Ryloth: Nabat 1.0v Release

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Ryloth: Nabat 1.0v Release

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Hello again fellow modders, im here to release my alpha version of my map, much of the info is in the readme here.
NOTE, this also includes my beta era mod
STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS
So comment lots plz.
README
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hello everyone, This is the 1.0 Version of my mod map Ryloth: Nabat, it is based off of "Innocents Of Ryloth", one of my favorite episodes of the clone wars series.

another thing, I made this map with all the avalable assets I could find, i know its not accurate to the show but this is supposed to be fun so relax.
This map also comes as a a beta for my pseudo side mod, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, questions, comments,flames jawas are welcome.

If you were one of the 650 people that downloaded my beta version of this map, thank you, but its time to delete it, before you install the 1.0v
Instalation:
Most of you know this but in case this is your first mod map download, the follow these easy steps.
1. Copy and paste the RYB folder and everything in it into your addon folder located here C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon ( if there is no addon folder there, create one.( NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE 1.1 PATCH FOR MODS TO WORK )
2. Run Star Wars Battlefront 2 and select Ryloth: Town in your Instant Action map list, launch and enjoy! Hint, its the light blue one ,':>)

Another thing, you need the 1.3v r117 patch for the era names to be proper.

WAIT!!!!! Before you play, LOWER these visual settings, most people will have a fast enough cpu to play this on high settings.
Texture quality :LOW
Lighting Quality:
Shadows: OFF, no one really cares about these any way,
I suggest if you can, to keep your LOD above 20 and View above 70, and keep Light Bloom on too, it helps with the ambience.
those with reaaly fast computers can enjoy things on high, the lighting is fixed so it good now.

Ryloth: Nabat
Storyline

Star Wars The Clone Wars
The Techno Union has captured Ryloth, home to the Twi'leks. The Twi'leks are being starved and held hostage. Anakin Skywalker, Obi-wan Kenobi, and Mace Windu lead a massive assault on the planet to free it's people. Remember, we are here to help the Twi'leks, not destroy whats left of their homes, no rocket launchers or thermal detonaters.

Galactic Cival War
The New Republic is leading a invasion of of Ryloth, which is being subjugated by The Galactic Empire.

The Dark Times
The Rebel Alliance is raiding a Imperial Garrison on Ryloth.

KOTOR
FOR FUN

Features;
- 100% custom/new textures for everything, 98% done by me, the door on the buildings was RogueKnight's. Some are only edited.
- 100% custom sides, only the CIS engineer went unchanged.
- 95% custom weapon effects/weapon ablities.
- 90% tweaked/revamped unit abilites.
- 97% destroyable objects, everything but the trees( and rubble/rocks/derilicts are not destroyable )
-75% custom models, 40% of which I made.
- Many changes to make it feel like The Clone Wars, Clones have ANDEWEGET's TCW armor, a B-1 battledroid for the main CIS rifleman, commando droids, and custom shield effect for droideka, Underhanded Chaingun for the Rep, changed sniper lasers to feel more realistic, Slower more powerful rifle for Rep Rifleman, Commander Cody secondary hero for Rep and loads more.

Known bugs and glitches/ things i will try to fix in the complete 2.0 version.
If you dont have The Drak times installed and you try to play it, it will crash, same thing for KotOR, Also There is a KotOR hero assault in the select screen if you have the conversion pack 2.0v's addme script activated this is a glitch.
I qasnt completly succesfull in my endeavor of making the awnings blow up with buildings, only some do.
There are only a couple of true glitches, the EMP grenades use a different sound than there supposed to, and a couple other small probs,

