Battlefront: Halation's WIP

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Battlefront: Halation's WIP

Post by JimmyAngler »

Battlefront: Halation

Main Mod Team
JimmyAngler
MissingTexture

Secondary Mod Team
Marth8880
AQT

Completed Maps
BloodGulch

Maps in Progress
Blood Gulch v2.0

Sides
Spartans
Covenant

Beta Testers

Images
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
Videos
Last edited by JimmyAngler on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: HaloFront's WIP (build 0516-02)

Post by Nedarb7 »

Looks great! Nice to see some weapon models textured :D

Also I'm pretty sure it is TwinkeyRunaway not TwinkeyRunAway
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Wow your units look great
SpartanA259
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Orion City
xbox live or psn: Steam: [404] Ash

Post by SpartanA259 »

I agree that those units look awesome. Looking good so far.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention I need some game testers.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

*signs contract without reading*
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I'll do it
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Sign me up to beta test!
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

Wow Jimmy, this mod's really been picking up speed! Who made the weapon models, ODST, and Banshee? Because whoever they are, they're very talented, as well as the texture artist. Keep up the good work guys!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I have to ask simply because they're so high quality. Are some of these models ripped? The ODST, Recon Spartan, and Saw look crazy detailed. Please post wireframes
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Well, most of the 1st person models are made by Martin Lee Ball (Yeah, that crazy good modeler let me in on some of his models). I modeled all of the low poly weapons. The models of the sniper (have I posted a pic yet?) was a combination of his (Martin's) main body and my barrels, scope, etc.. The saw (I think) is made by someone on a forum I was looking through. (I'll have to check on the validity of the model, even if it isn't Halo 4 poly count.)
jjonthefreeway
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by jjonthefreeway »

I will happily beta test if you need some game testers
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Before I send out a release to the testers, do those who have asked to test obtain a copy of the newer releases of Halo? I ask this because this mod needs to feel like Halo and will only feel like it if those who test it know what Halo feels like. (Hope that made sense).
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

JimmyAngler wrote:Well, most of the 1st person models are made by Martin Lee Ball (Yeah, that crazy good modeler let me in on some of his models). I modeled all of the low poly weapons. The models of the sniper (have I posted a pic yet?) was a combination of his (Martin's) main body and my barrels, scope, etc.. The saw (I think) is made by someone on a forum I was looking through. (I'll have to check on the validity of the model, even if it isn't Halo 4 poly count.)
Okay, but the ODST, Recon Spartan, Banshee, etc look flat-out ripped to be honest. As you know we're not allowed to have ripped models for legality concerns. If it were Star Wars I'd be less concerned. I dunno. I won't press the issue, just try to minimize use of copyrighted material if you have to use it.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

Teancum wrote: JimmyAngler wrote:Well, most of the 1st person models are made by Martin Lee Ball (Yeah, that crazy good modeler let me in on some of his models). I modeled all of the low poly weapons. The models of the sniper (have I posted a pic yet?) was a combination of his (Martin's) main body and my barrels, scope, etc.. The saw (I think) is made by someone on a forum I was looking through. (I'll have to check on the validity of the model, even if it isn't Halo 4 poly count.)

Okay, but the ODST, Recon Spartan, Banshee, etc look flat-out ripped to be honest. As you know we're not allowed to have ripped models for legality concerns. If it were Star Wars I'd be less concerned. I dunno. I won't press the issue, just try to minimize use of copyrighted material if you have to use it.
I see... :| Well I found the orgin of the banshee and ODST and the seem to be ripped. Does the fact of being illegal still hold even if I have done editing on the model? e.g. T-poseing, Finding and Fixing Textures, deleteing crazy polygons. etc..

I can definitely model some of my own models for this purpose, It would just take some extra time.

(btw I doubt the Recon Spartan is ripped, It's a combination of my old Masterchief body with some armor changes and a new head. Plus it's terribly messy wire also holds a problem.)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

JimmyAngler wrote:Before I send out a release to the testers, do those who have asked to test obtain a copy of the newer releases of Halo? I ask this because this mod needs to feel like Halo and will only feel like it if those who test it know what Halo feels like. (Hope that made sense).

I have played ODST, Reach, 4, and the classic Halo Wars and Halo 2. You got the right man.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I've played halo 1, 2, 3, reach, and wars
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

JimmyAngler wrote:I can definitely model some of my own models for this purpose, It would just take some extra time.
Is there a particular reason why anything needs to be rushed in the first place?

I suggest you finalize aspects of the mod related to game play based on your own preferences first before releasing another version for testing purposes. You can always add new features later and change art assets as you progress along. If that's what you are already planning to do, then never mind. I am mainly basing my suggestions on the alpha version you released recently. (While it was indeed playable, I felt that it was too early in terms of development to even be released at all.)
jjonthefreeway
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by jjonthefreeway »

JimmyAngler wrote:Before I send out a release to the testers, do those who have asked to test obtain a copy of the newer releases of Halo? I ask this because this mod needs to feel like Halo and will only feel like it if those who test it know what Halo feels like. (Hope that made sense).

I have played Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach including most of their campaigns and I have played the multiplayer for 4 so I know how lovely the SAW featured in your screenshots can be ;)
JimmyAngler
High General
High General

Post by JimmyAngler »

AQT wrote: JimmyAngler wrote:I can definitely model some of my own models for this purpose, It would just take some extra time.

Is there a particular reason why anything needs to be rushed in the first place?

I suggest you finalize aspects of the mod related to game play based on your own preferences first before releasing another version for testing purposes. You can always add new features later and change art assets as you progress along. If that's what you are already planning to do, then never mind. I am mainly basing my suggestions on the alpha version you released recently. (While it was indeed playable, I felt that it was too early in terms of development to even be released at all.)
Well, I have realized that my mod team is very small and so things need to be rushed a little. If I had a larger team, things would probably move along slower, but with more homemade models. I released the first version because I wanted to release your work AQT, because you started me on this experience and I wanted to show my thanks. people just took an idea and ran with it about the fact it was a full out beta. No further public releases will happen until v1.0.

I plan on getting at least one released finished this summer (I am going to be going to a (First Time!) new high school in the Fall), and this being the cause of the "rush". I don't feel like I'm rushing, there still is hundreds of things to be done.

Regarding the use of a few ripped models, I plan on using these for my own benefit mostly to get the feel for Halo (I never have played the game myself.)
Is it really Illegal to use ripped models even if 343 gets the credit? If so, by all means I will remodel them all.

Glad my testers have Halo experience, you guys will be able to tell me how accurate the stuff is.