Belsavis: Icebound

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Belsavis: Icebound

Post by ZoomV »

BELSAVIS: ICEBOUND

Alright as a avid SWTOR fan I decided to create a Belsavis (favorite planet) for battlefront

Republic discovers CIS has made a prison on the ancient world of belsavis. The 41st Elite are sent to break open the secret prison, only to discover that Belsavis is far less hospitable than first thought....

Sreenshots
Hidden/Spoiler:
README
Hidden/Spoiler:
Belsavis: Icebound v1.0

Created by ZoomV

Backstory: Republic discovers CIS has made a prison on the ancient world of belsavis. The 41st Elite are sent to break open the secret prison, only to discover that Belsavis is far less hospitable than first thought....

Installation
If it does not already exist create a folder named "addon" in the GameData folder, then copy the BVS folder directly into the addon folder. the directory should look something like this.

....>StarWars:Battlefront_II(or whatever your installation folder is named)>GameData>addon>BVS

Credits
From Majin Revan's Clone Commando Source files:
•Clone Commando model created by NeoMarz and converted by Teancum and Vyse.
• Dragonum's DC-15s model
• Qdin's DC-17 model
Icemember: Clone Commander skin (modified by me)
kinetosimpetus: Droid Commando Model and skin
DEVISS: ARC Trooper Model

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

Download removed

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD
Last edited by ZoomV on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Re: Belsavis: Icebound

Post by PRECISION »

Downloading! There is a republic commando right? Anyways, ill write a review when a play it :P
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

Nice Map, download it now! :cpu:
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I have been looking forward for this map to be released for a month! Looks really good so far on my first playthrough and I do not see any problems but if I do see any visual problems or encounter any problem I will edit this post if anything arouses my suspicions.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

Well I assume it must be good if people are not saying anything. :)
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

OMG! I REALLY like this map! I would like to begin by saying you did such a good job on detail. The maps looks really nice with all the foliage and plants. Not alot of maps but enough foliage in them. Next, that big tree, I must say, was pretty fun fighting to the top. There are always units spawning their which made go up the tree really fun. I died a few times getting up there but it was awesome! One bad thing I dont like.. the commandos sniper.. only one shot per-reload? As a active sniper myself, one shot is not always enough. I understand there was a sniper class but I love commandos too much not to use them. Its not that big of a problem, but it brought some difficulty's. I love the ARC trooper. Using the one mod (cant remeber it) to make him tilt his head to the side really added to him. If I had to pick the ARC or commando... I would pick the commando. Overall, I think this is a 9/10 for me.

Now, I really hope you do this, so here is goes...
You should map a tropical map. Beaches, islands, lots of water, you know what I mean. I think you would to a AWESOME job on it. (as long as you add foliage) A waterfall would be nice too. There just isnt to many tropical maps in BF2 and it is kind of sad. I love the tropics. So you can see me being sad :( Anywho, you NEED to keep the commando in it. Maybe give him more shots in the sniper but as along as he is in it, im happy. So please, if you can, I would love. Maybe make a WIP thread with progress and we can talk about it. This map would be really awesome :)

Again, Awesome map you have made :D It is staying in my addon folder!!!
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ZoomV »

PRECISION wrote:OMG! I REALLY like this map! I would like to begin by saying you did such a good job on detail. The maps looks really nice with all the foliage and plants. Not alot of maps but enough foliage in them. Next, that big tree, I must say, was pretty fun fighting to the top. There are always units spawning their which made go up the tree really fun. I died a few times getting up there but it was awesome! One bad thing I dont like.. the commandos sniper.. only one shot per-reload? As a active sniper myself, one shot is not always enough. I understand there was a sniper class but I love commandos too much not to use them. Its not that big of a problem, but it brought some difficulty's. I love the ARC trooper. Using the one mod (cant remeber it) to make him tilt his head to the side really added to him. If I had to pick the ARC or commando... I would pick the commando. Overall, I think this is a 9/10 for me.
Well thanks for the great review. As for the commando's sniper rifle, the reason for it's one shot clip is because I wanted to make sure that for people who want to snipe, that the pure sniper class would be the choice. I wanted the commando to have the sniper rifle to keep the special forces/versatile unit feel but I did not want to make the commando a direct upgrade over the sniper.

As for the tropics, eh.. I have my hands full working on this.
Hidden/Spoiler:
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Hmmm maybe a 2 shot? Well, please when you get the time we can talk about it. I really think you would make a great one and it would be nice to play a tropic map.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

That tropic map screenshot looks incredible! The model looks professionally done. Good job mate! Keep up the great work!
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

ZoomV wrote: As for the tropics, eh.. I have my hands full working on this.
Hidden/Spoiler:
SWTOR sides FTW!!!! :thumbs:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHxULOck-vc

We pumped up the settings to high to show off how this map uses the vanilla assets in a great way!
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Watched it