Things I fixed/added since the 0.9v
-Changed layout slightly
-Changed the clone models.
-Added ambient sounds
-Added loads of new effects
-Fixed Localizations
-Fixed BX-commando droids chunks( I modeled new chunks)
-Fixed ALOT of floationg objects
-Added a second "precipitation" (Embers)
-Added The Dark Times Mod, and KotOR
-Added more new models, including Darth_SpiderPig's Cannon Model
-Added new weapons ( Commando Vibrosword)
-Added Flyers ( V-19 Torrents, Droid Starfighter, Republic Y-wing, Hyena Bombers, Acclamator-class star destroyers, and a Venater-Class star destroyer, all present at one time or another at the battle of Ryloth)
-Added new exsplosion effects( water barrel blows up with watery exp)
-Added Twi'lek Locals ( Both Armed Civilians and Twi'lek Milita)
-Added Dust particlues
-Added Glow rotating effect for some of the rubble.
-Fixed Mel Gibsons temper, oh wait I still have alot of work to do on that :P
-Removed Obi-wans "Mind Trick" since it sucked
-so much more

Please report any bugs to me,My email address is
captainwulfmanthefirst@mail.com
or contact me on gametoast username
THEWULFMAN, what else

Credits;( in no paticular order)
Jesus Christ-------------------------------My lord and savior.
Maveritchell ------------------------------- For loads of advice, and loads of solutions for my probs, and for inspiration to become a modder, and for "The Dark Times" mod & the "How to add 'The Dark Times' to your mod" tutorial & resources , AND for "KOTOR" mod & the "How to add 'KOTOR' to your mod" tutorial & resources,thank you.
Gametoast/Filefront--------------------------------------for keeping the best game ever alive for 5 years, heres to another 5, cheers. AND all of their patience helping me figure out my problems .thank you thank you thank you
JediKiller(Filefront)-----------------------for my good review and helping teaching me a few things everyone hates. FLAT MAPS SUCK!
Darth_Spiderpig-------------------------Because of his uber awesomeness in letting me use his CIS Proton Cannon, BEFORE he even released the map with it in it, also for The Flattened Skydome Ring. Thank you
Darth_Spiderpig/Warb_Null--------------------for the BTB-Y Wing, I made one of my own, but it kinda sucked, so i used this instead, thx guys
ANDEWEGET----------------------------For TCW style clones, they really bring out the clone wars feel i was going for, Thank you.
Kinetos Impetus-----------------------------------For the new dc-17a anim, thx
AQT-----------------------------------------For hex-editing the cape to Obiwan, thank you
Codarez------------------------------------For the origanal P1 Cody Visor, which i edited to fit ANDEWEGET's clones.
skyhammer_216-------------------------for loads of little props, and the two cis e5 blaster shotgun variant, and mortar attachment
ARC_Commander--------------------------for any BFX assets i might have used
wazmol----------------------------------- for some of the weapon models, including the multi-rockect launcher, and others
TheDuke----------------------------------- Good ideas, texture advice, and plenty of patience.thank you
OOM-9/NeVaR------------------------------------- for the Dc-17 Clone Carbine. thank you
Qdin----------------------------------------------for the dark part of this map BODIES! and for the magnagaurd chunks...now if only i could get them ingame roflmao
archer01 -----------------------------------for the AIHeroSupport script
Deviss----------------------------------------for helping me get many models whose links were busted, and helping me with a bunch of stuff.
trainmaster611/Repsharpshooter-------------------The manned Deployable Turrets, I tried to get this to work on my own. I failed, so this was great guys! thank you
RogueKnight-------------------------------------For the DP-23 shotgun, and For the Ryloth door texture, and the insiration for my textures of ryloth. thank you ( sorry you almost didnt get credit)
Vyse--------------------------------------------For the vibrosword, and the texture for the ground lamp. ty
Syth----------------------------------------Improved chaingun animations for the Under Handed Chaingun( thx man its great for my clone wars maps!!!!!).
dev/kinetos-------------------------------the great new commando droid model ( again anything clone wars is GREAT!!).
666rulerofclones-------------------------for the emp grenades, sorry i didnt give you credit in the 0.9v, thank you.
MasterSaitek009------------------------ for the weapons pack .thank you
caleb1117-----------------------------------a bunch of the custom models are his( the barrel, the crate, the sink,, the counter and a bunch more,) thank you
Rends-----------------------------------------for the small building with the interior, you will see a few knocking about
YouJediJunkie------------------------------ for the "junkyard" building. thank you
Maxloef----------------------------------------for for the holdout pistol model, and the LAAT/i from the clone wars without the two ball turrts and closed doors, now if only you had given the accurate LowRez...thx tho
George Lucas-----------------------------------------------For Star Wars
Pandemic/Lucasarts----------------------------------------For BF2 and the mod tools.
BETA TESTERS yes I remembered you guys.
Jendo7, Maveritchell , MrCrayon , Anakin, Skeltor, ShadowWing.
Anyone else that helped me in any way-------------------------------for anything I forgot, believe me, I tried really hard to make sure everyone got their dues, but I am sorry if I forgot you, Thank you.

