How bout dem Aliens?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

How bout dem Aliens?

Post by Kingpin »

Well, for the past 5 months, I have been waiting for the masterpiece videogame on the Alien franchise, known as Alien: Isolation. With promises to have intelligent AI, horrifying thrills, a killer plot, and, most of all, a half-decent game (unlike the predecessor, Aliens: Colonial Marines). However, I looked at IGN's highly negative review of the game, and now I feel very... sad.

Anyone have the game yet? Any thoughts?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: How bout dem Aliens?

Post by Marth8880 »

I'm super excited to play the game, but I don't yet have any money to buy it. D:

By the way, to anyone who reads this, don't bother reading/watching IGN's stupid review of the game. The reviewer clearly did not know what he was talking about and even basically admitted it in the (text) review.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Huh. Well, I think that I might get Shadow of Mordor when it comes out on the 360 instead; it's been getting great reviews. Looks like Assassin's Creed meets Lord of the Rings with the Arkham franchise combat.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

I'm waiting until the price goes down....I'm cheap like that.....but it looks really good. It's nice to see a movie game do this well, and from what I've heard it should take the bad colonial marines taste out of your mouth.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Zapattack1234 wrote:I'm waiting until the price goes down....I'm cheap like that.....but it looks really good. It's nice to see a movie game do this well, and from what I've heard it should take the bad colonial marines taste out of your mouth.
Agreed. In Colonial Marines, it was just the same thing over and over, not to mention shabby graphics and the WORST MP I have seen in a game. Ever.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Well, at least we got to use harsh language. (waits for someone to get it)