Challenge World Prototype

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Challenge World Prototype

Post by Noobasaurus »

It's unfinished. It's pretty bad. Why am I releasing this? I felt like it and I'm not really working on it too much right now. I just wanted to show everyone what I was working on. And yes, I finally used ZE for the first time in a long while.

It currently only has three challenges that work, so if you can complete those (WITH PROOF :P ) then I will give you a cookie. The challenges alternate between duels and random stuff. Use the door on the left to enter a challenge. Don't enter the first door on the right or you lose. No really, you lose.

If you need help on challenge #2, post here and I can help you in spoilers.

SCREENZ:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Download

In the Instant Action screen, it'll show up as "Boss Battle Extreme." I haven't gotten around to changing it yet. It's yellow.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: Challenge World Prototype

Post by commanderawesome »

It doesn't look THAT bad....
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I couldn't find all the discs in time.. tried twice. Some of those placements are just cruel (you know the one). Also I get a defeat screen if I use the unit changer twice or after 1 challenge.

@commanderawesome: That's not constuctive criticism at all. Better to not say anything.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

I'm saying that, judging solely by the screenshots, it doesn't look like a bad map, sure, it uses only stock assets and is a pretty mixed up environment, but it gives the feel of a challenge arena using relics, weapons, structures and foes from all over the galaxy. Now, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that with some gameplay adjustments and maybe some custom sides this could be a really fun map.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

MileHighGuy wrote:I couldn't find all the discs in time.. tried twice. Some of those placements are just cruel (you know the one).
Yeah, some of my disks are cruel. Really cruel.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You can make that jump. Also, you might want to try looking near the mountain. Very near. Or maybe even near the fountains of the Kashyyyk on the sides. How many disks did you get in total?
commanderawesome wrote:I'm saying that, judging solely by the screenshots, it doesn't look like a bad map, sure, it uses only stock assets and is a pretty mixed up environment, but it gives the feel of a challenge arena using relics, weapons, structures and foes from all over the galaxy. Now, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that with some gameplay adjustments and maybe some custom sides this could be a really fun map.
So maybe I did shoot it a bit low in the first post, but I was mainly trying to convey the point that it wasn't finished. Though the areas you can play in right now are slightly polished.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

The map is really cool and I like how you have divided into 4 challanges. The first one was easy, but in second one I needed a lot of time finding the disks (nice hidden).
Hidden/Spoiler:
But to get the disk on the Mygeeto prop you have to take sniper because the clone trooper is too slow to jump and hit the disk.
My other problem is the race part. If I spawn on the mountain and run forward I see 2 red circles. The mission said there is a timer but there is no one and I really could need a vehicle because the track is very long. Anyway good map I love difficilt mission maps. Good job on this one :thumbs:
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Yeah, it only has four challenges so far because that's all I've done. I was working on the race but then ran into some problems with the effects for completing each checkpoint. And yes, there will be vehicles right where you spawn so you won't have to look for them.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The clone trooper can make the jump, but it is really difficult. I'll probably move it closer.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Do not be too hard on yourself just because it is not finished. This still was pretty fun to play and even though it took me like 10 minutes to do this I still got stuck on one main part. FINDING THOSE 10 DISCS, I always seem to find 8 no problem, 2 of them are just hidden in pretty good areas. I would rate this (even though as you mentioned it is unfinished) a 7/10!
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Lots of fun, is the race challenge working right? I never got past that.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

No the race challenge isn't working. I was having trouble doing some effects so I might put it in later.