Disclaimer:
THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
but this would be nothing without screens.
Hidden/Spoiler:

HERE is the download link
http://www.filefront.com/17378663/Ryloth-Nabat-/

plz report any bugs to me so i can patch them up.
special thanks
ANDEWEGET
DARTH SPIDERPIG
MAV
Lephenix

Re: Ryloth: Nabat 1.0v Release

Post by Lephenix »

Just AWESOME , especialy your new era , can t wait the mod finished ^^ , and i love the poison launcher of the droid commando :thumbs:
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Just had a quick game of the Clone Wars Era. I thought the terrain color, and props was a great improvement, and the clone models were just perfect. Haven't seen any faults at all so far but I've still got all the other eras to get through. Anyway, this is a definite keeper in my addon folder. :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Lephenix_dor wrote:Just AWESOME , especialy your new era , can t wait the mod finished ^^ , and i love the poison launcher of the droid commando :thumbs:
Jendo7 wrote:Just had a quick game of the Clone Wars Era. I thought the terrain color, and props was a great improvement, and the clone models were just perfect. Haven't seen any faults at all so far but I've still got all the other eras to get through. Anyway, this is a definite keeper in my addon folder. :D
Thanks guys, Please take your time, in all modesty theres alot to go thru
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Blade117 »

Very nice. Map was good, your era was too. Just FYI, when I try to play hunt in your era, I get a fatal error saying it could not open somethingorother.lvl. I'll get the actual error if you want it. Just might be worth looking in to.
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by ShadowWing »

Downloaded this. Haven't gotten to play it yet, but I'm sure it'll be great.
Kudos! :thumbs:
JadenWolf32

Post by JadenWolf32 »

AWESOME! Just way better then the first! 9/10! Really Impressive!!! :yes:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Blade117 wrote:Very nice. Map was good, your era was too. Just FYI, when I try to play hunt in your era, I get a fatal error saying it could not open somethingorother.lvl. I'll get the actual error if you want it. Just might be worth looking in to.
I will look into it, not sure what happened, could be a lua problem i didnt find.
:faint:
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Downloading, let's see if it is worthy to have my cannon :P

:thumbs:
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

Definite Download . . .
nice looking map and love that new era :P
yoyoman
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by yoyoman »

I found a bug the hunt mod dose not work it crashes.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

It's a lot better than your earlier version, but there are still a lot of ungrounded (floating) objects.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Maveritchell wrote:It's a lot better than your earlier version, but there are still a lot of ungrounded (floating) objects.
Ah well, i will fix in my patch im working on, Hope you liked it tho Mav, and Tean, and AQT, and AceMastermind, and any other modders that i can think of that have been here since the dawn of gt.
izvishnu
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: LMarvel Gmod BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by izvishnu »

This is a great map, it has a combat quality that many others cannot yet match. Will this map be included into the final release of your TCW mod? Anyways, this is a very fun map. Though, will you be able to fix the "fall" damage from "sliding" down a hill/mountain side? (It got very annoying).