Alpha Unit.
All the wonderful player models given to me by various people.
A few weapon models with accurate sounds and effects.
Custom Shell and shell music.
Blood Gluch map.
Polis Masa forest era mod for Conquest and Capture the Flag.
Announcer voices for Capture the Flag.
Online support for everything.

SHELL MUSIC INSTALLATION AND MOD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Unzip the contents of the HLO folder and place it in your C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon
2. Grab the shell.lvl included in the unzip. This is the custom shell music. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound and make a folder called HLO_shell. place the shell.lvl in this folder.
-2. (continued) If you have the Mass Effect Mod installed and you hear the Mass Effect music on the startup screen, you will need to create a folder called ME5_shell inside of the mentioned directory (GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound). Move the shell.lvl folder from this directory into the ME5_shell folder. Leave the Shell_OLD.lvl file where it is.
--2 (continued) If you have the basic Star Wars music playing on the startup screen, create a folder in the directory mentioned (GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound) called OLD_shell. Move the shell.lvl from the mentioned directory into this folder.
3. Move the shell.lvl file from the folder called HLO_shell (you made it) into this directory : (GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound).
4. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and enjoy HaloFront's new shell beta!

UN-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Go to this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon
2. Delete the HLO folder.
3. Go to this directory : C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\_lvl_pc\sound
4. If you launch BF2 and you hear the Halo startu music, Delete the shell.lvl form that location, and move one of the old ones in it's place. (i.e. the ones in ME5_shell or OLD_shell.)
5. Go consider why you uninstalled this mod.
6. Don't start smoking and drinking because of your depression, just reinstall the mod!

NOTE FOR SHELL:
1. Open this directory : C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\HLO\data\_LVL_PC\cfg
2. Read the info.txt file.
3. Love my shell.
4. Have a cookie, no chocolate ones. :P

THIS MOD CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- a massive amount of specially hand-crafted assets specifically tailored for this mod. This would not have been possible without the help of noMatt, GameToast, and AQT.
- support for Polis Masa
- One custom Halo CE map : Blood Gulch
- WAY too much content to list here.

WHAT YOU DON'T GET FROM THIS BETA:
Master Chief model
Grunt model
Elite Model
Spartan models
HALO 4 HUD
Textures on all of the weapons
Accurate FP animations
Quite a few weapons are saved for the Alpha, you don't get them until later.
Correct VO streams.
Vehicles are off limits here. :D

KNOWN BUGS:
The map Polis Masa is quite laggy for online play. There are also quite a few visible seams in the map. These will be fixed for the alpha.
The blood gulch base has a collision issue. This will be fixed for the alpha.
Blood Gulch map MUST be played with Light bloom ON, otherwise the teleport will not be portrayed correctly. Will be fixed for alpha.
FP animations are terrible :P. This will be fixed for the alpha.
Voices of rep and cis still in-game. will be fixed for alpha.
Loadscreen for Polis Masa is incorrect.
Tips and Tricks are incorrect.

CREDITS:

Primary Team
JimmyAngler - Mod Team Leader, Modeller
noMatt - Texture Artist

Secondary Team
AQT - Blood Gulch Map, Many Beta Models, Help with odf's
Marth8880 - Specific Advice, Help with Effects

Special Thanks To
GameToast - Answering Questions
Nedarb7 - Binocular Scope
willinator - Energy Sword, Elite Textures
Vf50 - Elite Models
THEWULFMAN - General Advice

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II WAS DEVELOPED BY PANDEMIC STUDIOS AND PRODUCED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

HALO IS AWESOME. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER UNDER SECTION 107 OF THE COPYRIGHT ACT 1976, ALLOWANCE IS MADE FOR "FAIR USE" FOR PURPOSES SUCH AS CRITICISM, COMMENT, NEWS REPORTING, TEACHING, SCHOLARSHIP, AND RESEARCH. FAIR USE IS A USE PERMITTED BY COPYRIGHT STATUTE THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE INFRINGING. NON-PROFIT, EDUCATIONAL OR PERSONAL USE TIPS THE BALANCE IN FAVOR OF FAIR USE.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THIS MOD. LIKE GIVE GAMETOAST GENEROUS DONATIONS FOOL!!!

THIS MOD DOES COME WITH A NUCLEAR ARSENAL OF WEAPONS FOR YOU, ONLY YOU HAVE TO GO GET IT FROM MR. OBAMA (ISN'T THAT AN APPLE BUTTER COMPANY???)
PLEASE DO NOT INJURE YOUSELF WITH THIS MOD. JIMMY ANGLER, BILL GATES, NOMATT, WILLINATOR, AQT, AND GAMETOAST ARE NOT LIABE FOR THE MISUSE OF THIS MOD IN ANY WAY.
PLEASE AVOID SEIZURES. DON'T EAT DOGS. THANK ME. LOVE GOD. MARTH IS COOL. :P
Last edited by JimmyAngler on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: HaloFront Beta (Build 0504/01)

Post by CommanderCody »

Nice beta! Looking forward to more maps and units :D
Will you make the flood too?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
MUST NOT TALK DOWNLOAD
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Guys chill, this is just a beta.... The flood.. eh, probably not.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I could not find the odst. the effects were nice. There is weird collision on the halo bases: I could not enter one thru the basement, and they feel too small. Are you going to add brutes and halo vehicles?
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Wow, I apologize for the confusion... This is not really a beta but an alpha. I had those words mixed up.. Mk, about your question, the ReadMe explains all bugs and issues. Yeah I know the collision thing is there, I'm trying to fix it. The ODST isn't in this download.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Re: HaloFront Alpha (Build 0504/01)

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Jimmy how is the mod going?